BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I thought parliament made the laws and the Judiciary interpreted them?. Not any more it seems.

This judgement is massively more significant than it appears at face value. Never before has the Court claimed power over Parliament. Its actually a hijack.

In what way has the Court claimed power over Parliament? It specifically cannot rule on business passed by Parliament. What it can do is rule the Executive's actions as unlawful. Prorogation was not decided by Parliament. So your claim that the Supreme Court has overuled Parliament is without merit.

1 minute ago, DoolinDalton said:

If BJ holds firm and doesn't resign, then also doesn't go cap in hand to the EU, what exactly can the remain traitors do next? They can't physically force him, can they?  If he does nothing, is it really a case of 'We're out!' on the 31st October?  

This is what theyre scared of, no doubt theyll try to rush through another court case 😆

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Is it though, I read it that the courts have over ruled an ill-advised rogue government and PM - they have re-instated the power of Parliament.

A rogue parliament wont be paying attention to any court ruling then will they ?

Like wise, who knew the courts could take the decision away from the queen to reinstate parliament ?

Are you not seeing the absurdity of it yet ?

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If this ruling from the Supreme Court leads to questioning Boris Johnson's integrity and position as Prime Minister, when will someone mount a legal challenge to get MPs to do the bidding of the electorate?

The ruling answers the question on his integrity as PM, he and / or others will decide how his position as PM evolves.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

A rogue parliament wont be paying attention to any court ruling then will they ?

That remains (no pun intended) to be seen.

Like wise, who knew the courts could take the decision away from the queen to reinstate parliament ?

I doubt Liz is particularly bothered.

Are you not seeing the absurdity of it yet ?

I see the absurdity of suggestions that 11 supreme court justices are crooked or biased towards remain and allow it to affect their unanimous ruling.

Just now, Blackstone said:

Apparently taking back power to British Courts and a British Parliament is only important if they agree with you

Who is 'you' , me , or you, or the majority ?

Is there a majority for leave you say ?
Well, they wont let us find out will they ?
Strange that.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That remains (no pun intended) to be seen.

It will.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I doubt Liz is particularly bothered.

That remains to be seen also.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I see the absurdity of suggestions that 11 supreme court justices are crooked or biased towards remain and allow it to affect their unanimous ruling.

No of course, Im sure they are all staunch Brexiteers, and they put their leave bias to one side to make an impartial ruling :lol:
Give me strength !

3 minutes ago, Blackstone said:

Apparently taking back power to British Courts and a British Parliament is only important if they agree with you

Selective acceptance of democracy and the judicial process when it suits "our" agenda.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Who is 'you' , me , or you, or the majority ?

Is there a majority for leave you say ?
Well, they wont let us find out will they ?
Strange that.

We'll get to find out as soon as no deal has been put to bed - until at least after 31st October.

The thing is if Boris says that the supreme court is trying to frustrate Brexit by the ruling then he has admitted that he lied about the reason and therefore the supreme court was right.

If he stands by his original stance that the prorogation was for convenience and the Queen’s speech and nothing to do with Brexit then the supreme courts decision doesn’t affect Brexit in anyway.

He cannot have it both ways, we cannot have a prime minister that doesn’t agree with the rule of law however unsavoury it may be to him, the prime minster (senior law maker) stating he doesn’t agree with the supreme court means we can do the same should we ever find ourselves in court.

Not a good stance from our political leader regardless of your stance on Brexit, his advise not to give evidence to the supreme court was so wrong, they had no sworn evidence to prove his assertions.  

Edited by timps

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No of course, Im sure they are all staunch Brexiteers, and they put their leave bias to one side to make an impartial ruling :lol:
Give me strength !

Follow logic then, meet me in the middle and conclude they are roughly split down the middle which is good as they are of odd number. It's called compromise 😛 

Edited by Raja Clavata
odd not off

Parliament was the clear obstacle to Boris delivering Brexit.

He chose a route which removed the obstacle, but was high risk … we needed something to break the deadlock so I can understand why ..

It was EXTREMELY clear that the prorogation was all about clearing the way for Boris to do what the electorate voted for  … but he decided to take the 'low' road and do it in a less than honest way, and has been caught.

2 minutes ago, timps said:

If he stands by his original stance that the prorogation was for convenience and the Queen’s speech and nothing to do with Brexit then the supreme courts decision doesn’t affect Brexit in anyway.

Exactly.
Prorogation affected Brexit how , anyway ? Te snipped 4 days off the start, and about 10 days off the end, which now wont happen.
What exactly was he going to do with it ?

I think hes played a blinder.
By showing the remain side for what it is.

1 minute ago, Remimax said:

did he use that filthy word , that left our shores a long long time ago.

He did , archaic word from colonial times.

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Follow logic then, meet me in the middle and conclude they are roughly split down the middle which is good as they are of odd number. It's called compromise 😛 

Why is that logical ? The decision was unanimous !
They should be completely impartial shouldnt they ?

Next few days will expose their leanings, will it not ?

So Parliment rushes to reconvene, the first thing they will probably do is call a vote of no confidence in the government, which they should win, the government collapses, but more importantly a general election will have to be called, it will be in the hands of the people.

One great big circle to arrive back at the point we all started from a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why is that logical ? The decision was unanimous !
They should be completely impartial shouldnt they ?

Next few days will expose their leanings, will it not ?

Exactly, unanimous hence the correct legal outcome. I was referring to their likely personal leanings on Brexit.

How so?

19 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The ruling answers the question on his integrity as PM, he and / or others will decide how his position as PM evolves.

Does it ?

He asked the queen to prorogue , giving reasons that she obviously was agreeable to.
Did he lie ? How does the court know what those reasons were  ?

Will the queen pipe up and say he mislead her ?

8 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

He chose a route which removed the obstacle, but was high risk … we needed something to break the deadlock so I can understand why ..

He should have prorogued till after Halloween then surely ?
He emptied the rats out the kitchen, and motivated his forces, he now has 'right' on his side.

Or does anyone here think the remainers have made themselves look good ?

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

So Parliment rushes to reconvene, the first thing they will probably do is call a vote of no confidence in the government, which they should win, the government collapses, but more importantly a general election will have to be called, it will be in the hands of the people.

One great big circle to arrive back at the point we all started from a few weeks ago.

I do not think they will call a Confidence Vote in any haste!

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

But this time , an election is forced that the opposition didnt want....

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do not think they will call a Confidence Vote in any haste!

They have to, or they look stoopid !