BREXIT

JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

If someone makes you do something quite contrary to your own judgement and will, it is natural that you should make it clear that it is not your own view.

My kids were the same but grew out of it about when they were five. What an example a complete door handle. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Even Kate Hoey, Labour (I believe that’s her standing in a blue/grey jacket on the RHS opposition benches) is leaving! Lol!

i have, and have always had a lot of respect for Kate Hoey......and have never voted labour...

Keep seeing and hearing about the 'million' rabbits who gathered in the smoke of the State of London, all loving the EU and crying to remain.
Up in the Sticks here, barring the distance, we may have had a number twice or three times that loving to ieave.
The effluent would have indeed hit the fan then I feel.

If you love the EU so much, consider a ferry or the Eurotunnel and join your compatriots there.

49 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Maybe one day soon , we shall get to see who the people of this country think who are the door handles ?

Yeah, funny old game intit? They legislate so we can’t leave without a deal, then once we get a deal they try to move the goal posts.....again. I’m beginning to think they don’t want us to leave at all! 🤔 😃

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Yeah, funny old game intit? They legislate so we can’t leave without a deal, then once we get a deal they try to move the goal posts.....again. I’m beginning to think they don’t want us to leave at all! 🤔 😃

How could you possibly have such a terrible thought, Sir!😉

If their main aim in preventing us leaving is to possibly gain MEP seats for themselves and therefore an EU pension, then have they really thought that the public will so easily forget how they tried (and are still desperately trying) to sell out to the EU (their possible future paymasters!).   I seriously hope that this national scandal changes the face of British politics for many, many years.....and the traitors all lose their seats!   

2 hours ago, das said:

Keep seeing and hearing about the 'million' rabbits who gathered in the smoke of the State of London, all loving the EU and crying to remain.
Up in the Sticks here, barring the distance, we may have had a number twice or three times that loving to ieave.
The effluent would have indeed hit the fan then I feel.

If you love the EU so much, consider a ferry or the Eurotunnel and join your compatriots there.

I sail myself there regularly & have done  so for over 40 years, The Continentals seem to have a better standard of living than us.  

19 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

I sail myself there regularly & have done  so for over 40 years, The Continentals seem to have a better standard of living than us.  

Perhaps that's because we help pay for their easy life and pensions.

I thought the May deal was bad but the more I listen to the divergence agenda in this deal, together with the couldn't care less attitude taken to NI and Great Britain and I so hope our politicians find a way to scupper this garbage. How can we take such a momentous step without an economic impact assessment? 

I listened to Keir Starmar taking about the content ratio's for trade and you could hear the lack of understanding from around the house to the subject. I wonder what goods we will have to trade in these new wonder trade deals we are going to create that will qualify as of  'UK'  origin?  🤣 

1 hour ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

The Continentals seem to have a better standard of living than us

Tell that to the people of Greece, Spain and Portugal. 

Tell it to the people of Poland, Slovakia and Romania, who seem to think it a lot nicer here. 

Tell it to the rioters every weekend in Paris, or the people in Sweden who are advised not to go out at night, or visit the No go areas, or the Catalans... 

You really can't justify your comment. 

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Tell it to the people of Poland, Slovakia and Romania, who seem to think it a lot nicer here. 

Tell it to the rioters every weekend in Paris, or the people in Sweden who are advised not to go out at night, or visit the No go areas, or the Catalans... 

Working/ experiencing, 7 out of the 9 Countries/ Place’s, I feel you do indeed need to visit or spend some time there, before making such a statement based on media reports.

Shottingham or Knife Central aren’t exactly El Paradiso - so it’s also difficult to “justify your comment”

Edited by Jaymo

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

^^^^^ Not a Europe I see. :lol:

Look at London. Full of climate change protesters, terrorist attacks, muggings the list goes on. Its a fantastic city that Russian Oligarch's que up to put money in. The same in Paris. These places are amazing don't believe the tabloids. 

51 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Working/ experiencing, 7 out of the 9 Countries/ Place’s, I feel you do indeed need to visit or spend some time there, before making such a statement based on media reports

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ Not a Europe I see. 

What do you see?

Airport departure lounges, hotels paid for on expense accounts, nice restaurants in capital cities, and nice people with nice cars and clothes.

Are you really going to base your whole aspect of Europe on the sanitised version you see?

So there isn't poverty and huge unemployment in Greece ,Spain and Portugal? 

There is no rioting in Paris EVERY Saturday? 

And there are no , no go areas in Sweden ?

He said they have a better standard of living 'on the continent ' so how come we pay the second highest EU contribution? 

Surely all these people living it up over there could help support poor old Blighty, seeing as we have it so rough here.?

3 hours ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ Not a Europe I see. 

Look at London. Full of climate change protesters, terrorist attacks, muggings the list goes on. Its a fantastic city that Russian Oligarch's que up to put money in. The same in Paris. These places are amazing don't believe the tabloids. 

Largely due to reckless immigration controls down the years🥴  Some people may construe that as racist, but I prefer to call it a fact!

8 hours ago, oowee said:

I thought the May deal was bad but the more I listen to the divergence agenda in this deal, together with the couldn't care less attitude taken to NI and Great Britain and I so hope our politicians find a way to scupper this garbage. How can we take such a momentous step without an economic impact assessment? 

I listened to Keir Starmar taking about the content ratio's for trade and you could hear the lack of understanding from around the house to the subject. I wonder what goods we will have to trade in these new wonder trade deals we are going to create that will qualify as of  'UK'  origin?  🤣 

Weren’t we told the result of the ‘economic impact assessment’ back in 2016, prior to the referendum? Weren’t we told there would be pestilence and plague, Armageddon and the apocalypse? Housing market collapse ( 538 ‘new homes’ in Manchester city centre I saw advertised on a billboard on Saturday ) recession and mass unemployment, and all this if we voted to leave, nevermind if we actually left! 😂

Edited by Scully
Forgot about WWIII! 😀

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

What do you see?

Airport departure lounges, hotels paid for on expense accounts, nice restaurants in capital cities, and nice people with nice cars and clothes.

Are you really going to base your whole aspect of Europe on the sanitised version you see?

So there isn't poverty and huge unemployment in Greece ,Spain and Portugal? 

There is no rioting in Paris EVERY Saturday? 

And there are no , no go areas in Sweden ?

He said they have a better standard of living 'on the continent ' so how come we pay the second highest EU contribution? 

Surely all these people living it up over there could help support poor old Blighty, seeing as we have it so rough here.?

Sanitised?

Nice hotels and only departure lounges- best you come spend a week with me ( promise not to take you to any naughty places)

One thing I have always done in the the last 30 years of this job is hey off the beaten track so as to speak, witness part that ‘Tourist’ don’t.

Believe me, been to some really obscure areas and no it’s not all a bed of roses.

But a few no go areas in Sweden ( I presume your referring to Gothenburg and Malmo predominantly) does not the whole Country make. Like most major Cities, including those in the UK, there are parts that you don’t particularly wish to frequent- but even then,  that’s no guarantee of being on/seeing anything, untoward.

Rioting in Paris, yes we see media portrayals of ‘Weekly’ rioting, when in fact it’s very sporadic and usually occurs in the same old arrondissement’s ( areas) - having friends there I’m very happy to assert this fact.

You mention the ‘Pigs’ , where high unemployment has lead to troubles- but once again, have you witnessed it- poverty exists in every Country!
Wasn’t it recently that it was said, that x amount of the UK’s school children come to school without having had a meal at home due to poverty, that Universal Credit has forced many to associate with this “Term” ?

Its been said many many times before, facts need to be be facts and the only way a fact can be given, is if it can be confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Its been said many many times before, facts need to be be facts and the only way a fact can be given, is if it can be confirmed

I like you, don't visit a country to just see the tourist traps. 

But the Captain stated that 'they had a better standard of living than the UK' was that a fact? 

Of course there are rough areas in most countries, including my own, but oowee 'does not recognise this Europe' as I said, he doesn't see it. 

If you see it, but still support capn Jones comment as being factual, then I could ask you why, given the choice, you choose the UK to live, but I already know the answer. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I like you, don't visit a country to just see the tourist traps. 

But the Captain stated that 'they had a better standard of living than the UK' was that a fact? 

Of course there are rough areas in most countries, including my own, but oowee 'does not recognise this Europe' as I said, he doesn't see it. 

If you see it, but still support capn Jones comment as being factual, then I could ask you why, given the choice, you choose the UK to live, but I already know the answer. 

I can’t say that the standard of living is better, it’s swings n roundabouts and very Country/ region divisive- just like the UK

Of course you know why I live here- The Company have bases me here, not because I like paying the higher rates of Income Tax that I do here than where I was 🙂
Also here for personal reasons to be closer to my assist with my father’s Alzheimer’s 

Edited by Jaymo