BREXIT

JohnfromUK

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

In school, we learn whatever it is that the Powers That Be want us to learn. But in a proper university  - and not just a glorified vocational college that calls itself a university - the first thing we learn is how to source and assess original material. It's like night and day.

Once you have been through the modern education system, the course you may pick at uni, and the material you choose to use in your course will have been heavily influenced by the left leaning establishment that captured you at 4/5 years old.
Ive noticed this with daughters, though , because we discuss politics a fair bit, they are much more balanced in their views.
Their friends however are another matter...

10 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

All in all I suspect uni students are a fairly resentful bunch.

They are pretty much told that not only have we ruined their chances of being European citizens, weve   destroyed the planet for them too.
No doubt they are a bit miffed they werent bought up gender neutral too 😆

34 minutes ago, discobob said:

This is pushing the Welsh agenda

Blatant nationalism !
Stay in the EU , theyll soon sort that out, make it illegal or something 😂

32 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

What do you expect - they carefully choose both questions and panelists to suit their (BBC) agenda.

Yes  a very remain based panel, the labour lackey , unsurprising , made NO sense whatsoever !

Afua Hirsch , why ?
She could fall out with someone in an empty field.
That look on her face as she spits out her condescending bile, self centered , entitled , nauseating...Im just surprised she didnt bring slavery into it, like she usually does.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm... Look at any 'billboard' outside a UK university you'll see it carries words to the effect that its funded by the EU, and we know the EU likes to project its own agenda.

In addition I think that many uni students are pretty miffed about the massive debt they have to eventually repay for their education when they find suitably profitable work - that us older peeps never had to endure.

All in all I suspect uni students are a fairly resentful bunch.

We’ll see if the students have a long or short memory if significant numbers vote for the lib dumbs at the next election!...I suspect the wish to remain will be strong, so probably the latter?

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm... Look at any 'billboard' outside a UK university you'll see it carries words to the effect that its funded by the EU, and we know the EU likes to project its own agenda. I can smell a farmyard animal, is it a horse, a sheep...no it`s bull. Here you go, just for you (EU research funding economic impact)

"We Know" ...no you are projecting your agenda.

In addition I think that many uni students are pretty miffed about the massive debt they have to eventually repay for their education when they find suitably profitable work - that us older peeps never had to endure. No, just like the research funding outlined above its like speculating to accumulate. You also seem unaware that Scottish students get free tuition in Scottish unis.

All in all I suspect uni students are a fairly resentful bunch. Really?

On 11/09/2019 at 18:03, Jaymo said:

Or why have steak when an ‘Iceland’ beef burger will suffice 

When did we ever get steak from the EU? More like crumbs from the table!

On 10/09/2019 at 19:32, Retsdon said:

This is a dream, not a plan. It's James Hacker....

No, there was never a conspiracy of any kind. Rather, given the constraints of May 's 'red lines' and the  EU rules that govern the single market, (which the UK had a very large part in writing in the first place, it might be added) the WA was the best that the negotiators could come up with in the time available to them. 

No conspiracy of any kind?  Yeah, right! And Adam & Eve were aliens!

3 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

She also seems to forget the biggest slavers in the world were the arabs and the coastal African tribes, the European races simply bought some of them.

Absolutely correct!

brexit-debate.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1                                                                                                                                                          From 9am -12pm next Wednesday the European Parliament will hold a big debate on the Brexit process. Curiously, the largest party in the Parliament has been allocated just one minute of the three hours of speaking time, despite making up 4% of all MEPs, and the debate being about the literal namesake of their party. Guido doubts it will be worth watching this 99.5% Remoaning winge-a-thon…

Source: Guido Fawkes

police-leave-eu-540x308.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1                                                                                                                                                  The Metropolitan Police have today announced there will be no further action against the Leave.EU campaign. The police said that there is insufficient evidence to justify any further criminal investigation. Campaign founder Arron Banks has demanded a public inquiry into Remainer MPs’ abuse of public office in response…

Source: Guido Fawkes

So the Lib Dem’s have now officially declared they are standing on overturning Brexit, effectively saying they back not honouring a democratic vote and ignoring the will of the electorate. I know the remain crowd will applaud this but seems like a guaranteed way to avoid getting too many votes at the next election?

rapidly running out of parties to vote for, the whole things gone beyond a joke now

They were a nobody party before the referendum and they will be a nobody party after the next GE. Once Brexit is over with they'll be in an even worse position.

Brexit is their desperate bid to try and gain a bunch of MP's by getting other remain parties to withdraw their candidates in areas that are borderline. 

Just read the latest poll and surprise surprise the Tory's have increased their lead over Labour by 12% and they have lost ground and the Liberals are down on 12%. I think that says it all BUT also a large proportion of those canvassed who normally voted Labour said they would vote for Boris so that is where the Tory increase has come from. 

Interesting times ahead.

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The Lib Dems are the pointless party, they exist mainly to be middle of the road which is meaningless 

It is a long time since they were middle of the road.   They seem to be trying to out left the old labour party and out green the green party and they seem middle because the other main parties have move left, the May tories being centerist.

It's funny. Politicians get blamed for not saying what they stand for, for being too prepared to twist and turn like a twisty turny thing to appeal to the electorate, for being spineless and so on. But the minute a party stands up and says, 'This is our core promise, even if it's not what lots of people believe', they get accused of deliberately scuppering their election chances.

Even if you don't agree with them, at least they're consistent and they're consistent to the people who voted for them. I'm not sure you could say that about many of the other parties, particularly the big two (three including the SNP).

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's funny. Politicians get blamed for not saying what they stand for, for being too prepared to twist and turn like a twisty turny thing to appeal to the electorate, for being spineless and so on. But the minute a party stands up and says, 'This is our core promise, even if it's not what lots of people believe', they get accused of deliberately scuppering their election chances.

Even if you don't agree with them, at least they're consistent and they're consistent to the people who voted for them. I'm not sure you could say that about many of the other parties, particularly the big two (three including the SNP).

You make a fair point, but what my email will be concerned with,  is asking them how they think democracy works, and that if they believe a democratic vote such as the referendum shouldn’t be honoured, then why they think that a possible GE win for the Libdems as voted for via the same process as the referendum, should be honoured? 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

You make a fair point, but what my email will be concerned with,  is asking them how they think democracy works, and that if they believe a democratic vote such as the referendum shouldn’t be honoured, then why they think that a possible GE win for the Libdems as voted for via the same process as the referendum, should be honoured? 

Yes, I agree with you there. When it comes to leaving the EU on the back of a General, the only two courses of action should be to either a) get on and do it (if the Tories win, that's straightforward) or b) do another referendum, but I think that option only applies if the Lib Dems win a majority. That would give reasonable grounds to call for another referendum, given their fanatical Anti-Brexit agenda would have been voted in. But they must give the people that vote, to confirm that the majority are not longer in favour of leaving, rather than the Lib Dems winning by a combination of factors not directly connected with Brexit but still using that as an excuse to push through cancelling Article 50. 

Goodness knows what happens if Labour win!

Edited by chrisjpainter

20 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Whilst you can praise them for at least being consistent, I will continue to criticise them for being consistently terrible. 

Ignoring the referendum would honestly be disgraceful, it doesn’t matter how they spin it.