BREXIT

JohnfromUK

23 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

...And actually, you owe it to yourself to read beyond four paragraphs. You'll learn something.

8 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

He's not a prophet - he's just someone who has taken the time and put in the hard work to educate himself....

Damn, why is there no smacked backside emoji? Anyway, 👏👏👏Retsdon

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Hes also a fairly prominent climate change denier.
Do you agree with him on that too ?

No. But it's irrelevant.

Here's a thought. Instead of throwing red herrings about, why not address the points that he raises - namely that in a globalized trade world the UK, regardless of what it might want to do will, inevitably have to conform to  regulatory standards that are set in Brussels?

I read the post on brexit. Then I googled Richard north. Really? Jungle bunnies? Surely that sort of  thing negates anything he has to say. It’s not like the Vegetarian society uses Hitler as a model, probably because despite his dietary beliefs, some of his other opinions were somewhat distasteful. 

8 minutes ago, henry d said:

Damn, why is there no smacked backside emoji? Anyway, 👏👏👏Retsdon

Probably for the same reason theres no sanctimonious bum wipe emoji ?

6 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

No. But it's irrelevant.

Thought it might be.

6 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Here's a thought. Instead of throwing red herrings about, why not address the points that he raises - namely that in a globalized trade world the UK, regardless of what it might want to do will, inevitably have to conform to  regulatory standards that are set in Brussels?

You talk about red herrings 😂 yet keep rattling on about Norths blog, and how everyone who wants out the EU has to do it HIS  way or were all idiots ?
Then get all offended because no one wants to listen !

Does Brussels set regulatory standards for the whole world ?
You have a choice on who , how and what you trade, and if one party doesnt like it, they can move on and trade with someone else who will.

I think sometimes , in these peculiar days, people seem to have lost sight of what free trade means.

11 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

No. But it's irrelevant.

You are missing the point completely. Who ever suggested that we wouldn't comply with the EU regulations after we leave? Nobody that I aware of has ever said that? 

1 minute ago, SpringDon said:

Then I googled Richard north. Really? Jungle bunnies? Surely that sort of  thing negates anything he has to say.

Not at all. The notion that being politically correct or unlikeable automatically  negates everything someone has to say  is absurd. That's the kind of nonsense that the liberal political correctos pedal. North genuinely knows what he's talking about when it comes to international trade and how regulatory standards effect it . His character or his views on other matters are neither here nor there. He could even beat his wife, it wouldn't matter.

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

His character or his views on other matters are neither here nor there. He could even beat his wife, it wouldn't matter.

So if he were a convicted fraudster, paedophile with a penchant for goat sex , oh  and hamster abuse, you would still value his opinion ?

Think carefully before answering 😂

24 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

I read the post on brexit. Then I googled Richard north. Really? Jungle bunnies? Surely that sort of  thing negates anything he has to say. It’s not like the Vegetarian society uses Hitler as a model, probably because despite his dietary beliefs, some of his other opinions were somewhat distasteful. 

That could apply to borris as well? 

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So if he were a convicted fraudster, paedophile with a penchant for goat sex , oh  and hamster abuse, you would still value his opinion ?

His opinion on what? Or do you think that goat sex has a bearing on international trade?

As I've said before, why not address the man's points? But of course you can't, and that's why you're frantically scrabbling around for dirt to throw.

25 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Retsdon,I think it is you that are irrelevant!:big_boss:

An irrelevant waste of cognac? 😁

You should save them up and deliver the whole lot in one broadside. It would save space on the thread :)

Edited by Retsdon

40 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

His opinion on what? Or do you think that goat sex has a bearing on international trade?

Does wife beating ? Or having an opinion on it ?
Neither point has a bearing on international trade !

44 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

As I've said before, why not address the man's points? But of course you can't, and that's why you're frantically scrabbling around for dirt to throw.

What on earth for ?
The horse has bolted, we are coming out with BJs deal in less than 3 weeks, so whats the point of discussing Norths theories on how HE thinks it SHOULD have been done ?

And you talk about throwing dirt ?
Im not the one calling everyone an idiot/clown/ imbecile ect.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

he horse has bolted, we are coming out with BJs deal in less than 3 weeks, so whats the point of discussing Norths theories on how HE thinks it SHOULD have been done ?

It hasn't been done yet by a long chalk. BJ  (I like the name btw) doesn't have a deal. He has a  temporary transitional arrangement. Negotiations for the real deal haven't started yet. And what's worrying is that the desired endpoint  for this government seems to be extremely opaque - some sort of Britannia Unchained with the details left to chance would appear to be the limit of their horizon. But sooner or later the heady rhetoric will inevitably  come into contact with hard reality and hard reality is going to win. 

Anyway, we'll see. Bedtime here.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Not at all. The notion that being politically correct or unlikeable automatically  negates everything someone has to say  is absurd. That's the kind of nonsense that the liberal political correctos pedal. North genuinely knows what he's talking about when it comes to international trade and how regulatory standards effect it . His character or his views on other matters are neither here nor there. He could even beat his wife, it wouldn't matter.

But we didn't vote to leave because of trade - which I seem to recall was what we agreed to when we joined. If Brussels hadn't attached a load of political union to the common market we'd still be happy to remain.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

What an excellent well thought out comment. Like it:yahoo:

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

It hasn't been done yet by a long chalk. BJ  (I like the name btw) doesn't have a deal. He has a  temporary transitional arrangement. Negotiations for the real deal haven't started yet. And what's worrying is that the desired endpoint  for this government seems to be extremely opaque - some sort of Britannia Unchained with the details left to chance would appear to be the limit of their horizon. But sooner or later the heady rhetoric will inevitably  come into contact with hard reality and hard reality is going to win. 

Anyway, we'll see. Bedtime here.

We have not mentioned the unmentionable NO DEAL here which is still haunting many.
It will hurt for some time but if any, like me, who lived (survived) the black gloom of austerity in the late 40's and 50's  NO DEAL will be a mere bagatelle and as before
we will come out into the sunshine, will survive and go forward.

So as  you said 'he doesn't have a deal',  maybe he doesn't need a deal. We never voted 'leave with a deal'.

Edited by das

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

what sort of hamster are we talking about here.........actual......meterphorical........or the wikapedia of sex.......

No deal is soooooo good when our trade with the EU is between £70-100 billion pounds ADVERSE, its flippin brilliant that we are shedding the ties.

OK we wont have German cars but the EU puts 10.8% (plus VAT) Tarriff on cars  we import from outside the EU. Take that away and we will be quids in on  cars from the rest of the world.

People don't realise, the EU restricts our ability to buy so much from elsewhere. Pharmacuticals from US, half the price we are forced to pay from EU.is a small example

Edited by Vince Green

16 hours ago, Retsdon said:

How the world really works. http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87486

The hopelessness of Britain's elected government is going to do terrible damage to the country. These people seem hell bent on taking the UK into some kind of  economic Year Zero scenario that bears no relationship at all to how the actual globalized world of trade operates . And it begs the question - what is their objective?  Are they genuinely as ignorant as they appear or is there some hidden agenda?

Finally got around to reading this. Apart from the overwhelming stench of our grapes (I said this, I told you so, me, me, me) the points seem fairly vague.

What the EU want is for us to trade with them by their rules, and to trade with everyone else also by their rules so we can't compete by dropping regulation to make production cheaper (like the States did, massive boost to economy and employment). But because the EU rules make firms adopt generally stricter practices when trading with the Bloc, that somehow means we should allow ourselves to be completely governed by them and their throttling regulation?

North doesn't actually seem to make a point, suggestion or other useful comment. Just spiteful digs, observations and references to his own superiority. He's miffed that his Flexit plan wasn't universally adopted with immediate effect.

I think most people recognise that free trade with the EU would involve harmonisation of our regulatory practices, but that's not what the EU want. They want control over our regulation so they can skew the markets in favour of their pet projects, when they need votes or a quick cash injection.