BREXIT

JohnfromUK

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No, a general election, then if the new house votes for it , a referendum on proposed options, followed by a vote on those options.

Again , pointless having a referendum result that the house will not support, waste of time, money , and further harming public confidence.

Exactly this.

This parliament has proved itself against the will of the majority and many individual MPs are going against their constituents. It as as Geoffrey Cox said, a dead parliament. Clear the house, hopefully get a majority government and then we can discuss further options, if necessary.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No, a general election, then if the new house votes for it , a referendum on proposed options, followed by a vote on those options.

A General Election should sort it because the parties stances on Brexit are pretty clear;

1. If you want to leave, you vote either Tory (or Brexit if they stand and if you think they would actually win the seat - as they might in some Labour seats)
  2. If you want to remain, LibDem, Green, or if in Wales or Scotland Plaid or SNP as alternatives
  3. If you want to stay in limbo not knowing whether to leave or remain and have the economy wrecked as a bonus, vote Labour.

48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Again , pointless having a referendum result that the house will not support, waste of time, money , and further harming public confidence.

Referendum and GE on the same day. C’mon I’m trying to cut a deal here🤪

Boris Johnson

1 hr · 

We have a new deal.

This new deal allows us to get Brexit done and leave the EU in two weeks’ time, so we can then focus on the people’s priorities and bring the country back together again.

This deal ensures that we take back control of our laws, borders, money and trade without disruption & establishes a new relationship with the EU based on free trade and friendly cooperation.

Under the previous negotiation, Brussels maintained ultimate control and could have forced Britain to accept EU laws and taxes for ever.

This new deal takes back control. We will leave the EU’s Customs Union as one United Kingdom and be able to strike trade deals all around the world.

The anti-democratic backstop has been abolished. The people of Northern Ireland will be in charge of the laws that they live by, and – unlike the backstop – will have the right to end the special arrangement if they so choose.

Let’s #GetBrexitDone and lead this country forward 🇬🇧

I have to take my hat off to you Rewulf,  your numerous posts on this and the previous thread have not only kept me enthralled, but have demonstrated a concise and well researched approach on your part👍

It's people such as yourself that should be at the helm…….. I wouldn't even begrudge you a few brown envelopes😀

The time you have invested is much appreciated. Keep up the good work👍

2 minutes ago, KB1 said:

I have to take my hat off to you Rewulf,  your numerous posts on this and the previous thread have not only kept me enthralled, but have demonstrated a concise and well researched approach on your part👍

It's people such as yourself that should be at the helm…….. I wouldn't even begrudge you a few brown envelopes😀

The time you have invested is much appreciated. Keep up the good work👍

Thank you very much, that means a lot...Seriously !

Although a lot of the inspiration comes from others, I do try to condense what has happened, IS happening, and what might happen, into a manageable scenario.
It helps to stand back , look at all the (often conflicting) information , and try and get 'The Big Picture'
Its an interest I never had before the referendum, and its something Ive had to learn very quickly.
Might not always get it right though !

I put the time in , because this IS important.
Its important for everyone , no matter where you stand on it.

Brown envelopes ? As much as I could use them..The right people dont accept them, something our elected need to remember.

But , its not over till its over, but I think we are closer now than ever before...

Hopefully we can get it resolved soon , and I can get back to working a full day , without my slow typing, bad grammar and dust covered keyboard keeping me from it.

Cheers:good:

18 minutes ago, B725 said:

On the TV last night some Labour bloke David Lammy? says its the public that should decide via another vote but they won't put no deal on the vote, why not if they they want the public to decide?

Because he is another damned Remoaner!

7 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The point is to get an up to date position from the UK public, I suspect deep down even you are a bit reluctant to keep quoting a snapshot of public opinion that is around 40 months old.

If the Brexit issue is mashed into a GE then there will be distortion based on people voting along party lines over and above other issues because, believe it or not, not everybody is prepared to go to extreme lengths of a minority to get Brexit done (like ww3 for example 🙄). They just want it sorted, either way, without us crashing out with no deal.

I don’t believe anyone is convinced WWIII will happen really, do you. People will just get on with getting on, like they always do. I’m not really sure what else anyone expects people to do. Throw themselves off a bridge? 

25 minutes ago, B725 said:

some Labour bloke David Lammy

A complete motormouth - out of the Diane Abbott school when it comes to logical thought.  He made a number of totally false claims at the time of the Grenfell tragedy.  Not in his constituency and claiming he had lost a friend in the fire (which it later transpired he hadn't) and claiming that it was a cover up and far more had perished .......

He was simply stirring to get his face and motormouth on every broadcast.  Despicable individual capitalising on a very sad event.

Edited by JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

A complete motormouth - out of the Diane Abbott school when it comes to logical thought.  He made a number of totally false claims at the time of the Grenfell tragedy.  Not in his constituency and claiming he had lost a friend in the fire (which it later transpired he hadn't) and claiming that it was a cover up and far more had perished .......

He was simply stirring to get his face and motormouth on every broadcast.  Despicable individual capitalising on a very sad event.

And like many London MPs keen to get his nose in the Euro Trough

So...what exactly is a 'disorderly' Brexit (that is, NO DEAL), as the remainers seem to like saying?  Will everybody run around like headless chickens? Will the sky fall in?  Whatever happens on the 31st, the everyday folk won't see or notice any changes immediately or for a while, imo.  

1 hour ago, DoolinDalton said:

So...what exactly is a 'disorderly' Brexit (that is, NO DEAL), as the remainers seem to like saying?  Will everybody run around like headless chickens? Will the sky fall in?  Whatever happens on the 31st, the everyday folk won't see or notice any changes immediately or for a while, imo.  

The sun won't rise on November 1st. :-)

1 hour ago, Blackstone said:

So uhh, the Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage is now demanding an extension because he doesn't like this deal.

Not quite what was said is it ? :lol:

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Once Brexit goes through he's out a job. But he'll have his EU pension.

Is he not entitled to it ?