BREXIT

JohnfromUK

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your right we all want to move on but no deal is moving backwards rather than forwards, we will have to get a trading deal with our largest closest trading partner at some point.  Why on earth peop's think it will be easier to get a deal from the outside god only knows. 

I’m not sure how easy it will be, but as one businessman on the news tonight said with a smile....’I want to sell,  you want to buy what I have to sell; we’ll find a way.’ He didn’t seem concerned at all. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Grant i don't even think it's really about trade. As I mentioned above, you basically have three rule makers in the modern world - China, USA, EU. And everyone else just does what they have to do to. 

And we shouldn't forget about values. In China if you criticize the government they'll completely ban you from flying and if you protest that, they'll put you in a re-education centre. In America, if you're a woman with an obvious mental problem you can be sentenced to life in prison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-xEdbEubjs

For better or worse, people in Europe, and particularly western Europe,  share the same values. We're Europeans. We're not Americans; we're not Chinese. Never mind votes. we can't get around geography and history.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure how easy it will be, but as one businessman on the news tonight said with a smile....’I want to sell,  you want to buy what I have to sell; we’ll find a way.’ He didn’t seem concerned at all. 

He maybe has a lot to learn about international trade deals? There will be more pages in the agreement  associated with standards, over sight and dispute resolution than the trade itself. How long has the trade deals with the US taken? 

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

To be honest Grant i don't even think it's really about trade. As I mentioned above, you basically have three rule makers in the modern world - China, USA, EU. And everyone else just does what they have to do to. 

And we shouldn't forget about values. In China if you criticize the government they'll completely ban you from flying and if you protest that, they'll put you in a re-education centre. In America, if you're a woman with an obvious mental problem you can be sentenced to life in prison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-xEdbEubjs

For better or worse, people in Europe, and particularly western Europe,  share the same values. We're Europeans. We're not Americans; we're not Chinese. Never mind votes. we can't get around geography and history.

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The accusation of patronising is the standard retort of populist ideologists when then run out of come backs and hence a frequently used term.

i believe it’s actually been scientifically proven 🤣

I think you’ve mistaken me for someone who cares; it’s a good read. 🙂

On  a totally off topic note, I just took the lid off 50 litres of home made wine. And by the look and taste of it, it's all good. Business and pleasure... :) 

The business is tomorrow and beyond. The pleasure is right now. Out of all the alcohol in the world it's hard to beat  the snap of a good home made brew. 

Edited by Retsdon

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

On  a totally off topic note, I just took the lid off 50 litres of home made wine. And by the look and taste of it, it's all good. Business and pleasure... :)

I have a full blown apple smasher and cider press and make the best apple juice which I then turn into the best cider vinegar in Somerset. It just will not turn into cider no matter how I try. 

Just now, Scully said:

He’s been doing it for years, so maybe he hasn’t? 

👍

44 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

😂

JRDS, not laughing at you at all But it was a sharp comment!

Not at all I don't give one, your comments I respect the comments off an ex over paid civil servant and RC not so. 

Edited by JRDS

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Strangely the reverse has been proven true here in Scotland with minimum pricing for alcohol and a drop in alcohol sales.

49 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Whoops too late.

Still no comment on the you tube clips and the actions of those commenting there after, I wonder why?  Don't worry as Geoffrey said the Turkeys cant delay Xmas forever and a GE will see public opinion reinstated which ain't what the the likes of you and the ex civil servant want.     

6 minutes ago, henry d said:

Strangely the reverse has been proven true here in Scotland with minimum pricing for alcohol and a drop in alcohol sales.

Moved onto spice.

Edited by JRDS

I heard on the radio at teatime an information announcement (presumably from HMG), saying something along the lines of 'The Uk is leaving the EU on 31st October,,,,businesses need to make sure that they are ready for this...blah, blah...'.  Has anyone else heard this?  Surely if HMG are saying this, then they must be quite certain that it's happening!   

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Strangely enough I was just thinking this morning how in so many ways Scotland is showing England the way forward. 

34 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Is this the masterplan?

Labour voting remoaner I follow. Just to keep an eye on the enemy you understand.

For the last few days he's been very smug. In this video he's suddenly very worried. Order of council anyone?

Now that is worrying. 

5 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

I heard on the radio at teatime an information announcement (presumably from HMG), saying something along the lines of 'The Uk is leaving the EU on 31st October,,,,businesses need to make sure that they are ready for this...blah, blah...'.  Has anyone else heard this?  Surely if HMG are saying this, then they must be quite certain that it's happening!   

Posters all over the motorways to the same effect. 

11 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Yes, I drive for a living, have seen loads of warnings about possible changes to customs and checking your paperwork is correct. I've seen them on motorways and in cities.

57 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have a full blown apple smasher and cider press and make the best apple juice which I then turn into the best cider vinegar in Somerset. It just will not turn into cider no matter how I try. 

👍

If the juice has has an acid finish then that will always be challenging. If the juice is ok then you must be getting an infection or if you’re relying on wild yeast then your local strain is duff.