BREXIT

JohnfromUK

And what if requesting a further extension turns out to be a breach of the terms of Article 50 and therefore unlawful?

https://lawyersforbritain.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Article-50-TEU-Part-I-and-Part-II-23.5.19-by-Stanley-Brodie-QC.pdf

Hmm, bit of a conundrum.

Given the importance if this issue the question needs to be put through both the UK and EU courts before an extension is requested so we can be REALLY sure the rule of law is being properly upheld, as all the remoaners seem so keen on all of a sudden.

Of course time's a bit short now...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

But by saying this forces the EU into a actually negotiating, so far they have told us what they will give us. Not negotiated. They need out cash and input into the club. Without that it fails. Yet most people apposed to the result seem to think we should just roll over and let the EU ram their flag pole right up our.....  People need to understand there are more than 27 other countries in the world and actually if we used brittish produce for food it's quite a few cuts above the rest. We produce amazing lamb but we buy from NZ and sell ours to France. We could cut a huge carbon foot print by eating British. Just to throw in climate change too. :lol:

That's my thinking, and what the BBC News has just said, we can hardly expect the EU to back down on the backstop or give us a deal we like if they know we can't leave without any deal.

So far I'm glad Boris is sticking to his guns.

unlike labour who want err not sure i haven't checked today so it may have changed.

Anyway, all this is almost certainly an argument about nothing. The EU has reiterated over and over that if the withdrawal agreement that was negotiated and signed by May's government is now no good, it's up to Britain to put some concrete proposals forward that might at least form some kind of a basis for further discussion. And never mind what Boris says to the newspapers, the reality is that there are absolutely zero proposals coming from the British side. Not even proposals to set up negotiations. There are just jokes about the Hulk for domestic consumption. 

As a result, from what they've been saying over the last week, it rather looks like European leaders and EU officials have had about enough of it and are calling it a day. The German proverb, Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen....(those who won't hear must feel) seems to be their new thinking.

So six weeks and the UK is out.

13 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Anyway, all this is almost certainly an argument about nothing. The EU has reiterated over and over that if the withdrawal agreement that was negotiated and signed by May's government is now no good, it's up to Britain to put some concrete proposals forward that might at least form some kind of a basis for further discussion. And never mind what Boris says to the newspapers, the reality is that there are absolutely zero proposals coming from the British side. Not even proposals to set up negotiations. There are just jokes about the Hulk for domestic consumption. 

As a result, from what they've been saying over the last week, it rather looks like European leaders and EU officials have had about enough of it and are calling it a day. The German proverb, Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen....(those who won't hear must feel) seems to be their new thinking.

So six weeks and the UK is out.

Well according to the QC who gave opinion, contained in the link above...........the UK is already out!

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Surprised Boris hasn't used this to take the matter to court, as the remain bunch are never out of courts.

I am not a lawyer, but possibly there are many and varied 'opinions' of which this is just one.  It may be that Government lawyers believe that they would have little chance of this being upheld in whatever court it has to go to (EU Court of UK Supreme Court?)

Lawyers are usually quite capable of arguing any case backwards and forwards from both sides until one side runs out of money to pay them.

police-leave-eu-540x308.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1                                                                                                                                                  The Metropolitan Police have today announced there will be no further action against the Leave.EU campaign. The police said that there is insufficient evidence to justify any further criminal investigation. Campaign founder Arron Banks has demanded a public inquiry into Remainer MPs’ abuse of public office in response…

Source: Guido Fawkes

sWINSON.png?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

Damning vintage footage of Jo Swinson calling for an in-out EU referendum has emerged today, reminding Guido of a time when the Lib Dems were both liberal and democratic… 

Watch the excruciating u-turn here:

The footage emerged just one day after the Lib Dem’s new party leader said she doesn’t “forgive David Cameron for calling the referendum”. Vintage footage also shows Swinson criticising the undemocratic systems of the EU.

Give it another decade and she might have flopped back to being a eurosceptic again!

SOURCE:n GUIDO FAWKES

oops.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

Speaking on The World This Weekend the Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, Kirsten Johnson, claimed that her prospective constituency voted to Leave because “it’s 98% white, we don’t have a lot of ethnic minorities living in North Devon, people aren’t exposed to people from other countries, they don’t travel a lot.”

Johnson went on to claim that that North Devon hasn’t “appreciated the advantages” of being in the EU because it is “isolated, rural, and low income.” She went on to imply that leave voters were linked to hate crime, but when asked to explain her view just “trailed off” in the words of the BBC’s Ross Hawkins. It makes for excruciating listening…

North Devon was held by the Lib Dems for over two decades, finally being lost to the Tories in 2015. It voted Leave by almost 60%. Doesn’t look like the Lib Dems are going to win it back any time soon…

Source:  Guido Fawkes

6 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I'd say that the libs will lose the southwest in a GE, massive % voted leave so their stance of cancel Brexit means they are making alot of areas lost causes 

Surely depends on how many ways the leave vote is split? 

I would reckon on any election 1/3 of labour and Tory votes are not up for grabs. The other two thirds will be split by leave or remain and vote accordingly. Brexit party in the mix now of course.

Hopefully we dont get to it as i cant see any party getting a majority. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I would reckon on any election 1/3 of labour and Tory votes are not up for grabs. The other two thirds will be split by leave or remain and vote accordingly. Brexit party in the mix now of course.

South West was over 60% leave vote so if that still carries.. And alot think it will, let's face it we should have already left. Its just a joke now with the result well and truly ignored.. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

That's an expected reply from a Remainer, split the vote to defeat it, never mind the democratically reached conclusion of the 2016 referendum!

Intro

So we let the nation vote for something without explaining the implications of the decision - totally dependent on our useless politicians for that irrespective of which mob you had an allegiance to.

If you are fortunate enough to understand global commerce, where the stuff comes from that you buy/eat/consume and have an understanding of how the various nations, currencies and trading groups are intertwined going back 40 years the you might have a nagging doubt that our amazing country has been tragically let down by individuals that are pursuing their own short term agendas.

All that stuff about controlling immigration and pumping money into the NHS was just emotive guff - when we leave the EU the problems will be exactly the same.  And guess what? The same mindless drongos that caused the problem will blame someone else.

Recession is already here

I'm pretty certain I know what will happen post Brexit and it won't be pretty for the average family, life is going to become a lot more expensive - check out 'Economic Reality' below.   The news outlets aren't saying it yet but the UK is slipping into a recession, everywhere you look there is a cut-back on spending against a backdrop of rising costs for the basic things like food.   Aldi have announced that they are opening a new supermarket every week - go figure why they'd do that. 

Economic reality

Even here on a shooting forum - where do the raw materials for our ammunition come from?  Where do most of the affordable guns come from?  Yup - most of it comes from the EU.   Right now all goods are sold VAT free from the supplying country and pass through the EU borders without collecting customs duty.  UK VAT is charged at the point of sale.  Simples.

So has anyone bothered to explain what will happen when we aren't in the EU?   The EU supplier company will apply VAT (legal requirement) and their country border will apply an export duty charge. At the UK border HMRC will levy UK duty+VAT and then the retailer that sells you the product will have to apply UK VAT.   Net result everything (that is EVERYTHING) that's imported is going have the costs rolled upwards and is going to become VERY expensive.   This is serious stuff - when screaming for exit on the 31st of October without a 'deal' you have to understand that decent people will lose a standard of living that many assume is a democratic right.  It isn't.

I have no axe to grind either-way on this topic btw..

The Democratic vote

Yep, the nation voted leave and by that in a democratic society our elected representatives should be getting us out.   However it seems that some politicians  - labelled 'Remainers' have figured out that maybe this is actually political suicide for themselves and the UK nation as a whole that's been fed by foolish people who either just plain don't understand or had some personal agenda.

Finally - don't torch or troll me for the post - happy to discuss if you believe the above is different to the facts that you understand.  I saw recently that someone was trying to find more about me - was on here with another username some years back and couldn't get my password  reset. 

Edited by Cosmicblue
Typos

i voted leave and we were told by HM GOV at the time they would implement the decision whichever way it went that has not happened yet i was in my20,s when we voted for a group of countries that traded with each other tarriff free .we could feed ourselves as farmers grew what was needed factories turned out goods to sell we even made cars buses and lorries all without the help of what is now the EU now what have we got..Everything is german french or itallian we own nothing this is probably why the pension funds are low.we had steelworks engineering all world class.This could all come back and provide jobs and stop our carbon footprint by making things here in stead of importing The reason i voted was 1 i dont want my life run by unelected and unsackable ministers in europe  2 i am fed up with people coming here committing crimes and not being able to deport them 3 our nhs flourished pre EU why cant it now 4  we have a bad habit here of importing skills while our own engineering,colleges closed  5  i want to be known as british and not a eu citizen, ruled by an elected gov. that is not pressured to do things by the EU             THE WORLD IS OUR OYSTER