BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Why should MPs be forced to accept no deal or the WA?

Didn't BOTH labour and the conservatives campaign on this matter, that they BOTH said they would accept the result and honour it? 

You know they did, you think it's acceptable to just not come through with it? 

It is now a fight for democracy......I am personally beyond caring how it's done, as long as democracy wins! I also believe those working to overturn the democratic will of the people are traitors and should pay a heavy price for their treachery! To claim they are doing it for the good of the country is a lie....no one knows what it's going to happen post Brexit.......they are feeding peoples fears with lies and false prophecies in order to change the will of the people, for their own personal ends.

9 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Why should MPs be forced to accept no deal or the WA?

The majority voted to leave so MP’s are duty bound to honour that result. 

As for no deal, they aren’t interested in a deal or indeed no deal, because they don’t want to leave, which is why we’ve been in this situation for three years now. 

The EU isn’t interested in a deal either, for the simple reason they want our money. 

If you think there’s uncertainty and chaos now, just wait until they cancel the referendum result, which is their ultimate aim. 

Edited by Scully

10 hours ago, discobob said:

Because that is what they agreed to when triggering article 50

There is no mandate for no deal and even Boris is now admitting it's a really bad idea, I'm sure you will have seen his narrative has shifted dramatically on this over the last couple days, whether what says can be trusted is another matter....

9 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm. Why should we all be forced to surrender to the politically integrated EU superstate?

Fair point but the answer ain't crashing out with no deal.

9 hours ago, Rewulf said:

That one trick pony is why we're even having this conversation.

Keep dismissing that conversation, and it will lead you to an unfamiliar place. 

This almost sounds like another threat, lol.

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Didn't BOTH labour and the conservatives campaign on this matter, that they BOTH said they would accept the result and honour it? 

You know they did, you think it's acceptable to just not come through with it? 

No, but not at all costs.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

The majority voted to leave so MP’s are duty bound to honour that result. 

As for no deal, they aren’t interested in a deal or indeed no deal, because they don’t want to leave, which is why we’ve been in this situation for three years now. 

The EU isn’t interested in a deal either, for the simple reason they want our money. 

If you think there’s uncertainty and chaos now, just wait until they cancel the referendum result, which is their ultimate aim. 

Comes back to why the whole referendum gig was  a hiding to nothing, all about the Tories trying to destroy UKIP.

Again, your last sentence sounds like a threat, personally I don't see it happening.

Maybe a sensible compromise would be to carve the country up into two states, one in the EU and the other somewhere else - after all that kind of thing has worked so well in the past...

45 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

FB-IMG-1568020109940.jpg

It would be funny if it wasn't so apt.

On a separate note, what an absolute disgrace the behaviour was in the Commons last night of all parties - it was akin to a punch and judy show. The Tories seemed upbeat though, I wonder what Cummings has up his sleeve...

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

There is no mandate for no deal

Tell me something.
Is there a mandate to leave ?

Indeed , is there a mandate to cancel the ref result, and forget it ever happened ?

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

This almost sounds like another threat, lol.

Youre beginning to sound like my old mate grannet , he imagined people on here were threatening him too 😂

Just now, Rewulf said:

Tell me something.
Is there a mandate to leave ?

Indeed , is there a mandate to cancel the ref result, and forget it ever happened ?

Youre beginning to sound like my old mate grannet , he imagined people on here were threatening him too 😂

Yes a mandate to leave, a movement to do so at whatever cost, another to do so in a controlled orderly manner and another to cancel the result.

No idea who Grannet is but to be clear I do not see your comments as personal threats 👍

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Yes a mandate to leave, a movement to do so at whatever cost, another to do so in a controlled orderly manner and another to cancel the result.

After all this time, where do you think we are being lead ?

An EU that gave us the only deal they would accept.
A PM that surrendered immediately to their demands.
A Parliament with a strong 5th column who actively worked to remain, despite their voters wishes.
A media as biased as can be toward remain .
Laws passed with abandon to cancel any other options beside remain or BRINO.

And best of all, an opposition that wont allow an election to sort it all out, despite spending years asking for one when they thought they could win.

At this moment in time Id prefer a military junta than what we have for a parliament .

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

We've been in despair at Parliament for months, surely.

Do you not see the irony of the "self serving" remainer argument given that the primary motivation for Brexit from the government is to neutralise the Brexit Party threat!? Seems to me that only the Tories are really afraid of the Brexit Party and it's obvious why.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

At this moment in time Id prefer a military junta than what we have for a parliament .

Comments like this serve the stereotypes dished on leave voters in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Do you not see the irony of the "self serving" remainer argument given that the primary motivation for Brexit from the government is to neutralise the Brexit Party threat!? Seems to me that only the Tories are really afraid of the Brexit Party and it's obvious why.

That makes NO sense.
The Brexit party wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for the fact the ref result hasnt been adhered to.

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

😂

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Comments like this serve the stereotypes dished on leave voters in the first place.

Really , what sterotype, the one where you expect a winning vote to be honoured ?

24 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

There is no mandate for no deal and even Boris is now admitting it's a really bad idea, I'm sure you will have seen his narrative has shifted dramatically on this over the last couple days, whether what says can be trusted is another matter....

There doesn't need to be a mandate. According to https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/577971/EPRS_BRI(2016)577971_EN.pdf

To Quote

"The Union and the Member State wishing to withdraw have a time-frame of two years to agree on these
arrangements. After that, membership ends automatically, unless the European Council
and the Member State concerned jointly decide to extend this period (Article 50(3) TEU)."

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Again, your last sentence sounds like a threat, personally I don't see it happening.

A threat? 😂 Of what?

You don’t see what happening? Us leaving or increased uncertainty and possible continuing chaos? 

If the referendum is cancelled the Tories are finished; there will be an election and labour and the libdems will probably get in with a sweeping majority of an apathetic turn out, or a sweeping majority of student votes who think Corbyn is a nice man 😂 , ( and people think we’re in a mess now! ) or even more will vote than did in the referendum, but it will be split between many parties. 

The repercussions of the referendum result being overturned will rumble on for years. We ain’t leaving.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

On a separate note, what an absolute disgrace the behaviour was in the Commons last night of all parties - it was akin to a punch and judy show. The Tories seemed upbeat though, I wonder what Cummings has up his sleeve...

I watched that and a bit of what was on earlier, the rowdiness from both sides towards any input from the other side was a disgrace that has become a daily occurrence - compare that to how orderly the EU house listens to those speaking. UK plotricks on all sides has seriously gone adrift. Bercow was very bolshie too.

Edited by Dave-G

39 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I watched that and a bit of what was on earlier, the rowdiness from both sides towards any input from the other side was a disgrace that has become a daily occurrence - compare that to how orderly the EU house listens to those speaking. UK plotricks on all sides has seriously gone adrift. Bercow was very bolshie too.

It seems to have become the norm now to for some to shout down or over those whose voices they don’t want to hear. It’s not debate, it’s the politics of bullying. 

14 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

So ... assume you have a free 20 quid bet .. what's your money on for 1st November?

PM .. Boris v an other

EU .. in or out?

Deal … or no deal?

An interesting acumulator, I would keep the money in my pocket as I really have no faith in the system doing as it should.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Capitalisation!