BREXIT

JohnfromUK

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Pensions (State and Govt) can i draw it abroad will it be index linked across the EU? What will be the rules for living abroad?

Driving Licences. What classes will be recognised where, if I move abroad, will i need separate insurance, driving licence, how long can I use my UK licence? Will i need to get an ICC for my boat or will they recognise my UK ticket? 

Vehicle standards how long can I drive my UK motorhome, car, motrbike, hover board, moped?

The red tape is one part of it the other is cost. Whilst I appreciate for some these things are not so regular for many thousands of others this is just normal stuff. 

I'm not sure any of that counts to normal folk, if your going living abroad or travelling then you comply with whatever you need to.

we're talking about living in the UK not moving to the EU, about the UK being in charge of it's own laws, tax etc..

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Do you seriously believe that? When you say "us" whom do you refer to?

Yes indeed, Leavers voted to screw everyone but the un-screwable.

Yes I do, I'm a machinist, can you tell me how us leaving the EU is going to affect me? Or a mechanic, sparkie plumber, or the hundreds of other normal jobs done by people everywhere, all this so called impending doom and gloom is just scare mongering as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more concerned Labour might somehow sneek in at a GE .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm not sure any of that counts to normal folk, if your going living abroad or travelling then you comply with whatever you need to.

we're talking about living in the UK not moving to the EU, about the UK being in charge of it's own laws, tax etc..

Yes I do, I'm a machinist, can you tell me how us leaving the EU is going to affect me? Or a mechanic, sparkie plumber, or the hundreds of other normal jobs done by people everywhere, all this so called impending doom and gloom is just scare mongering as far as I'm concerned.

Millions of Brits drive abroad and take pets. 

Let me outline some scaremongering thoughts 🙂 

Simply put the effects are likely to be far reaching and like a cancer, will eat away at the nation without, with some exceptions, being immediately obvious. They will effect everyone at one level or another. 

The £ will fall short term and then recover for a gradual decline, so inflation will increase. Inflation raises the cost of basic commodities so there is less money moving around the economy, for non essential stuff. Some products will also increase in price as a result of tariff charges. There will be less money for home improvements, fewer new cars and generally less consumption of everything. There will be pressure on wages as a result. With less attractive UK job options less people will want to move to the UK. Less houses will be built. A smaller economy means less tax for government. There will be a shortage of people to work in services Hospitality, care, and health so these costs are likely to rise. 

As companies continue to move offshore to service the EU without tariff there will be less tax for the government so less infrastructure spending. When we sell abroad outside of the EU on trade agreements, we will still have to meet country of origin tests and any EU content in our products is likely to count as third country so many of our exports will be subject to additional tariff. The same content rules will apply for EU goods sold to third countries. Any UK content will count as third country. Engines made in UK for BMW for example may be subject to tariff going into the EU and then count against country of origin content in EU sales. This will then put pressure on the company's to reduce costs by reducing UK content. 

Trade agreements are likely to take many years to agree. They are unlikely to deliver any great increase in productivity or demand and are likely t come with difficult to live with strings. As a small nation the deals we negotiate are likely to be worse than those agreed by the EU. At the same time  product that we sell into the EU will still have to meet EU rules. We will at some point do a deal back with the EU but have far less control over trade than we have now. We will be subject to many of the same rules that we have now. 

I am not worried about labour. They are a shambles. If they got in and that looks less likely by the day they could not do half the stuff they are talking about in three terms let alone one. Any government is likely to go on a spending spree like the present government and labour would be no different. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

A couple of my cabbie mates have the same view but don’t seem to acknowledge that if there is less disposable income in the economy then they will get hit. So the only way I can see validity in what you’re saying is if you don’t believe there is going to be any economic impact.

Regarding  Labour, they are not getting in power any time soon.

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

Simply put the effects are likely to be far reaching and like a cancer, will eat away at the nation without, with some exceptions, being immediately obvious. They will effect everyone at one level or another. 

The £ will fall short term and then recover for a gradual decline, so inflation will increase. Inflation raises the cost of basic commodities so there is less money moving around the economy, for non essential stuff. Some products will also increase in price as a result of tariff charges. There will be less money for home improvements, fewer new cars and generally less consumption of everything. There will be pressure on wages as a result. With less attractive UK job options less people will want to move to the UK. Less houses will be built. A smaller economy means less tax for government. There will be a shortage of people to work in services Hospitality, care, and health so these costs are likely to rise. 

As companies continue to move offshore to service the EU without tariff there will be less tax for the government so less infrastructure spending. When we sell abroad outside of the EU on trade agreements, we will still have to meet country of origin tests and any EU content in our products is likely to count as third country so many of our exports will be subject to additional tariff. The same content rules will apply for EU goods sold to third countries. Any UK content will count as third country. Engines made in UK for BMW for example may be subject to tariff going into the EU and then count against country of origin content in EU sales. This will then put pressure on the company's to reduce costs by reducing UK content. 

Trade agreements are likely to take many years to agree. They are unlikely to deliver any great increase in productivity or demand and are likely t come with difficult to live with strings. As a small nation the deals we negotiate are likely to be worse than those agreed by the EU. At the same time  product that we sell into the EU will still have to meet EU rules. We will at some point do a deal back with the EU but have far less control over trade than we have now. We will be subject to many of the same rules that we have now. 

I am not worried about labour. They are a shambles. If they got in and that looks less likely by the day they could not do half the stuff they are talking about in three terms let alone one. Any government is likely to go on a spending spree like the present government and labour would be no different. 

You’ve left out WWIII! 

6 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I think any deal Boris comes up with will disappoint everyone.....the best way for the UK to thrive after leaving the EU is with a clean “no deal” break! Free ourselves and owe em/give em nowt!

Then try to negotiate a trade deal after that, no chance, get real

34 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

FB_IMG_1570908150246.jpg.7077f11721d4df53d6906ae4578c26d1.jpg

1ltuwg.jpg

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

And that won't change, your pet needs a passport and you'll have to follow the rules for where ever your going.

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't see most of that happening either, there are new houses going up everywhere, fewer new cars? You rarely see old cars these days, people are happy it seems using finance to pay for everything.

Inflation has been so low for so long a small rise could really affect people but that's because people don't budget correctly.

I hope less people want to move here, we're full.

The cost of care is constantly rising, us leaving the EU won't change this, hopefully rather than foreigners taking the jobs, they can go to people already living here, the jobs were done before the influx of cheap workers.

As for the pound dropping? And at least it will still be the pound, lots of government positions haven't had a pay rise in years, nurses prison officers, the pay rises I've had don't really count as such, so I say again I don't feel us leaving the EU is going to effect us in any significant way that we'll notice.

1 minute ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Then try to negotiate a trade deal after that, no chance, get real

Well if they won’t give us an acceptable deal, why should we accept a carp one? Forget the politicians, European businesses will want to trade with us, and the politicians will have to facilitate it! The same as UK businesses will want to trade with the Europeans......Do you really think European businesses will stand by for their politicians to “bite their noses off to spite their faces”?

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

A couple of my cabbie mates have the same view but don’t seem to acknowledge that if there is less disposable income in the economy then they will get hit. So the only way I can see validity in what you’re saying is if you don’t believe there is going to be any economic impact.

I certainly hope your right with regards to Labour.

Your saying people won't have as much disposable income? I regard Sky tv/ cable, nights out, take aways, mobile phones, holidays, new cars etc as people having disposable income, hell people get Mac D delivered these days.

how many people do you know who don't do the above regularly?

I just can't see us leaving the EU affecting the normal working people, so no i don't see an economic impact.

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I certainly hope your right with regards to Labour.

Your saying people won't have as much disposable income? I regard Sky tv/ cable, nights out, take aways, mobile phones, holidays, new cars etc as people having disposable income, hell people get Mac D delivered these days.

how many people do you know who don't do the above regularly?

I just can't see us leaving the EU affecting the normal working people, so no i don't see an economic impact.

Sometimes I wonder who the Labour voters are, thankfully I don’t think I know anyone who would admit an intention to vote for them.

Fair enough on your views on economic impact of Brexit. In the event I too of course hope you are right.

And regarding your question, only a handful to be honest.

Edited by Raja Clavata

24 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Well if they won’t give us an acceptable deal, why should we accept a carp one? Forget the politicians, European businesses will want to trade with us, and the politicians will have to facilitate it! The same as UK businesses will want to trade with the Europeans......Do you really think European businesses will stand by for their politicians to “bite their noses off to spite their faces”?

Some here  wanted to leave, what would happen if you wanted to leave any club you belong to 

16 hours ago, oowee said:

Except the ones they call 'economic migrants', ( I would be banned if I put what I thought)☹️

15 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Some here  wanted to leave, what would happen if you wanted to leave any club you belong to 

If it was a decent, friendly and well run club, you would probably be wished well for the future, thanked for your input over the years and told  'we would welcome you back anytime'

Now could you expect the ****hole club over the Channel to come up with anything like this!!!

16 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Most of the cabbies in UK cities are going to be voting Labour given there's barely an Englishman amongst them - that's plain fact that anyone can see with no racism implied or meant. I was one of the rarely seen last English cabbies in Leicester and several of my customers commented on that fact without being prompted.

Edited by Dave-G

Err , pretty sure you inform them youre leaving, pay any dues and ship on out.
Are you implying you cant actually leave if you so choose to ?

Because Im getting a funny feeling that thats exactly what the EU and many remainers are implying.
So its not really a  'club' is it ?
Thats more like a detention order, or a prison.

would that club change its rules to accommodate a rolling doughnut, i dont believe so

Im not aware we have asked them to give us anything they dont already give other, non member nations.

Ask yourself how valued we are as a member ?
Are we not the  2nd largest financial conributor ?
What if the rules dd need changing to facilitate us staying, rather than lose the finance, and economic stability we are constantly told we are important for, not just for us , but for the rest of Europe ?
Is that too much to ask ? 
Apparently , its so far out the question, the the EU is willing to risk violence in NI , economic strife across Europe, a complete budget meltdown for their own finances next year, log jams at borders...all because they refuse to consider renegotiating the Irish backstop, but hang on, no, its the UK s fault, because they wanted to leave the club.

Id have a think about that.

rewulf is correct the "rules"of this club changed dramatically over the years and not one political party sought our views on the changes other countries that joined were told about.we have been kept in the dark by all political parties and treated like peasants who know nothing. the brexit vote to leave      was the serfs rising up

1 hour ago, das said:

If it was a decent, friendly and well run club, you would probably be wished well for the future, thanked for your input over the years and told  'we would welcome you back anytime'

Now could you expect the ****hole club over the Channel to come up with anything like this!!!

Oh & dont forget the Subs you owe from last year 

4 minutes ago, armsid said:

rewulf is correct the "rules"of this club changed dramatically over the years and not one political party sought our views on the changes other countries that joined were told about.we have been kept in the dark by all political parties and treated like peasants who know nothing. the brexit vote to leave      was the serfs rising up

4 minutes ago, armsid said:

Nigel Dodds will foil your wishes

22 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Nigel Dodds will foil your wishes

Good, because I never liked the idea of leaving NI behind.

I rather suspect its all a red herring anyway, to be seemed as offering a compromise, knowing full well the EU wouldnt buy into it anyway.
But, making us look like we are trying, thats why, when it was  said that the EU saw 'progress' Mr Dodds got ready to put the kibosh on it.

The EU want nothing less than the UK remaining (prisoner like) in the bloc.
Unless we take the May BRINO deal , where they get 4 years worth of budget payments, and a ever ending deal negotiation, that promises to annexe NI at some point or other.
Its a deal designed to fail, always was...
I really dont think youve worked out how bad they dont want us to leave yet.
The question you really have to ask is ,why ?

Be prepared for yet more games in the coming weeks, but its pretty clear that a deal that benefits us in any way , pretty much any deal, is not possible given the EU attitude.
So if I were you Id prepare for a WTO Brexit on Halloween.
So make sure you have 2 years worth of food , water, and weaponry to fight Mad Max style across Western Europe :lol:

I wonder if Germany still wants economic migrants ?