BREXIT

JohnfromUK

19 hours ago, oowee said:

This is the written equivalent of the Nazi salute at a football match. Hardly appropriate do you think? Come back when you have a more mature viewpoint. 

Pretty much the same here. As a student I worked in M&S from 0600 to 0830 then Uni. 

How can we get the fruit and veg picked if the EU workers wont come over and our home grown labour does not want to do it?. 

Then there won't be any fruit and veg will there? Not really bothered but Vegans wiil howl with dismay.😁

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, henry d said:

OK we have now moved on from "high proportion" to "some" and yes there are some unscrupulous people out there but the Govt have closed this as there is an offset for accommodation costs (many do not charge as it is a bonus for the workers...well caravans) and if the farmer is not careful he can be paying people under the NMW and can be prosecuted and farm workers are not thick. We went to a large fire on a farm in a neighbouring district and ended up talking to a doctor from Poland who earns more here than as a doc back home and I have a neighbour from Bulgaria who does not work as a vet as her husband gets more as a bus driver than they both earned back home. I even met a Bulgarian couple just over a week ago in the Costa del Sol who are earning good money there and don`t want to leave Spain as they are living better there than at "home" and they must have been as the cocktails we were all drinking were a min of 12 euro each.

No I haven’t moved on from a “high proportion”.........that was in reference to low paid agricultural workers, to “some” which was in reference to unscrupulous employers! 

My god Alistair you're right, no one goes out in the dark in December, and as we all know there's only 2 hours of daylight in Shetland in winter (there's actually at least  5) So no, we couldn't possibly have an election then 😂

And no, its got nothing to do with the fact, that the party that kicked you out is going to get destroyed by it. 😀😀

FB_IMG_1572102060400.jpg

I heard Campbell saying Nigel Farage had some interesting things to say about the new proposed deal the other day but failed to say what it was.

I always will think hard about his reasons to promote or push anything.He obviously does not want this deal to go through.

All the reasons I am seeing/ hearing are from remainers wanting and even softer brexit or none at all.

However I have not heard anyone else pointing  to any Brexiteer reasons to not vote for it other than the understandable  Irish  problem with the border in the sea.

I would like to see an opportunity for the Brexit party to face off the opposition prior to an election on prime time tv.

Edited by Good shot?

8 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

I heard Campbell saying Nigel Farage had some interesting things to say about the new proposed deal the other day but failed to say what it was.

I always will think hard about his reasons to promote or push anything.He obviously does not want this deal to go through.

All the reasons I am seeing/ hearing are from remainers wanting and even softer brexit or none at all.

However I have not heard anyone else pointing  to any Brexiteer reasons to not vote for it other than the understandable  Irish  problem with the border in the sea.

I would like to see an opportunity for the Brexit party to face off the opposition prior to an election on prime time tv.

Let me help you. Lipstick on a Pig

Thanks for that  oowee but  I have seen that and more regarding his criticisms, my point was his comments are not put about  widely in the British media for all to see.

His statements are very seldom debated by other Politicians and I believe his criticisms to be just.

Even Remainers do not seem to use his criticisms to their advantage to block this deal for fear they will be seen for what they are, devious and duplicitous.

I am aware though that they do not want to 'better' this deal they want to stop Brexit altogether obviously.

There is no 'deal' that gives us the Brexit that we voted for that will be passed by this Parliament and we will be still discussing it for many years to come at this rate..

Only an action by the EU will give us the freedoms that we voted for ie.  we will achieve a proper Brexit by default.

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

This is the video I think.

I was not clear (again) in my earlier post and this link is exactly what I was referring to. Another bad deal.

I hope all these points are discussed in the fullness of time but they will only be pointed out by remainers to justify remaining.

Edited by Good shot?

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

Thanks for that  oowee but  I have seen that and more regarding his criticisms, my point was his comments are not put about  widely in the British media for all to see.

His statements are very seldom debated by other Politicians and I believe his criticisms to be just.

Even Remainers do not seem to use his criticisms to their advantage to block this deal for fear they will be seen for what they are, devious and duplicitous.

I am aware though that they do not want to 'better' this deal they want to stop Brexit altogether obviously.

There is no 'deal' that gives us the Brexit that we voted for that will be passed by this Parliament and we will be still discussing it for many years to come at this rate..

Only an action by the EU will give us the freedoms that we voted for ie.  we will achieve a proper Brexit by 

There is no deal that will give those that voted out the Brexit they think they voted for. 

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

There is no deal that will give those that voted out the Brexit they think they voted for. 

I am just one of those stupid people that voted to  leave and trusted in our political system doing what the majority voted for.

Sadly I have been let down by far too many politicians and remainers who apparently know better than I do!

Twist of words again.

I know exactly what I voted for and 'No Deal' would fulfill that wish, in the absence of Parliamentary agreement on any deal whatsoever.

Any deal that may pass through Parliament would simply tie us to the EU agenda in any subsequent negotiations.(which will be fun).

18 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Twist of words again.

I know exactly what I voted for and 'No Deal' would fulfill that wish, in the absence of Parliamentary agreement on any deal whatsoever.

Any deal that may pass through Parliament would simply tie us to the EU agenda in any subsequent negotiations.(which will be fun).

But he’s right and fortunately you are in the minority.

If a good deal was ever on the cards then far many more of us would have voted leave.

Fortunately some of us worked it out prior to the referendum. Plenty more figured it out since which is why no deal proponents are the minority.

You said. 'I know exactly what I voted for and 'No Deal' would fulfill that wish'

My point being that 'no deal' can only exist before a deal. So if no deal provides what you voted for, then you will be disappointed because it can only exist temporarily. A deal will have to be done and over time, like it or not re alignment will be inevitable. 

8 hours ago, oowee said:

You said. 'I know exactly what I voted for and 'No Deal' would fulfill that wish'

My point being that 'no deal' can only exist before a deal. So if no deal provides what you voted for, then you will be disappointed because it can only exist temporarily. A deal will have to be done and over time, like it or not re alignment will be inevitable. 

As long as we are PROPERLY OUT, we can do all the "dealing" later. Get away from the unelected 4th Reich!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

8 hours ago, oowee said:

As you know, a ‘deal’ of any kind wasn't on the ballot paper; it wasn’t an option.  It only became an option post referendum ( in panicked hindsight ) because we weren’t expected to vote leave. 
We were all made well aware of what the implications of voting to leave would mean, and despite all that the majority still voted to leave. 
No matter how you try to phrase your point, there was no option to leave with or without a deal anymore than there was an option to remain with or without a deal. You lost, get over it. 
As for actually leaving, I still believe it’s not going to happen. But it’s not over; those scum who would happily see the result of the biggest democratic vote in UK living history ignored, and thereby overturned, are incredibly naive if they believe people are just going to carry on as if nothing happened. The fight goes on. 🙂

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am just one of those stupid people that voted to  leave and trusted in our political system doing what the majority voted for.

Sadly I have been let down by far too many politicians and remainers who apparently know better than I do!

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As long as we are PROPERLY OUT, we can do all the "dealing" later. Get away from the unelected 4th Reich!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

As you know, a ‘deal’ of any kind wasn't on the ballot paper; it wasn’t an option.  It only became an option post referendum ( in panicked hindsight ) because we weren’t expected to vote leave. 
We were all made well aware of what the implications of voting to leave would mean, and despite all that the majority still voted to leave. 
No matter how you try to phrase your point, there was no option to leave with or without a deal anymore than there was an option to remain with or without a deal. You lost, get over it. 
As for actually leaving, I still believe it’s not going to happen. But it’s not over; those scum who would happily see the result of the biggest democratic vote in UK living history ignored, and thereby overturned, are incredibly naive if they believe people are just going to carry on as if nothing happened. The fight goes on. 🙂

This is pretty much the way that myself ,and most people that I know , are seeing the whole fiasco. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

There will no doubt be a lot of disappointed people at some point when we get a deal or alternatively remain. 

Pity the poor politician who knocks on my door looking for support in the eventual General Election, not worth losing my guns over but i bet the Police get called.