BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

We are watching democracy in progress now working in the interest of our country. The mess is a result of the poorly formed ref in the first place. Lets not compound it. 

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Still not clear where / what the question is!

And I'm not sure what all the kerfuffle is about the LibDems in a GE, you didn't even include them in the list of voting options and if you're so cock sure about the Leave majority then their policies are not really relevant to you, are they. Again I refer to my previous comment about inanely banging on about democracy...

That said, I'm sure I don't need to lecture you democrats about my democratic right to vote for who I want to.

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Meh, we aren`t so shiny. Cameron`s govt (2013) took £24B of RM pension assets, Portugal (2011) took the pension assets of its largest banks, Hungary (2010) E14B of private pensions, Ireland (2009) banks were bailed out by 4.4B, France 33B from its national reserve pension fund.

More testicles used to tarnish someone.

You're correct; they're politicians so what do we expect? But the thing is you're missing the point. We have the choice to vote our home grown politicians out of office; tell me, how do I vote any EU politicians out of office, please. 

• EU citizens directly elect the members of the European Parliament, which is a ‘co-legislator’ in most areas of EU activity. In other words, its approval is generally needed for new EU laws. These elections also then shape the choice of European Commission President, who needs to have the approval of the Parliament;
  • Citizens can ask for specific new laws to be considered by the EU, through a European Citizens’ Initiative, although this has not resulted in any new laws to date;
  • Member countries have accepted that the EU creates a set of legal rights, not only for states, but also for EU citizens, which they can rely on in court (‘direct effect’) and which cannot be overridden by those states (‘supremacy’ or precedence).

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Still not clear where / what the question is!

Kalahari-'Right, the Liberal Democrats, who are so democratic they have stated that if a second vote was to leave they would ignore it. You really do have problems with democracy don't you.'

23 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

And I'm not sure what all the kerfuffle is about the LibDems in a GE, you didn't even include them in the list of voting options

Because they are an irrelevance , they will always be a marginal party, because they simply cant be trusted to deliver what they say.

25 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

and if you're so cock sure about the Leave majority then their policies are not really relevant to you, are they.

Im cock sure? You agreed with me ! And no they are not relevant , as I said.

27 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Again I refer to my previous comment about inanely banging on about democracy...

What like this ?

30 minutes ago, oowee said:

We are watching democracy in progress now working in the interest of our country. The mess is a result of the poorly formed ref in the first place. Lets not compound it. 

Obviously didnt read or understand the Spectator article, because your concept of democracy is somewhat skewed Sir.

The referendum was thought up, agreed upon , and administered with parliamentary approval and oversight.
Did any one disagree at the time that the options , or how it was carried out lacked clarity or integrity ?
So democracy was seen to be done, was it not ?

Until the vote , went the WRONG way :lol:

Then its suddenly NOT.

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Citizens can ask for specific new laws to be considered by the EU, through a European Citizens’ Initiative, although this has not resulted in any new laws to date;

🤣:lol: STOP !!! 🤡

Just been watching the usual remainer traitors in parliament working again to delay and frustrate the UK leaving the EU, we all (even those remainers who don’t want to accept it!) know democracy has spoken! The decision was given by parliament to, and subsequently made by the people of the UK, via a referendum, which resulted in the UK democratically voting to leave the EU!
These remainer MP’s should not be allowed to speak in Parliament against and/or influence any vote to frustrate Brexit.....they had their say prior to the referendum, the people decided! Remain lost! They should now uphold democracy, support the people, work to deliver Brexit.........or just shut up!

8 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Just been watching the usual remainer traitors in parliament working again to delay and frustrate the UK leaving the EU, we all (even those remainers who don’t want to accept it!) know democracy has spoken! The decision was given by parliament to, and subsequently made by the people of the UK, via a referendum, which resulted in the UK democratically voting to leave the EU!
These remainer MP’s should not be allowed to speak in Parliament against and/or influence any vote to frustrate Brexit.....they had their say prior to the referendum, the people decided! Remain lost! They should now uphold democracy, support the people, work to deliver Brexit.........or just shut up!

I am glad you are listening. Every Brexiteer should be forced to listen to this outrageous proposal. Look how we treat parts of the UK and look at what we are proposing to do to this great country.  

NI a semi detached part of the UK.  Shameful proposal.

They are upholding democracy. We live in a representative democracy and you are watching it in action. 

Edited by oowee

22 minutes ago, oowee said:
  • EU citizens directly elect the members of the European Parliament, which is a ‘co-legislator’ in most areas of EU activity. In other words, its approval is generally needed for new EU laws. These elections also then shape the choice of European Commission President, who needs to have the approval of the Parliament;
  • Citizens can ask for specific new laws to be considered by the EU, through a European Citizens’ Initiative, although this has not resulted in any new laws to date;
  • Member countries have accepted that the EU creates a set of legal rights, not only for states, but also for EU citizens, which they can rely on in court (‘direct effect’) and which cannot be overridden by those states (‘supremacy’ or precedence).

Ooooh, I've clearly been wrong all this time! 😂😂

32 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Kalahari-'Right, the Liberal Democrats, who are so democratic they have stated that if a second vote was to leave they would ignore it. You really do have problems with democracy don't you.'

In which case I answered the question in my original reply to the OP.

Because they are an irrelevance , they will always be a marginal party, because they simply cant be trusted to deliver what they say.

You do appreciate the irony of your profile pic and the above statement, not to mention the fact that the Lib Dems are being discussed here...

Im cock sure? You agreed with me ! And no they are not relevant , as I said.

I agreed with the leave majority in the polls. Nothing more.

What like this ?

Oh dear.

28 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Ah, selective democracy, as and when it suits, priceless.

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am glad you are listening. Every Brexiteer should be forced to listen to this outrageous proposal. Look how we treat parts of the UK and look at what we are proposing to do to this great country.  

NI a semi detached part of the UK.  Shameful proposal.

They are upholding democracy. We live in a representative democracy and you are watching it in action. 

I don’t agree! I am watching traitors at work...........The EU won’t give any “deal” which will be acceptable to the remainers in the UK Parliament, the remainers in the UK Parliament have frustrated the UK leaving without a “deal”........so there is no choice, in order for the UK government to deliver the democratic will of the people, the UK can only leave without a deal!

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Ah, selective democracy, as and when it suits, priceless.

Nope, there’s only one relevant democratic decision that was the result of the 2016 referendum....any moves made subsequently which are designed to subvert this, is anti democratic!

Nope! It’s your idea of democracy that Is selective! As in, despite a democratic vote being held, its only democratic, if you agree with it! 

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

In which case I answered the question in my original reply to the OP.

Jolly good , wasnt sure why you kept asking me about it.

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You do appreciate the irony of your profile pic and the above statement, not to mention the fact that the Lib Dems are being discussed here...

My profile pic is just that, and will stay up until we have left, but the second part I dont really understand what you mean, yes the lib dems are being discussed ? I didnt mention the BP , you did.

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I agreed with the leave majority in the polls. Nothing more.

Again, jolly good !

16 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Oh dear.

Youre doing that cryptic thing again arent you , does that mean you agree , disagree ...?

17 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I don’t agree! I am watching traitors at work...........The EU won’t give any “deal” which will be acceptable to the remainers in the UK Parliament, the remainers in the UK Parliament have frustrated the UK leaving without a “deal”........so there is no choice, in order for the UK government to deliver the democratic will of the people, the UK can only leave without a deal!

You might be right but there is no democratic mandate for no deal, so if you want out with no deal and really believe in democracy then back to the people must we go!

~20% of the public are in favour of no deal according to the polls (which appear to be in favour with Brexiteers today)

1 hour ago, Scully said:

You're correct; they're politicians so what do we expect? But the thing is you're missing the point. We have the choice to vote our home grown politicians out of office; tell me, how do I vote any EU politicians out of office, please. 

No you are, newbie/rewulf were using it to tarnish reputations and promote their ideas, I showed that neither we nor the other countries listed were innocent and that their ideas/arguments were ridiculous as all they were doing was mud slinging.

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

My profile pic is just that, and will stay up until we have left, but the second part I dont really understand what you mean, yes the lib dems are being discussed ? I didnt mention the BP , you did.

I wish I could draw pictures for you sometimes 😛 You claim the LDs are irrelevant but we were discussing them, nobody is even talking about the BP much, and it's surely not because Brexit is going to plan.

Youre doing that cryptic thing again arent you , does that mean you agree , disagree ...?

Oh dear is my polite version of pffft.

In other news we hear Brexiteers bemoaning a second vote which splits the leave vote, let's face it we don't need a second vote to see the cracks in the united front of Brexit:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-criticised-for-new-brexit-position-1-6332928

If the pro Brexit factions don't get their act together then it isn't going to end well for them. I really can't see Brexit happening unless there is a second vote.

23 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You might be right but there is no democratic mandate for no deal, so if you want out with no deal and really believe in democracy then back to the people must we go!

~20% of the public are in favour of no deal according to the polls (which appear to be in favour with Brexiteers today)

“If it doesn’t say something is included, it isn’t”.........there was nothing included in the referendum, which stipulated we could not leave without a deal! It is a remainer tactic to proffer something that was not in the original question.......as if it were!

7 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

“If it doesn’t say something is included, it isn’t”.........there was nothing included in the referendum, which stipulated we could not leave without a deal! It is a remainer tactic to proffer something that was not in the original question.......as if it were!

So why are NI being left out of this fairy land ?

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Because that’s the only “deal” on offer!.....therefore we should leave without a deal.....but our remainer Parliament won’t countenance that!....

The EU have offered other deals. Surely you mean it's the deal negotiated by Boris?

We could leave and stay in the customs union.