BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is being reported that the SNP (Sturgeon who isn't even a Westminster MP) may have done a deal with Corbyn to make him PM after a vote of no confidence and guarantee no leave - in return for another referendum on Scottish Independence https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7511783/Nicola-Sturgeon-hints-Jeremy-Corbyn-unity-PM.html

5 hours ago, oowee said:

So you can see the countries at the core of the EU benefit to the tune of 3600 euro's per capita and those on the periphery 160 euro's per capita with an average of 840 euro's per capita. On the whole the study found higher welfare, higher productivity and lower mark up  and countries outside are slightly worse off because of the single market. 

What subsidy would that be? Does she can her tomatoes the area of industry that may have some EU 

subsidy? 

Either way she should keep at it. Post Brexit Tomato prices will be subject to a 14% tariff. 

I buy local tomatoes, they are more expensive than the watery, tasteless European **** that  are imported here. Well, when the14% tariff will be charged, Ii'i paying less
for my home grown tomatoes than the **** I described above.

5 minutes ago, das said:

I buy local tomatoes, they are more expensive than the watery, tasteless European **** that  are imported here. Well, when the14% tariff will be charged, Ii'i paying less
for my home grown tomatoes than the **** I described above.

How do you work that one out? 

If they are locally produced then surely the export tariffs won’t apply? Seriously doubt the local grower is going to then cut the prices, when he can raise them to just under the 14% more expensive imported ones. 

So, you pay more either way .......

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

How do you work that one out? 

If they are locally produced then surely the export tariffs won’t apply? Seriously doubt the local grower is going to then cut the prices, when he can raise them to just under the 14% more expensive imported ones. 

So, you pay more either way .......

Tariff not much concern to me for I buy as little as possible from Europe. I would like a Maserati though.:good:

12 hours ago, Retsdon said:

It's already a given that scientific research will take a massive knock from a no deal Brexit -actually, from any Brexit.  https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/perspective/science-and-brexit.aspx

Look what happened to the Swiss. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/06/switzerland-scientific-exile-no-deal-brexit-britain-eu-immigration

How the **** does science come into it... I keep forgetting there are only 28 countries in the world. 

55 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not doing it correctly then!

Blame the Mrs, that bit of the garden is hers 👍🏻

55 minutes ago, das said:

Tariff not much concern to me for I buy as little as possible from Europe. I would like a Maserati though.:good:

Not once you’ve driven and owned one you won’t.

Here's an interesting poll from Germany which reinforces my contention that a hard Brexit is coming in October. 

Q1. If there is a no deal Brexit, who will be most at fault?

GB 81%, EU 10%, Don't Know 9%

Q2. Should the EU make further concessions to avoid a no deal Brexit?

Yes 15%, No 77%, Don't Know 8%

85tbzfj.jpg

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Blame the Mrs, that bit of the garden is hers 👍🏻

Not once you’ve driven and owned one you won’t.

typicle woman suck you dry and leaves like a husk blowing in the wind...and puts nuthin back in..........and when you have nothing further to offer ...you are disgarded.......

Edited by ditchman

56 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Here's an interesting poll from Germany which reinforces my contention that a hard Brexit is coming in October. 

Q1. If there is a no deal Brexit, who will be most at fault?

GB 81%, EU 10%, Don't Know 9%

Q2. Should the EU make further concessions to avoid a no deal Brexit?

Yes 15%, No 77%, Don't Know 8%

85tbzfj.jpg

Excellent news

With all the carp that is flying around to stop the PM from conducting the will of the majority of the populace.

The latest call for parachuting in an emergency PM and caretaker Government, would surely be the kiss of death for whoever agreed to take that role on?

Whichever way he or she decided to continue and depending very much on the EU Leaders agreeing to a deal, ultimately they will only satisfy 50% of the country at best.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
SYNTAX!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

With all the carp that is flying around to stop the PM from conducting the will of the majority of the populace.

The latest call for parachuting in an emergency PM and caretaker Government, would surely be the kiss of death for whoever agreed to take that role on?

Whichever way he or she decided to continue and depending very much on the EU Leaders agreeing to a deal, ultimately they will only satisfy 50% of the country at best.

Both of which are pretty much identical to the scenario where Boris takes us out with no deal on 31st October. Except it would probably satisfy less than 50% of the country.

The EU are more likely to grant us an extension with a caretaker PM and government in place than BoJo and Co.

Once we secure the extension we can have a GE and once we realise that solves nothing we can have a final referendum which is what a significant number of us have been suggesting for months.

28 minutes ago, B725 said:

And if the referendum results are the same then what. 

Then they will want another, and another . Etc . You can not put of what  people of this country asked for , all this in house fighting will get even worse over the next few weeks , muck raked up from everywere , causing even great devides in this country .