BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thank you very much, that means a lot...Seriously !

Although a lot of the inspiration comes from others, I do try to condense what has happened, IS happening, and what might happen, into a manageable scenario.
It helps to stand back , look at all the (often conflicting) information , and try and get 'The Big Picture'
Its an interest I never had before the referendum, and its something Ive had to learn very quickly.
Might not always get it right though !

I put the time in , because this IS important.
Its important for everyone , no matter where you stand on it.

Brown envelopes ? As much as I could use them..The right people dont accept them, something our elected need to remember.

But , its not over till its over, but I think we are closer now than ever before...

Hopefully we can get it resolved soon , and I can get back to working a full day , without my slow typing, bad grammar and dust covered keyboard keeping me from it.

Cheers:good:

I wiil second this also with thanks.

4 hours ago, B725 said:

On the TV last night some Labour bloke David Lammy? says its the public that should decide via another vote but they won't put no deal on the vote, why not if they they want the public to decide?

Nobstick

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t believe anyone is convinced WWIII will happen really, do you. People will just get on with getting on, like they always do. I’m not really sure what else anyone expects people to do. Throw themselves off a bridge? 

Not at all, but I’m not the one who stated they were prepared to go as far as ww3 to get Brexit done🤣

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not at all, but I’m not the one who stated they were prepared to go as far as ww3 to get Brexit done🤣

I think I said I was prepared to accept the consequences of a no deal Brexit, which I am, because I don’t believe the consequences will be half as bad as the scaremongering remainers tried to convince us it would be. 
If we don’t leave we’ll never get to find out, unfortunately, but the WWIII suggestion is quite indicative of just how thick our politicians think we really are. 

this has/is one of the best topics/debates i have read with rewulf leading the show well presented thought out and from the heart a true patriot unlike the clowns leading the country                 WELL DONE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   alan

2 minutes ago, armsid said:

this has/is one of the best topics/debates i have read with rewulf leading the show well presented thought out and from the heart a true patriot unlike the clowns leading the country                 WELL DONE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   alan

well said 

15 minutes ago, armsid said:

Seconded 

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Remoaners in a bit of bother. Either Parliament accepts the deal Boris has brokered or we are out. He can be forced by law to ask for an extension, but the EU have ruled out any such extension.

No they havnt, its up to all 27 ,Not Junkers

8 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Rewulf to take over Bercow's seat - which reminds me how come the blob is still speaker in the new parliamentary session?

because he is still " working out his notice", if you care to pay attention 

Well Boris managed to get a deal over the line with the EU when most expected it was a non starter.  Sounds like its on a knife edge for Saturday.

Setting aside all of the intricacies of the deal, It strikes me that the arrangement with NI is overly complex and with such arrangements the rule of unintended consequences is waiting to happen. My son has trading facilities to both the North and the South of the border and is talking about having an immediate trading advantage as a result. :/

Edited by oowee

5 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

Nope no savings just keep working like normal to pay the bills 

best get some overtime booked then

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Well Boris managed to get a deal over the line with the EU when most expected it was a non starter.  Sounds like its on a knife edge for Saturday.

Setting aside all of the intricacies of the deal, It strikes me that the arrangement with NI is overly complex and with such arrangements the rule of unintended consequences is waiting to happen. My son has trading facilities to both the North and the South of the border and is talking about having an immediate trading advantage as a result. 

well the border is now between 2 English areas & not between England /  EU. More unnecessary bureaucracy for English companies  

Fair play to Boris on getting a new deal agreed with the EU, regardless of whether the deal is viewed as good, bad or with indifference, he has achieved something that the EU said they wouldn't entertain previously (and are now saying again). Quite how much of that is down to Boris and how much the EU wanting a deal nearly as much as we do remains to be seen but, to be fair, credit where credit is due.

Still a long way to go though.

Bozo has ditched ( geddit ) May`s RED lines to get the deal, what is now proposed ( Irish sea boarder ) is what the EU suggested in the first place I May rejected as it split the United Kingdom.

What is now proposed are internal custom borders within the UK & that should be unacceptable, there will be a Scottish customs post nxt 

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

1 hour ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Yep. But in the modern age nobody cares about stuff that requires an attention span of more that about 15 seconds to digest.

https://www.cer.eu/insights/brexit-and-rules-origin-why-free-trade-agreements-≠-free-trade 

And in a democracy, that has to be a worry. Take the Daily Mail for example. In past days it used to be a staid middle-brow newspaper with a reliably conservative if jingoistic slant. Yet somewhere along the line it's become a lurid tabloid, far more sensationalist than the original Sun was when it first came out. And as a tabloid, along with the conveyor belt of trivia generated shock or outrage, when it comes to deeper matters it eschews anything that smacks of nuance. The paper has basically become a cheerleader for its readership's prejudices, and of course the more it cheerleads the narrower those prejudices become.

So political discussion isn't even predicated on political positions, but on personality. If Corbyn had negotiated a deal that permanently situated an intra-UK EU customs post in the Irish Sea this thread would be calling him all kinds of things. But when the Blonde One does the same thing, it's hailed as a triumph of diplomacy. There's no difference in the facts, just in the spin.

In a democracy, when such little insight and thought goes into the formation of political perspective it has to be a worry because historically, this kind of emotive manipulation of the vulgus has been a symptom of civilized societies that are in decadent decline, and the outcome has almost inevitably been either populist authoritarianism or else full-blown ochlocracy. 

But that's just how it works I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Bozo has ditched ( geddit ) May`s RED lines to get the deal, what is now proposed ( Irish sea boarder ) is what the EU suggested in the first place I May rejected as it split the United Kingdom.

What is now proposed are internal custom borders within the UK & that should be unacceptable, there will be a Scottish customs post nxt 

The way the Snp are going there will be barbed wire on Hadrian's wall soon anyway, if they get their way.

1 hour ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Not going to happen like house prices going down did'ent happen, sauce Jeff Taylor, you should look at some of his vids!