BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

In support of a further public vote on Brexit.

If Brexit were a fish dinner (instead of a poo sandwich):

I'm not saying there wasn't a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I'm just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I've been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it's cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent those last three hours arguing among themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appear to be on fire but no one was paying attention to that because they are all arguing about the fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish.

On that note I think I'll go grill myself a mahi mahi fillet for lunch 🙂

Nah! You wouldn’t!........You would have just left....same as the UK should have done, as soon as the result of the referendum was known! 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm not saying there wasn't a democratic mandate for Brexit at the time. I'm just saying if I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken, but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I've been waiting three hours, and two chefs who promised to cook the fish had quit, and the third one is promising to deliver the fish in the next five minutes whether it's cooked or not, or indeed still alive, and all the waiting staff have spent those last three hours arguing among themselves about whether I wanted battered cod, grilled salmon, jellied eels or dolphin kebabs, and if large parts of the restaurant appear to be on fire but no one was paying attention to that because they are all arguing about the fish, I would quite like, just once, to be asked if I definitely still wanted the fish.

You order fish because you decided, via a democratic vote between your head , your stomach and your wallet, you didnt want chicken, you wanted fish.
You asked the democratically employed staff at the restaurant if they could cook and serve  you a fish, they replied they could indeed.
The head chef then decided to try and offer you chicken instead, but cut into the shape of a fish, you and some of the kitchen staff were appalled , and booted the head chef.

The new head chef then offered some fish and some chicken, by then you are so hungry, you agree, but some of the staff insist you have chicken, and refuse to allow the fish to be cooked.
Still others say you must re order from the new menu , that only has chicken.
Disgusted, you threaten to walk out , and go to Nigels fish bar across the road, the staff bar the door, and threaten you with a rancid drumstick..

You WILL have chicken.

2 minutes ago, B725 said:

They all want burning at the stake. 

They would  accept the result but would argue about being done rare,medium or well done.

All well done in my opinion but I don't know if I can get a majority.

Edited by Good shot?

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Nah! You wouldn’t!........You would have just left....same as the UK should have done, as soon as the result of the referendum was known! 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

You order fish because you decided, via a democratic vote between your head , your stomach and your wallet, you didnt want chicken, you wanted fish.
You asked the democratically employed staff at the restaurant if they could cook and serve  you a fish, they replied they could indeed.
The head chef then decided to try and offer you chicken instead, but cut into the shape of a fish, you and some of the kitchen staff were appalled , and booted the head chef.

The new head chef then offered some fish and some chicken, by then you are so hungry, you agree, but some of the staff insist you have chicken, and refuse to allow the fish to be cooked.
Still others say you must re order from the new menu , that only has chicken.
Disgusted, you threaten to walk out , and go to Nigels fish bar across the road, the staff bar the door, and threaten you with a rancid drumstick..

You WILL have chicken.

The mahi mahi was delicious 😛 

Initially, the minimum wage was set at 8.50€. Its amount is adjusted every two years by the German government which is advised by a minimum wage commission. Thus, the minimum wage was at 8.84€ per hour in December 2018 and is expected to rise to 9.19€ in 2019 and to 9.35€ per hour in 2020.

Edited by bavarianbrit

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

When are we leaving? :lol:

Soon..

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

Will Boris do the honorable thing and step down? 

Why?

3 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Will remainer MPs do the democratic thing and honour the referendum?

Many of them do not understand the concept.