BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t mind her being ‘one of ours’, I’m always interested in what she has to say, even though I don’t always agree with her.
She tends to tell it like it is, which can annoy some people. 

There are certain things she has said that I agree with and other things I do not, some of the things she has said are in my view indefensible.

In all cases though it's the way she says things that get my goat, I just find her obnoxious, even with the things I can relate to. I also suspect she often doesn't actually believe what she is saying herself either.

I see that Irish no mark Leo Varadkar is trying to push his pathetic weight around again. He is like the little insignificant kid in the play ground hoping his bigger European mates will help him get the upper hand over the UK. So far the eu have held ranks but you never know they might start to look after their own interests and ditch the plonker and his little country.

"Pretend UK haven’t left! Brussels ask EU27 to treat UK like they are still in EU next year." https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1233942/Brexit-latest-news-European-Union-eu27-Michel-Barnier-brexit-day

Except that the headline is wrong. Brussels is actually requesting that every country around the world with which it has agreements allow Britain to continue trading using terms previously agreed with the EU. 'to help with the transition' 

Which I think is jolly kind of them. No?

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

"Pretend UK haven’t left! Brussels ask EU27 to treat UK like they are still in EU next year." https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1233942/Brexit-latest-news-European-Union-eu27-Michel-Barnier-brexit-day

Except that the headline is wrong. Brussels is actually requesting that every country around the world with which it has agreements allow Britain to continue trading using terms previously agreed with the EU. 'to help with the transition' 

But.. But.. You said we would be a 3rd world basket case if we left? 😜

Surely the EU can't have seen that it would pay them, and their citizens to remain on friendly trade terms with us? 

But you said this wouldn't happen 😒

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Only wrong headline because it helps your case better or not 

Edited by martyn2233

8 hours ago, Gordon R said:

We are out of the EU - why can't the Remainers join a united country and try to make the best of it? Why do they continue to whinge? Get a life.

Gordon, they will never ever stop whinging. The only thing they have achieved so far is to absolutely convince me that leave was the right decision.

How many are receiving counselling for our misplaced and totally democratic choice to leave the great white elephant before it rolls over and dies?

Will there be a mad dash to A and E Departments throughout Friday?

From the Guardian!

"There will be little official pageantry to mark Britain’s departure from the European Union at 11pm on Friday. A clock counting down the last hour will be projected on to No 10 Downing Street, and Nigel Farage will host a celebration in Parliament Square where flagpoles will fly union jacks.

But there will be nothing like the torchlight procession that marked the august occasion on 1 January 1973 when the prime minister Edward Heath was joined in Brussels by his predecessors Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas-Home and a chorus of leaders from across the political divide to witness the accession of the UK into the European Economic Community."

I think the clue is in the last few words!

The European Economic Community was for trade, not being dictated to by an unelected elite!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE