BREXIT

JohnfromUK

46 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Oh no the EU now realise they are in serious trouble, even Macron has come out and said they must mend their ways.  This is the slippery slope.  Eventually I see being back to individual countries talking and trading with each other without the immense burden of paying unelected morons vaste amounts of money in wages and pensions.  It is and has been obscene by any standards.

The EU will harden its stance and not soften it is what Verhofstadt has stated. That is their version of mending their ways.😉

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Oh no the EU now realise they are in serious trouble, even Macron has come out and said they must mend their ways.  This is the slippery slope.  Eventually I see being back to individual countries talking and trading with each other without the immense burden of paying unelected morons vaste amounts of money in wages and pensions.  It is and has been obscene by any standards.

Whisky tango foxtrot has that to do with freedom? We have a year to get something sorted, why does everything have to revolve around destroying something we have stepped away from. We are out walk away stop trying to faff about with something we are not going to be connected to.

Want obscene, why did Farage only go to one fisheries meeting out of 40 (apologies if it is not numerically correct but it was that ballpark) when he should have been at the majority? Snout in trough? 

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Quite possibly,

but he would be the first ever snout to fight to remove it from the trough, unlike the rest that are quite happy to keep on gorging!

100%

I see that Crankie woman you have leading the Scottish Parliament is spouting wild dreams again henry d.

None of it matters. It's done now. Although I think some people are forgetting that for all practical commercial purposes Britain is still in the EU until the end of the year. The proof of the pudding will come later when we see what sort of trading arrangements the country  finishes up with. And that's not just with the EU, but with all the other 3rd party countries with whom our current trading relations are derived from EU negotiated agreements. Sure, over the last few months the government have signed continuity agreements to roll these EU agreements over, but they're not formal treaties and have sunset clauses built in that will kick in once we leave the Single Market. 

There's a lot of talk about a US trade deal but a) it certainly won't replace the Single Market and b) the US is a hard market to break into (different states, different laws), and being one of its junior acolytes is no picnic. It looks after itself first. Just ask any country south of the Rio Grande.

What's  worrying at this point is that while there's a lot of aspirational talk there doesn't seem to be much of a plan whereas the EU has already mapped out 4 distinct outcomes that -depending on Britains expectations-  it is prepared to accept. They've even mapped out the timetable and agenda to get an agreement before Boris's deadline - 10  negotiation teams working concurrently. Can Britain even field 10 negotiation teams?

The Brexit damage was always unlikely be some massive crisis because that would be in nobody's interest.  Far more likely is death by a thousand cuts in asymmetrical negotiations with more experienced and much stronger globally experienced opponents.

23 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Quite possibly,

but he would be the first ever snout to fight to remove it from the trough, unlike the rest that are quite happy to keep on gorging!

Are you for real? He was paid to do the job!!!!

He was happy to take the pay!

He went 2% of the time (approx) so I think he should be brought to justice. It's nothing to do with what others do, your ideas of what is right and wrong are seriously flawed

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

The EU will harden its stance and not soften it is what Verhofstadt has stated. That is their version of mending their ways.😉

And the removal of the veto and making things almost impossible for any other country to leave.

Let them live in their "utopia"

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Think you need to move on a bit. We are looking at the trade deal now.

Looking forward to a great deal on fish. I am rather partial to most fish and now we are out we can look forward to prices coming down and increasing choice. 

On the contrary, it's the Remoaners that are still crying, despite most of their predictions and fears being proved wrong that need to move on.

I'm looking forwards to being part of a positive, strong, independent nation again, as are the majority of the country.

Oowee, I'm genuinely glad you've seen the light 👍

14 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

On the contrary, it's the Remoaners that are still crying, despite most of their predictions and fears being proved wrong that need to move on.

I'm looking forwards to being part of a positive, strong, independent nation again, as are the majority of the country.

Oowee, I'm genuinely glad you've seen the light 👍

I am waiting and looking forward for the light to emerge. 🙂

The £3k it has cost me so far for citizenship is a PITA but the gains in healthcare properties has been a big plus. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Are you for real?

Absolutely, last time I checked I am real.

He was happy to take the pay!

He was even happier when that pay stopped :yahoo:

He went 2% of the time (approx) so I think he should be brought to justice.

Justice :hmm::hmm::hmm:

What Law did he break ??? perhaps we should lynch him alongside Trump :no:

It's nothing to do with what others do, your ideas of what is right and wrong are seriously flawed

:no: Pot have you meet the Kettle!!!

55 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am waiting and looking forward for the light to emerge. 🙂

The £3k it has cost me so far for citizenship is a PITA but the gains in healthcare properties has been a big plus. 

I just wish others took a leaf from your book. All credit for your outlook 👍

48 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Absolutely, last time I checked I am real.

He was even happier when that pay stopped :yahoo:

Justice :hmm::hmm::hmm:

What Law did he break ??? perhaps we should lynch him alongside Trump :no:

:no: Pot have you meet the Kettle!!!

I don't know what job you have or last had but if I only went to 2% of the fires or RTA's would you be happy with my performance as a public servant? If chose not to turn out to action stations alongside my oppos in the RN would I expect to be be treated as a law breaker for not doing my duty would my oppos be happy with me?

You have either a brass one or are a newbie to thinking.

1 minute ago, henry d said:

I don't know what job you have or last had but if I only went to 2% of the fires or RTA's would you be happy with my performance as a public servant? If chose not to turn out to action stations alongside my oppos in the RN would I expect to be be treated as a law breaker for not doing my duty would my oppos be happy with me?

You have either a brass one or are a newbie to thinking.

:no::no::no:

On 31/01/2020 at 10:23, Retsdon said:

He had the opportunity to make a statesman like farewell speech but instead chose to play to his gallery by insulting pretty much everyone in the room and waving his little plastic (probably made in Wuhan) union jack flag.

Deeply embarrassing.

I voted out at the beginning and voted out at the end I've hated being lumped together with all the lazy Greeks etc and anything else that ended with ania in its title there currency wasn't worth a **** along with many other nations we were big payers and now they will not have our income this is the end of the EU 

16 hours ago, henry d said:

He went 2% of the time (approx) so I think he should be brought to justice. It's nothing to do with what others do, your ideas of what is right and wrong are seriously flawed

I think it's your information source that's flawed, 58.8 % attendance according to the eus own records.