BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I thought Boris would be better than May, that was until he lost his nerve give in to the EU and Dublin and stabled us in this part of the UK in the back. 

Once we get over the line, anything could happen really. 

One we get this GE, and hopefully, control of the house, we can deal with a stronger hand, at the moment Boris is neutered. 

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Once we get over the line, anything could happen really. 

One we get this GE, and hopefully, control of the house, we can deal with a stronger hand, at the moment Boris is neutered. 

Sort of lost trust in him, but not surprised he sold us out. 

Edited by ordnance

12 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Sort of lost trust in him, but not surprised he sold us out. 

There's a lot of it about. 

Brexit: Second referendum campaign in chaos as top team SACKED by millionaire chairman, he wants  'The peoples vote' to campaign for REMAIN '

So democratic.... 

Soubry Is incensed at the SNP and libs, they have ' betrayed' the remain, sorry people's vote cause, by indicating they would be up for a GE!

How undemocratic of them... 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10227964/brexit-second-referendum-peoples-vote-chaos/

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

There's a lot of it about. 

Brexit: Second referendum campaign in chaos as top team SACKED by millionaire chairman, he wants  'The peoples vote' to campaign for REMAIN '

So democratic.... 

Soubry Is incensed at the SNP and libs, they have ' betrayed' the remain, sorry people's vote cause, by indicating they would be up for a GE!

How undemocratic of them... 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10227964/brexit-second-referendum-peoples-vote-chaos/

🙂 There's always an upside. 🙂

Just now, oowee said:

Why? Do you know any?

I asked you. Can you name one? 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Conservative and Unionist party only as long as it suits. No more trustworthy than Trump with his allies the Kurds. 

True, but not surprised after 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Can you name me a politician you deem to be 'trustworthy'? 

You can trust them to act in their own self interest. 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why? Do you know any?

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why? Do you know any?

Why? Because you deem Boris and Trump to be equally untrustworthy, but you obviously can’t name one you deem worthy of trust, so no better than any of those in the remain camp then really. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

Why? Because you deem Boris and Trump to be equally untrustworthy, but you obviously can’t name one you deem worthy of trust, so no better than any of those in the remain camp then really. 

Peas from the same pod. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Peas from the same pod. 

Yes and no. 

Boris has always had political ambitions. I'm not sure Trump has. I'm not sure why he decided to run. Genuine desire for office, a desire for political change, pure ego, because they all said he couldn't win?

Psychologically I'm sure they have similar traits. But then so do most successful people. If you want to rise to the top. You have to be willing to step on people. Lying and cheating are just the tools of the trade. Ask you favourite Frau Merkel. Her promises are like morning mist.

Politicians as a whole probably have a very similar personality/psyche. Certainly those that rise to cabinet positions. If you want genuine caring politicians, you will probably find a few on the back benches or amongst the independents.

Politicians are normally driven by a political ideology, some set of shared values.  Boris is a reactionary to a crisis in Conservatism driven by Cummings (with his Art of War beliefs) to see politics as a branch of warfare. Strategy takes priority over any ideology. 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Politicians are normally driven by a political ideology, some set of shared values.  Boris is a reactionary to a crisis in Conservatism driven by Cummings (with his Art of War beliefs) to see politics as a branch of warfare. Strategy takes priority over any ideology. 

Oowee...did you just quote this from someone else's article?  Seems rather different from a few recent replies of your that were virtually 'one liners'!  Just saying!   

1 minute ago, DoolinDalton said:

Oowee...did you just quote this from someone else's article?  Seems rather different from a few recent replies of your that were virtually 'one liners'!  Just saying!   

In Part from an article I read in New Statesman. I do occasionally extend to more than one sentence 🙂 

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thanks for the reply Oowee.... however, I would, in my limited knowledge of such matters, assume that most but not all politicians are normally driven by monetary ideology...the more they can get out of the system, the better!  As for Boris, I believe the word I am trying to use to describe him in the correct context at this moment in time (and I am a Brexiteer!) is ENIGMA!