BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without preduice..................indeed what was he thinking about at the court hearing today.............was it his 

1. £400,000 purchase in Weyborne (norfolk) and £200,000 rebuild of a beamed residence....
  2. or..his old pad in Huntingdon with his treasured coy carp
  3. or....his penthouse multi-million i daresay overlooking Lords cricket ground
  4. it must have been his 4 years tickling Edwina Curries eggs...sercreating his manhood twixt her stocking and suspenders (her words) in 10 downing street
  5. im sure it must have gone thro his mind the investments in American arms companies...(a little thank you from George Bush)
  6. or was it his own attempt at perouging parliament to avoid cash for questions and the filth and debauchary questions that kept coming up

it always continues to amaze me how semi solid lumps of excrement find their way to the top....thro a sea of stale urine

cyinicle ........moi ? .........non..........

Major did it in an attempt to avoid awkward questions regarding ‘cash for questions’ in that particular sleaze ridden cabinet; Blair did it in an attempt to prevent his plans to invade Iraq from being thwarted, and Boris ( probably ) in an attempt to prevent ‘no deal’ being quashed? In no aforementioned instances was it illegal or unconstitutional for it to be done.......but, nothing like a personal financial incentive to take precedence over government corruption or an ( allegedly ) illegal war to focus ones priorities as to the need for legal action intervention. 🙂

Edited by Scully

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

No negative answers yet.

No one wants to admit to being undemocratic. 

Unless you're an MP, and you can use it to corner some extra votes to your cause, despite the fact you campaigned on a leave ticket. 

How have none of the MSM not cornered swinson about this, and asked her what's changed in her Euro scepticism? 

20 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t think you’re seeing the bigger picture. 

The British as a nation, do a lot of complaining, but in general, knowing that their vote doesn’t count for a lot as they aren’t generally listened to ( politicians will promise anything to get elected and then just ignore their pledges once elected, hence voter apathy ) tend to do their whinging and then just accept their lot in life and get on with it and vote, because what else have they got? Their vote is their only way to have a voice.

For decades we have increasingly been told by the social elite; how we should think, what we should and shouldn’t say, we are told that we should be ashamed of our colonial past and the acts of our ancestors, we are told we should be offended by this but not that, what we should accept and what we shouldn’t. What we should laugh at and what we shouldn’t. 

Basically, and rightly or wrongly, when given the referendum, the social elite gave what they regard as the socially inept a chance to have their say, and those socially inept saw it as a chance to finally make a difference and have their voices heard, but yet again, prior to this, the social elite preached to us about what we should do with this vote and the dire consequences for all ( especially them ) if we didn’t do as we were told by those who claim to know best, and what it would say about those who voted in any other way except what the elite wanted. 

The majority of people may have seen this as a massive opportunity to once and for all, let those smug, patronising and condescending social elite really know what they thought of them, and responded with a massive two fingered gesture. I doubt any of them thought they would win; I know I didn’t and if I’m correct I don’t think Farage did either. 

We’re British; we don’t do civil unrest very well, and in truth who wants that;  but the socially elite establishment reacted with such venom towards those who had dared to defy them, and with such bile, that they are now attempting to ignore and overturn the one and only option those people had to have their voices heard.

I’m more concerned with the effect this will have on domestic politics and our democracy than anything as trivial as leaving without a deal. 

I am genuinely gobsmacked as to just how restrained those purple faced, racist, homophobic brexiteers are. 

:good:

A musing from a Facebook group. 

'Sorry I’m up late trying to get my head around why people are going to court claiming a legal remedy is required as there is no political way of holding the Prime Minister to account after they just refused to have a General Election 🤔🤔

Another one. 

' Or how they’ve been able to seize control of the order paper, but it’s Boris staging a “coup” and rammed a bill through the commons, lords and royal ascent At breakneck speed while being “silenced” 🤔'

8 minutes ago, das said:

For our childrens and grandchildrens future, a hell of a big YES.

I don't disagree at all - BUT assuming we leave - with approximately (at present a little below) 50% in favour of the EU, it is only a matter of time before some political party (or parties) offer 'rejoining' on their manifesto.  As views change and the population of older who remember the EU and all of its failings drops off the end - the present small majority for leave may erode and a majority for rejoin emerge.

There are always opposition parties like Labour and LibDEm who would take any position on Brexit - if they thought it would have a chance of putting them in power.  They do not care about the EU - they want to be in Downing Street.

Edited by JohnfromUK

35 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't disagree at all - BUT assuming we leave - with approximately (at present a little below) 50% in favour of the EU, it is only a matter of time before some political party (or parties) offer 'rejoining' on their manifesto.  As views change and the population of older who remember the EU and all of its failings drops off the end - the present small majority for leave may erode and a majority for rejoin emerge.

There are always opposition parties like Labour and LibDEm who would take any position on Brexit - if they thought it would have a chance of putting them in power.  They do not care about the EU - they want to be in Downing Street.

That assumes the EU project, as it is presently, survives the major contributor leaving!

Boris will get a tweak to the Backstop then try and push through May's horrendous surrender deal which ain't leaving.  Plus they get £39 Billion of our hard earned for zilch.  However I can't see it getting through as the vast majority of the traitors in the HOP want to revoke A50.