BREXIT

JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, henry d said:

That is one of the worst arguments I have seen yet, apples and pears!

You can slice and eat both an Apple and a Pear - they both grow on trees, can be used for making cakes and puddings etc. So except for a shape and taste very much Apples and pears - the comparison is valid I would say

😉

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, discobob said:

You can slice and eat both an Apple and a Pear - they both grow on trees, can be used for making cakes and puddings etc. So except for a shape and taste very much Apples and pears - the comparison is valid I would say

😉

Rugby isn`t a referendum and the author should know better

Unbelievable! Who'd have think it!! 

Breaking news... 

'' I’m sorry to inform everyone on here who has supported the England rugby team in the World Cup today but New Zealand have requested another game to be played as the result was too close to call and they had players waiting to play who weren’t quite old enough, so now the World Cup needs to be put on hold for the foreseeable future until a new date can be arranged for a rematch. A minimum 90 day delay has been requested, but this could be a flextension that could last for years.

It has been suggested that shipments of New Zealand lamb could be affected by the result leading to serious lamb shortages on the shelves in the UK. This should make us think again about accepting this unfair result. No one knew this before the game concluded and it could have altered the result.

Furthermore, it has been suggested that the England team were offered large financial inducements, in the form of win bonuses, if they were to reach the final. There have been calls to have these fully investigated to establish the source of the inducements while the delay is in place.

In other news: some of the other teams have now objected to the terms of the final and have insisted that the final is delayed until NO WIN is taken off the table. These opponents of NO WIN have rejected calls that this should be put to a formal vote of any kind before their demands are ratified! ''

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Breaking news... 

'' I’m sorry to inform everyone on here who has supported the England rugby team in the World Cup today but New Zealand have requested another game to be played as the result was too close to call and they had players waiting to play who weren’t quite old enough, so now the World Cup needs to be put on hold for the foreseeable future until a new date can be arranged for a rematch. A minimum 90 day delay has been requested, but this could be a flextension that could last for years.

It has been suggested that shipments of New Zealand lamb could be affected by the result leading to serious lamb shortages on the shelves in the UK. This should make us think again about accepting this unfair result. No one knew this before the game concluded and it could have altered the result.

Furthermore, it has been suggested that the England team were offered large financial inducements, in the form of win bonuses, if they were to reach the final. There have been calls to have these fully investigated to establish the source of the inducements while the delay is in place.

In other news: some of the other teams have now objected to the terms of the final and have insisted that the final is delayed until NO WIN is taken off the table. These opponents of NO WIN have rejected calls that this should be put to a formal vote of any kind before their demands are ratified! ''

In other news,

The 'New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup Party' have stated that, if they get enough support, then there is no need to replay the game as they would declare the game void and award the World Cup to New Zealand without any more games taking place. But until they get enough support, they will back a replay but only accept the result if New Zealand win.

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Breaking news... 

Brilliant - I'm going to have to borrow this. :-)

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Boris apparently has the numbers for his bill. Why is he not bringing it forward?

Guessing because he doesn't want the extension, more interested in a GE, then he'll hopefully have a proper majority and be able to govern properly.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Boris apparently has the numbers for his bill. Why is he not bringing it forward?

With a bit of luck he's hoping to not surrender the UK to the EU army and other such trappings that have been screwed onto the magnet of free trading arrangements that are useful to us. And get a mandate from the people rather than just the conservative party to stand up for GB LTD.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Breaking news... 

Except of course it wasn’t. 

As an addition to earlier reports from Japan, and as reported on the news, a spokesperson for the New Zealand team has said that they will be demanding a rematch of Saturdays game against England, based on the claims that none of the players knew what they were playing for. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Except of course it wasn’t. 

You do realise it was all a bit tongue in cheek ?😂

1 hour ago, Scully said:

As an addition to earlier reports from Japan, and as reported on the news, a spokesperson for the New Zealand team has said that they will be demanding a rematch of Saturdays game against England, based on the claims that none of the players knew what they were playing for. 

Excellent !

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Blair doing what he does best, lying and subterfuge. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1196504/Brexit-News-update-latest-today-Tony-Blair-Nigel-Farage-Boris-Johnson-deal-extension

Weak attempt to sow division within leave ranks. 

Just watched it......................God that Blair makes me cringe ....now he has lost the magic ring he looks more and more like Gollum everytime i see him................he has dead eyes..

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Just watched it......................God that Blair makes me cringe ....now he has lost the magic ring he looks more and more like Gollum everytime i see him................he has dead eyes..

You did better than me then; I simply can’t watch anything he features in. I despise him enormously.