BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Scully said:

Fair enough;  religion is simply an imagined belief, as is democracy. Both are intangible.

Don`t believe everything Yuval tells you, they are both very real otherwise I do not have a day off tomorrow as days of the week are imagined, as is working for a living, yet they too exist.

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Don`t believe everything Yuval tells you, they are both very real otherwise I do not have a day off tomorrow as days of the week are imagined, as is working for a living, yet they too exist.

Well thats all very nice, but this is the Brexit thread.
Any more attempts to divert to your (against PW rules ) theological views and I will have to report you :whistling:

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Well thats all very nice, but this is the Brexit thread.
Any more attempts to divert to your (against PW rules ) theological views and I will have to report you :whistling:

Still highly relevant to the thread and the manipulation of the masses.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

Which reminds me - "the forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the tress that since his handle was made of wood, he was one of them" - Anon.

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Speak for yourself.

And no , religion is not relevant to the Brexit thread.

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Which reminds me - "the forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the tress that since his handle was made of wood, he was one of them" - Anon.

Axes , just like trees , do not speak in the real world, besides the fact that no axe ever chopped a tree down without someone wielding it.
Just exactly how does your analogy fit into Brexit ? Must be some wild connection :lol: Or did you just randomly like the sound of it ?

Edited by Rewulf

38 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Speak for yourself.

And no , religion is not relevant to the Brexit thread.

Axes , just like trees , do not speak in the real world, besides the fact that no axe ever chopped a tree down without someone wielding it.
Just exactly how does your analogy fit into Brexit ? Must be some wild connection :lol: Or did you just randomly like the sound of it ?

I bet you're a right bundle of laughs at L of I 😛 

Point out a theological view in my previous post and I will willingly walk away from PW forever. Please enlighten the PW massive as to theological narrative I subscribe, systematic, open, liberal, conservative, evangelical, Calvinism, a couple of the above, all the above? 

BTW theology and religion are different things so go have a read and a think before writing about things you haven't a Scooby about.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I bet you're a right bundle of laughs at L of I 😛 

I dont go :lol:

10 minutes ago, henry d said:

Point out a theological view in my previous post and I will willingly walk away from PW forever. Please enlighten the PW massive as to theological narrative I subscribe, systematic, open, liberal, conservative, evangelical, Calvinism, a couple of the above, all the above? 

BTW theology and religion are different things so go have a read and a think before writing about things you haven't a Scooby about.

Henry seriously ?
You used Scullys quote as  a means to bring religion into the Brexit debate, probably with the hope it would get the thread shut down.

Now you are asking ME  to explain where YOU brought your personal beliefs into it,  so you can further muddy the waters, and divert away from the subject matter.

No, do what you normally do and ignore me, I will not return the favour. :yes:

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Don’t worry Henry, I don’t, ( it’s an interesting read isn’t it ?) it’s just logic. 
The fact is they’re not real at all; both take imagination of humans to create the belief; take away the belief and they cease to exist. It’s all in the mind. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

A peoples  'VOTE'   .. to STOP Brexit ? 
Is that a slip of the tongue , giving away the real reason they want a second vote ? :whistling:

Move along now , no democracy to see here , move along, return to your homes....

They don’t even have the good grace to even try and pretend it was all about a deal nowadays. 😀

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Don’t worry Henry, I don’t, ( it’s an interesting read isn’t it ?) it’s just logic. 
The fact is they’re not real at all; both take imagination of humans to create the belief; take away the belief and they cease to exist. It’s all in the mind. 

No its flawed and skewed and full of assumptions. There has never been a book I have ever wanted to throw in a pool more than that, from Ch1 he made assumptions that he then built on and then added more assumptions. If I had done that in essays never mind in a dissertation I would have been hung out to dry, yet (some) people fawn over him and his books.

Anyway that was a digression and I must move on otherwise the topic police will come and get me!

So digression over; how did BoJo and JC get on? (Not Jesus...before you start!)

9 minutes ago, henry d said:

No its flawed and skewed and full of assumptions. There has never been a book I have ever wanted to throw in a pool more than that, from Ch1 he made assumptions that he then built on and then added more assumptions. If I had done that in essays never mind in a dissertation I would have been hung out to dry, yet (some) people fawn over him and his books.

Anyway that was a digression and I must move on otherwise the topic police will come and get me!

So digression over; how did BoJo and JC get on? (Not Jesus...before you start!)

Flawed, skewed and full of assumptions  eh? How ironic.

Like I said, all it takes is logical and rational thought, not the suspension of it. 
I have no idea how BJ or JC are getting on. It’s all fun and games for them though, and will have absolutely no effect on their lives whatsoever, so I doubt they’re taking anything too seriously. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Flawed, skewed and full of assumptions  eh? How ironic.

Jeez..whoops  ! :lol: Good job you pointed it out !

31 minutes ago, henry d said:

More irony , Madre de dios ! :lol:

Brexit rolling along nicely , wonder if Nige gets a peerage ?

Thats SIR Farage to you Corbyn :lol:

Read today that Froggy Barnier was saying that the transition period would be 3 years, probably longer
Tusk will be ordering the EU 27 at each of their individual meetings with him to not veto the proposed extension.
Likely to be 'Veto at your peril'.

13 minutes ago, das said:

Read today that Froggy Barnier was saying that the transition period would be 3 years, probably longer
Tusk will be ordering the EU 27 at each of their individual meetings with him to not veto the proposed extension.
Likely to be 'Veto at your peril'.

I can't imagine any of the 27 agreeing to veto one of the biggest contributors to the pot that they'd have to help make up for.

In support of a further public vote on Brexit.

If Brexit were a fish dinner (instead of a poo sandwich):

I'm not saying there wasn't a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I'm just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I've been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it's cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent those last three hours arguing among themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appear to be on fire but no one was paying attention to that because they are all arguing about the fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish.

On that note I think I'll go grill myself a mahi mahi fillet for lunch 🙂