BREXIT

JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

We should be on our way out - but the Government has lost control of what is happening (by having no majority) and in effect a rabble of Parliamentary rebels who don't want 'out' are in effective charge.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/14/brexit-latest-news-queens-speech-boris-johnson-deal-border-barnier/?fbclid=IwAR3gbI5-tdQZuBGP7f_ImCG1zmjpu4Q1yJ9X2LPJwWWsSuRhfjtZmIzaTlY

Just now, oowee said:

Yep being in the EU has paid huge dividends. Shame to waste it. 

You can say without irony or doubt, that being in the EU has made this country what it is in the past 40 years ?

Do you yourself feel more European than British ? 
I travelled Europe before the days of EU , AND after, didnt feel any different to me .

So what have they given us , besides red tape , LOTS of new laws that cost us money, and a big bill every year ?
A free trade deal and a huge number of migrants from the poorer countries ?
The Canadians got a free trade deal, and they dont have to take the migrants, weird that !

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

When, after three years,

3 years with a REMAINER prime minister calling the shots, offering that which she knew full well the 2/3 rd REMAINER parliament wouldnt vote for you mean ?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Again, where is the data / model to suggest that we'd be better off if we'd taken a different course ~40 years ago?

40 years ago the EU was more good than bad for us, it doesnt surprise me in the slightest that we voted to stay in it THEN.

But ask yourself, is it the same animal now ? Why has it took 40 years to get to the point where we are asked if its still working for us ?

You ask for a data model, when you know very well that no one did a projection, because it went without saying that we would never leave, thats scary in itself when you consider it.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What exactly is it you are trying to move us towards (putting aside the argument of whether it's a forwards or backwards step) - I assume you don't want to take us to the same place JRM appears to want to?

Why where does JRM want to go , back to the 19 th century , as the lefty papers keep saying :lol:

Edited by Rewulf

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Wheres the lie ?
Verhofstadt said exactly the same thing last month, just because it furthers the Brexit cause makes it some kind of propaganda ?

Its not Boris or Farage or some other leave inspired group or person saying it, its the flippin EU :lol:

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/14/brexit-latest-news-queens-speech-boris-johnson-deal-border-barnier/?fbclid=IwAR3gbI5-tdQZuBGP7f_ImCG1zmjpu4Q1yJ9X2LPJwWWsSuRhfjtZmIzaTlY

You can say without irony or doubt, that being in the EU has made this country what it is in the past 40 years ?

Do you yourself feel more European than British ? 
I travelled Europe before the days of EU , AND after, didnt feel any different to me .

So what have they given us , besides red tape , LOTS of new laws that cost us money, and a big bill every year ?
A free trade deal and a huge number of migrants from the poorer countries ?
The Canadians got a free trade deal, and they dont have to take the migrants, weird that !

3 years with a REMAINER prime minister calling the shots, offering that which she knew full well the 2/3 rd REMAINER parliament wouldnt vote for you mean ?

Yep.

All three, English British European. 

Travel is travel why would it feel different in or out?

What has it given us :lol:. The list is extensive. 

The Canadians do not get anything like the trade arrangements we have. The UK does not want a Canadian deal its carp. Its based on EU rules not Canada's (get used to it we will when we are out), some agri is left out, the services passporting requires Canadian firms to have an EU presence (get used to that as well ). Indeed it already looks like we will negotiate a worse deal with Canada out of the EU than we have with Canada already.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Wheres the lie ?
Verhofstadt said exactly the same thing last month, just because it furthers the Brexit cause makes it some kind of propaganda ?

Its not Boris or Farage or some other leave inspired group or person saying it, its the flippin EU :lol:

No, it's the Express saying it, not the EU.

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

40 years ago the EU was more good than bad for us, it doesnt surprise me in the slightest that we voted to stay in it THEN.

But ask yourself, is it the same animal now ? Why has it took 40 years to get to the point where we are asked if its still working for us ?

You ask for a data model, when you know very well that no one did a projection, because it went without saying that we would never leave, thats scary in itself when you consider it.

Why where does JRM want to go , back to the 19 th century , as the lefty papers keep saying :lol:

At least you're not suggesting the models are out there and we should go and find them ourselves 😉

Regarding JRM: Maybe not quite that far back, he has clearly dedicated his life to closing the gap between the rich and the poor. A real hero of the people, for the people, just like Boris...

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why where does JRM want to go , back to the 19 th century , as the lefty papers keep saying 

Removing freedom of choice for women. Free and open market trading based on cost. A list of appropriate words to use. Remove regulatory standards 

55 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Re the Telegraph article - I can't read much of it as I'm not a subscriber, but I can't see the EU doing anything to help us leave with no deal

It's a pointless exercise basing your reasons for and against leaving or remaining on personalities.

It's not like any of them have any redeeming features; they're politicians. You either did or didn't vote them into power, but at least you had the choice. 

All it boils down to really is are you willing to be ruled by the unelected and unaccountable entity which is the EU club? I have no doubt the time will come when we are annexed to the EU state/empire, call it what you will, and any moves to leave will be regarded as anarchy. There are countless countries throughout history which have striven, many at the cost of lives, to be independent from their ruling state/empire, and yet here we are, at each others throats because the majority want to leave before it gets to that point, and the minority want to throw away everything a generation fought for, for the sake of trade. You really couldn't make it up. 

Like I've said from the start; I don't mind trading with the EU, I just don't want to be ruled by them. If the EU wont accept one without the other, then we have no choice. 

Edited by Scully

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Surely that is the correct answer ?

It is an answer.  They want us still in - lets face it - we are a major part of the financing of their pet project.  If we gate a delay as per the Benn act, they stand to gain about £1B a month.

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is an answer.  They want us still in - lets face it - we are a major part of the financing of their pet project.  If we gate a delay as per the Benn act, they stand to gain about £1B a month.

I heard the £1 bn a month is an extra charge for delaying, on top of our other contributions ?

So thats  an extra £7 bn all this stupidity has cost us.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

The latest crackpot conspiracy theory from serial Court case loser, Jolyon Maugham QC.
He’s now claiming Remainers are going to herded into internment camps, post Brexit.
Disturbingly, he’s attracting other tin foil hatters to his lunatic claims. If you want a real insight into the madness that Remainers are descending into, visit his Twitter. It gets more insane than this, I can assure you.

You literally couldnt make it up.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I heard the £1 bn a month is an extra charge for delaying, on top of our other contributions ?

Yup, thats what I heard - and the Benn act may cost us another £7 bn.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

He’s now claiming Remainers are going to herded into internment camps, post Brexit.

I hope they haven't missed any off the guest list; Grieve, Souberry, Gawke, Stewart ..........

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

The latest crackpot conspiracy theory from serial Court case loser, Jolyon Maugham QC.
Disturbingly, he’s attracting other tin foil hatters to his lunatic claims. If you want a real insight into the madness that Remainers are descending into, visit his Twitter. It gets more insane than this, I can assure you.

You literally couldnt make it up.

Absolutely pathetic! It would seem there are no depths these people will sink to in order to scaremonger in their desperation to overturn the democratic vote. Truly pathetic. 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Absolutely pathetic! It would seem there are no depths these people will sink to in order to scaremonger in their desperation to overturn the democratic vote. Truly pathetic. 

Like I said earlier , they are prepared to do anything stop Brexit, it defies normal reasoning.

4 minutes ago, JDog said:

Rewulf for PM.

Too many skeletons in my closet  to be fair, but Im glad I could count on at least one vote buddy :good:

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Like I said earlier , they are prepared to do anything stop Brexit, it defies normal reasoning.

Too many skeletons in my closet  to be fair, but Im glad I could count on at least one vote buddy :good:

Make that two votes then but don’t forget my job tho