BREXIT

JohnfromUK

Just now, oowee said:

:lol:  We want to do so much more than trade with our neighbours. Our neighbours are intrinsic to the future of the UK. Many might not like it, want to hear it or indeed know it but given time they will. Over the last 3 years we have started to get a better understanding of the symbiotic relationship we have with the EU. There is so much more to learn. 

Better a relationship of equals with our EU neighbours than a sadomasochistic relationship carved out with big Uncle Sam. 

If by ‘we’ you mean the UK public, then you’re obviously wrong, and again it’s just your opinion, which is also wrong, because ‘we’ don’t want to do so much more than trade with our neighbours; the majority vote to leave makes that obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Perhaps there is proof of your assertion, but it will never surface. We are not in a relationship of equals - 25 countries are propped up by us. 

And that is one helluva pertinent point. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oowee said:

We want to do so much more than trade with our neighbours

Do we ? Where is the evidence for that.
More importantly , why do we need to pay the EU for the privilege ?

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Our neighbours are intrinsic to the future of the UK.

No argument there, again , we need to pay 10 billion a year for it ?

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Many might not like it, want to hear it or indeed know it but given time they will.

Many , like 52 % ? The rest of the statement sounds like something from a dystopian film 'given enough time, they will do as they are told '

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Over the last 3 years we have started to get a better understanding of the symbiotic relationship we have with the EU. There is so much more to learn. 

Your opinion again , its not really EVERYONES opinion Grant ...we ve learned alright, weve learned A LOT,,

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Better a relationship of equals with our EU neighbours than a sadomasochistic relationship carved out with big Uncle Sam. 

NOW youre being really silly.
Our Eu  'NEIGHBOURS' have spent some considerable time and resources , trying to bring us under their jack boot , with fire and sword.
We in turn , WITH Uncle Sam have prevailed, and saved them from themselves , AND  continue to do so .

So tell me again about relationships ....?

3 hours ago, Scully said:

No problem, as long as you believe her interests are best served by only being able to speak Welsh. 😉

I've often bemoaned the fact that I feel isolated and that I'm missing out because I can't converse with anyone in latin. 🙂

Ah now then Scully I deliberately said native language.....not only language.....she can hold a conversation in French as well :good:

12 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Funny that, I know a few that have switched both ways and some more who are currently undecided. I even know someone close to me who voted leave, then wanted remain and is now back in the leave camp. My take on this is that a percentage of people change their mind.

I really would welcome a second vote to give more people the opportunity to vote leave and allow us to crack on with the next round of negotiations with the EU.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have switched sides in either direction. My comment is purely based on my own experience, no claim that it's a worthwhile snapshot of today's electorate.

As for another referendum. No thanks. We had one and were told the result would stand.

Let's leave and then carry on negotiations for a trade deal. Ideal time really with Germany on the edge of recession and the prospect of losing billions if we don't make a deal regarding tariffs on cars.

I can't image todays youth being mug enough to join the EU as its known to be now - especially in the future with them being possibly conscripted into an EU controlled military.

Us baby boomers - who weren't oldies then - were blatantly lied to about the Common Market - if we'd been told even half what we know now we'd never have agreed.

Edited by Dave-G

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Do we ? Where is the evidence for that.

40 years of integration. 

More importantly , why do we need to pay the EU for the privilege ?

Benefits are usually paid for.

No argument there, again , we need to pay 10 billion a year for it ?

Many , like 52 % ? The rest of the statement sounds like something from a dystopian film 'given enough time, they will do as they are told '

? You lost me in your darkness.

Your opinion again , its not really EVERYONES opinion Grant ...we ve learned alright, weve learned A LOT,,

I take it we agree

NOW youre being really silly.
Our Eu  'NEIGHBOURS' have spent some considerable time and resources , trying to bring us under their jack boot , with fire and sword.
We in turn , WITH Uncle Sam have prevailed, and saved them from themselves , AND  continue to do so .

I don't recognise this fantasy

So tell me again about relationships ....?

I would hope at your age you knew the basics? 

40 Years of integration? You're having a giraffe!

Well that has worked well hasn't it, over the years various changes have been requested and not got any where.

Cameron went cap in hand to ask for some changes, got nothing and started this whole debacle.

Perhaps we were never meant to integrate!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
SYNTAX!

11 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

we didnt even accept the euro. 

there were skeptics then. 

the uk has always been slightly to one side.

The EU and more importantly the users of the Euro have yet to get their heads around how to operate the currency. EU loans in Euro's to be repaid do not help the EU to quickly to secure economic growth or for the lenders to recover their investment. A radical rethink of the way the currency operates and is managed needs to be made. 

1 hour ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

The £ in you pocket will be no more, like Ken Dodds dads dog, DEAD. I still have a few €s so thats ok

Weren’t we told that when we were given the referendum? That the pound would free fall if we voted to leave; not if we left, but just voted to leave. 🙂

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

We’ve all been here before. Same old same old. 

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Weren’t we told that when we were given the referendum? That the pound would free fall if we voted to leave; not if we left, but just voted to leave. 🙂

We were yes. I guess a 12% fall against the Euro is not quite free fall when it may have been a little over valued in any case.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m wondering by how much they over egged the likelihood of another recession, or even WWIII? 

I never saw the WW111 quote and if it was said I hope its well off the mark. Recession is well on the way. I blame Trump 🙂 

Edited by oowee