BREXIT

JohnfromUK

7 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Because it wasn't a matter for the courts no doubt!

But GM and her backers are now making the rules up as they go along ably assisted in this instance by Blair's SC.

Or because nobody cared enough.

I understand how the instantiation of a legal instrument by a former PM who is a strong advocate of remaining in the EU is like rubbing salt into the wound for Brexiteers but no amount of bemoaning it will make it go away; it's a bit like Remainers bemoaning the fact that the referendum went ahead in the first place...

Also, I really do think suggesting that the SC are backers of GM, based on her remain agenda, is a bit of a stretch - to say the least.

Edited by Raja Clavata

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The precedent was set when Boris prorogued Parliament under false pretence - even William Hague cited that this was the opening of pandoras box.

Various people have been under pains to explain, that this was not the case, and is not what the supreme court has judged.
And thats the remainers on here.

And where on earth has Hague turned up from ?
Didnt realise he was still an MP, thought hed retired to tour the public toilets of this and other countries.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Various people have been under pains to explain, that this was not the case, and is not what the supreme court has judged.
And thats the remainers on here.

And where on earth has Hague turned up from ?
Didnt realise he was still an MP, thought hed retired to tour the public toilets of this and other countries.

I agree it' not what the SC ruled on.

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Also, I really do think suggesting that the SC are backers of GM, based on her remain agenda, is a bit of a stretch - to say the least.

Whys that then ?

Gina said she didnt care about the Brexit result, just wanted to make sure correct legal process was adhered to...
Then she took a few million off soros to set up an anti leave group :yes:

Her husband copped 100 million in investments off soros, and when it became public knowledge , Gina scuttled off into the shadows for a bit till the heat died off.
Meanwhile her Best for Britain group blew soro's money on partying, and are crying out for more donation money to continue ...partying  :lol:

But no , Millers straight as a die isnt she ?

What I find difficult to believe is that when it comes to leave supporting 'names' its open season when it comes to questioning their morals and financial dealings.
But when it comes to remainer politicians, celebrities, and yes , judges , they are according to you , beyond reproach ?

Funny that.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Whys that then ?

Gina said she didnt care about the Brexit result, just wanted to make sure correct legal process was adhered to...

Her husband copped 100 million in investments off soros, and when it became public knowledge , Gina scuttled off into the shadows for a bit till the heat died off.
Meanwhile her Best for Britain group blew soro's money on partying, and are crying out for more donation money to continue ...partying  :lol:

What I find difficult to believe is that when it comes to leave supporting 'names' its open season when it comes to questioning their morals and financial dealings.
But when it comes to remainer politicians, celebrities, and yes , judges , they are according to you , beyond reproach ?

Funny that.

I'm not sticking up for GM. I'm suggesting it's a stretch to claim the SC justices were bought off or somehow corrupt.

Brexit is a very important and polarising subject, as you well know. Dirty tricks abound from all directions. Wasn't it you who coined the phrase "you don't bring a knife to a gun fight".

Personally, I really do believe in the phrase that all is fair in love and war...

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Brexit is a very important and polarising subject, as you well know. Dirty tricks abound from all directions. Wasn't it you who coined the phrase "you don't bring a knife to a gun fight".

Quite possibly.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Personally, I really do believe in the phrase that all is fair in love and war...

Im not saying it isnt, so dont cry when Boris the Bold pulls something radical, and soon to be illegal out of the bag come Halloween.

The time for Corbyn to push for no confidence and an election before 31/9 has gone, this leaves him waiting for the inevitable time when he is forced into a GE .
A GE where the opposition loses the majority, and we see Brexit party MPs in the house.

The best bit ?
The opposers of Brexit are responsible for every part of it, their wriggling and attempts at subversion have only strengthened the 'cause'

Every attempt , including the supreme court ruling , has disgusted and angered more and more voters, and sent them to the leave side.

Ive said it before , there will come a time when labour will rue the day they rejected Mays deal.

30 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Whys that then ?

Funny that.

hello, looks like she needs the BBC fee for tonights Question time

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ive said it before , there will come a time when labour will rue the day they rejected Mays deal.

If it hadn't been for the ERG May's deal would have passed and Britain would be out of the EU already. Don't blame Labour. It's their job to oppose the government.

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

If it hadn't been for the ERG May's deal would have passed and Britain would be out of the EU already. Don't blame Labour. It's their job to oppose the government.

How many ERG members are there ?

And how many votes did it lose by ?

Labours job is NOT to oppose for the sake of opposing, it is a control, which works on numbers, now the opposition has a majority , the government cannot properly govern.
Yet they wont vote for a GE , because then the opposition will LOSE that majority .
And they keep bleating about democracy, they are ******* all over it.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Are they republicans? 

A racist , xenophobic, uneducated BP member :whistling:

An ex labour party member at uni.

An ex tory party member at uni.

A trainee BP member at 6 form.

All shoot , all work, and are reasonably sane.

So yes , all Republicans :lol:

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

A racist , xenophobic, uneducated BP member :whistling:

An ex labour party member at uni.

An ex tory party member at uni.

A trainee BP member at 6 form.

All shoot , all work, and are reasonably sane.

So yes , all Republicans :lol:

? I see you mean your family. No I was talking about the Party are they Republicans? 

Edited by oowee

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im not saying it isnt, so dont cry when Boris the Bold pulls something radical, and soon to be illegal out of the bag come Halloween.

The time for Corbyn to push for no confidence and an election before 31/9 has gone, this leaves him waiting for the inevitable time when he is forced into a GE .
A GE where the opposition loses the majority, and we see Brexit party MPs in the house.

The best bit ?
The opposers of Brexit are responsible for every part of it, their wriggling and attempts at subversion have only strengthened the 'cause'

Every attempt , including the supreme court ruling , has disgusted and angered more and more voters, and sent them to the leave side.

Indeed the stakes are high. I do wonder actually if Boris can hold out as far out as the 31st October and if he does what other damage he oversees in the meantime. If he does pull anything radical then he's finished, I admire your faith in him putting "the will of the people" before his own personal interests.

No problem for me with Brexit Party members in Parliament.

I totally reject the notion that this is all the fault of opposers of Brexit - there is duality in strengthening of the cause on the remain side based on the complete lack of willingness to compromise by the hardline Brexiteers. Works both ways.

Where is the evidence that more and more voters have moved to the leave side?

It's time for a GE or a second referendum once the no deal event horizon has been moved - all parties should align on their position around Brexit and then those who win the majority / coalition can ride out the storm that ensues either way (in or out).

We just need this all done one way or the other. I will be happy to accept a no deal outcome if it is PROVEN to be the current will of the people. 

If leave is so far ahead as you claim then you have absolutely nothing to fear.

48 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Fell off my chair laughing, Mays deal ties us to the EU forever with no say in anyones wildest dreams you couldn't claim that it took us out.  Labour will oppose anything and everything except now they have forgotten why. It used to be to force an election but they are now too chicken for that even.  What exactly is it that Labour wants, does anybody know?

2 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Fell off my chair laughing, Mays deal ties us to the EU forever with no say in anyones wildest dreams you couldn't claim that it took us out.  Labour will oppose anything and everything except now they have forgotten why. It used to be to force an election but they are now too chicken for that even.  What exactly is it that Labour wants, does anybody know?

Labours position on Brexit is as clear as the Kippers position on a deal. Does anyone know what Boris wants? 

Edited by oowee

1 minute ago, JRDS said:

You might well be the only person who doesn't know what Labour want, to be fair to them they have spelt it out clearly...

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

Labours position on Brexit is as clear as the Kippers position on a deal. Does anyone know what Boris wants? 

I am hoping to run the clock down and rely on the EU refusing an extension.

I believe he wants to polish Mays **** and bring that out again.

Either way he has to keep his powder dry surrounded by traitors.

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You might well be the only person who doesn't know what Labour want, to be fair to them they have spelt it out clearly...

I watched the absolute shambles of a vote on whether they should be a Remain party.  Spelt it out clearly, you are clearly insane.

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

A position that reflects the view of their voters. 

I saw them voting to extend unlimited immigration to countries outside the EU, does that reflect the views of any of their voters outside of Londonistan.  I had to turn that off before the end.  Oh you must mean the free everything they are wheeling out again.

Tell you what lets have an election and see how they go eh?

Edited by JRDS

43 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Gotta love all these BP advocates splitting the leave vote

Thats what you think !

There are seats where the cons cant win traditionally but the BP can...
Those seats will not be contested by the tories, in return for the BP not contesting tory strongholds.

You do not tell your opponents your strategy, to all intents and purposes the BP and tories are not allied..or are they ?