BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who feels us paying thousands of EU employees an exorbitant income and lavish expenses, spending billions in office accommodation and relentless moving offices, subsidising other countries business's and farming, wages and pensions is good for the people of the United Kingdom has to have a couple of holes in his marbles bag.

We joined a common market which was good value while it did what it was sold to us as. We subsequently found we'd been deceived about its true purpose - and THAT is largely what has led to deep resentment of the EU. we don't stand for people taking us for mugs and finally did something about as more and more information about its deception became apparent.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Thankfully, a fair few paid with their jobs. Not all, but hey ho, it is politics after all.

The EU needs to tread very carefully in the coming weeks, or there'll be some  Brussels politicos looking for a job soon. 

Their stance could easily force a no deal scenario, which could prove costly for European industry, that won't go down well, and will lead to more anti EU sentiment. 

The bloc fashions itself as this immovable, strong entity, when it is anything but, and screaming out for reform, yet the arrogance and stupid stubborn people at the top will certainly be its undoing. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Really! 

Walk the walk henry, don't talk the talk. 

Change cannot be rammed down ones throat, it only produces resistance. 

This is completely obvious. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The EU needs to tread very carefully in the coming weeks, or there'll be some  Brussels politicos looking for a job soon. 

The French and Spanish farmers are already starting to kick up a fuss. Without our billions they are worried about their subsidies. There was one French farmer featured on, I think, a Jeff Taylor video who earned more from subsidies than he did from his crops. Spanish orange farmers can't make a profit because of EU price setting rules.

The next EU budget is going to be very interesting. Who will stump up the missing cash? Who will be willing to take less money from the pot? I believe a few of the more fiscally prudent nations are saying they have no desire to contribute more.

Time and time again posters have been unable to make posts on this topic without resorting to winding others up and abusive comments being made. This topic is now closed, I have unhidden it following the removal of a number of posts so that people can see the just shy of 200 pages of replies, and as an archive, however neither this nor a new topic on Brexit will be opened.

If you want to discuss Brexit then I'm afraid you will have to do it elsewhere, whether on other social media or at the local.

Regardless of your views or position on the subject, I think the truth is that everyone wants the best for the country. It's a shame this topic couldn't have been about the solutions rather than the constant bickering accross party lines.