BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Speaking of which, whats he playing at ?

Image may contain: text

What a complete and utter plonker! They should have had that attitude three years ago instead of having an arrogant and dictatorially petulant hissy fit and throwing their toys out of the prom. We could have all been getting on with our lives now.

However, two good things have come from all this, one being that that odious man Corbyn has been well and truly put out to grass,  ( I truly hope he has been watching the news so he is in no mistake about what some, even lifelong labour voters, think of him,  particularly in the NE ) and two, the result of the 2016 referendum has now been confirmed beyond doubt. 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

What a complete and utter plonker! They should have had that attitude three years ago instead of having an arrogant and dictatorially petulant hissy fit and throwing their toys out of the prom. We could have all been getting on with our lives now.

However, two good things have come from all this, one being that that odious man Corbyn has been well and truly put out to grass,  ( I truly hope he has been watching the news so he is in no mistake about what some, even lifelong labour voters, think of him,  particularly in the NE ) and two, the result of the 2016 referendum has now been confirmed beyond doubt. 

And the Northwest,  I'm just watching the special on the News, how the Northwest went blue😊😊 Corbyn and Brexit came up quite a bit.

Wonder if he'll retire somewhere he has friends,  somewhere warm and sandy?

"A...... Fair........ Partnership is in our common interest" Let's not delude ourselves. The UK is the third largest contributor and our exit will leave an £88.9 billion shortfall in their budget which will have to found from somewhere. From where? Well, the U.K. of course. We will have to pay for everything we want in our negotiations. And, if the UK thinks it will keep control of our fishing then think again. It will be part of the price we will have to pay towards the "trade" deal. The real fight has yet to begin.

2 hours ago, Bobba said:

"A...... Fair........ Partnership is in our common interest" Let's not delude ourselves. The UK is the third largest contributor and our exit will leave an £88.9 billion shortfall in their budget which will have to found from somewhere. From where? Well, the U.K. of course. We will have to pay for everything we want in our negotiations. And, if the UK thinks it will keep control of our fishing then think again. It will be part of the price we will have to pay towards the "trade" deal. The real fight has yet to begin.

The fishing rights should have a substantial value so as long as our "negotiators" stick to their guns we will have significant advantage. It would be a good idea to have something similar to a 5 year lease attached to any agreement.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Speaking of which, whats he playing at ?

Image may contain: text

i think we should put the hand of friendship out to him....and work with him and his team...for a sucsessful future....................

and then take that piece of ugly dog excrement and the bloody rest of them and make the arrogant self abusers suffer all the way to the bank.........

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think we should put the hand of friendship out to him....and work with him and his team...for a sucsessful future....................

and then take that piece of ugly dog excrement and the bloody rest of them and make the arrogant self abusers suffer all the way to the bank.........

Funny how the stance has changed init? 

9 hours ago, sportsbob said:

The fishing rights should have a substantial value so as long as our "negotiators" stick to their guns we will have significant advantage. It would be a good idea to have something similar to a 5 year lease attached to any agreement.

In terms of value you're right, there could be a trade off. But my point was keeping "control". Unless all fish caught are landed in th uk then we will have no idea what is caught and landed in other member states in terms of species, tonnage and size, as they certainly won't allow us to inspect their records in their countries. And there are factory ships, one operating under Dutch flag, which Hoover up fish stocks. Gove is considering reintroducing the 200 mile limit but unless he introduces with it a rigorous control system our fishermen still run the risk of being shafted by Johnny Foreigner.

48 minutes ago, Bobba said:

In terms of value you're right, there could be a trade off. But my point was keeping "control". Unless all fish caught are landed in th uk then we will have no idea what is caught and landed in other member states in terms of species, tonnage and size, as they certainly won't allow us to inspect their records in their countries. And there are factory ships, one operating under Dutch flag, which Hoover up fish stocks. Gove is considering reintroducing the 200 mile limit but unless he introduces with it a rigorous control system our fishermen still run the risk of being shafted by Johnny Foreigner.

If we do take control back then perhaps banning the monstrous factory ships should be rule number one.

10 hours ago, sportsbob said:

With a strong majority Government and the threat of a no deal exit revived hanging over the EU, there is no need, any more for the UK to go cap in hand to the EU! The UK is largely free of the no “no deal” shackles imposed by a remainer Parliament.....if our negotiators can’t get a good deal now! They need ******* with the **** *** of a ragtime trumpet!

it appears Boris J is to visit the North to those labour heartlands that voted for him.....to thank them for their support

i think that is a nice touch ..:good:

Boris never struck me as a long term planner, but this looks to me as if he is preparing for the next election in five years time. If Labour don't get rid of Momentum and their cronies, it could be a generation of Tory governments. Labour will have been in the wilderness for 14 years come next election.

Slapping Sturgeon down at an early stage is a step in the right direction. Now he has to woo the Scottish voters. Whatever Sturgeon says, I would not like Scotland to leave. I think it would be a disaster for them, albeit financially better for the rest of the UK.

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Boris never struck me as a long term planner, but this looks to me as if he is preparing for the next election in five years time. If Labour don't get rid of Momentum and their cronies, it could be a generation of Tory governments. Labour will have been in the wilderness for 14 years come next election.

Slapping Sturgeon down at an early stage is a step in the right direction. Now he has to woo the Scottish voters. Whatever Sturgeon says, I would not like Scotland to leave. I think it would be a disaster for them, albeit financially better for the rest of the UK.

^^^^ this. I doubt his staying power but its certainly possible with the right application.