BREXIT

JohnfromUK

6 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

Will remainers do the honorable thing and accept the referendum result??

Is this an echo? 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Only Boris made a do or die promise of leaving on the 31st. Farage is waiting to eat into that brexit vote :w00t:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Newbie to this said:

And every remainer MP doing their best to undermine a democratic vote, all stood on manifestos to honour the referendum result!

And they would say that they are waiting for their opportunity to do it. Put a customs union on the table and brexit would be done. 

Just now, oowee said:

And they would say that they are waiting for their opportunity to do it. Put a customs union on the table and brexit would be done. 

No, quite a few are outright saying that they do not accept the result and would not accept another if it was leave. So hardly waiting for their opportunity to carry it out.

And a customs union is not Brexit.

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Farage is waiting to eat into that brexit vote

Is he ? 
I think you will find the tactical voting goes something like this .

If the cons can win the seat , do not vote against them.
If they cant win the seat, vote Brexit party.

https://www.oneuk.org/?fbclid=IwAR2uB_1SUP-vOLYQ1rjWpm64C9GAZ_2MbR35P1RdWVyGLV8BYLGwH8sdAwc

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Boris is on the news talking about an election, 12th of December.

Still can't see Labour going for it, or the SNP, where do we go when he can't force an election?

Talk of the government going on strike??

Boris could resign. 

Interesting article on the news of a shortage of EU workers to do the seasonal work on farms. 

Not at all. We knew from the start that Boris does not have the staying power or willingness to work through the detail.  He has failed to deliver for the Tories and clearly has no way forward. Time for a new leader with fresh creative new ideas and a more conciliatory style.  

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not at all. We knew from the start that Boris does not have the staying power or willingness to work through the detail.  He has failed to deliver for the Tories and clearly has no way forward. Time for a new leader with fresh creative new ideas and a more conciliatory style.  

You mean someone weaker. 

No thanks, May was weak, she got nothing and nowhere. 

You don't want conciliatory style, you want a surrender monkey. 

No. 

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

We were told Boris couldn't get a deal, he did.

We were told Boris couldn't get the backstop removed, he did.

We were told Boris couldn't get the WA reopened, he did.

Had Gove not stabbed him in the back he would have been PM 3 years ago and given the nature of his negotiations over the last few months I suspect we would have been out already with either a FTA or a better deal than the one that is on offer now.

May was conciliatory, trying to please both sides and look where that ended up.

Brexit required a strong and stubborn leader who either believed in it or was willing to push it regardless. May was neither of those. Boris on the other hand seems willing to be that figurehead.

Presuming he stays as PM and gets Brexit done then we shall see what kind of leader he is. I'm not a tory voter and I'm not a Boris fanboy, but he has surprised me in a positive fashion over his brief term as PM. We will have to see how history judges him.

Out of curiosity who do you suggest for leader?

Boris deal is stirring it over here, in his haste to please the EU and Irish government it could cause problems.

A Brexit deal that threatens the union between Great Britain and Northern Ireland could lead to civil disorder by loyalists, the head of the Police Service of Northern Ireland has said. Simon Byrne spoke to BBC Newsnight after Prime Minister Boris Johnson secured agreement.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Isn't that one of those huge trading nations that the UK can't hope to deal with outside of the EU?

On 23/10/2019 at 13:52, Raja Clavata said:

Which reminds me - "the forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the tress that since his handle was made of wood, he was one of them" - Anon.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light

But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light
'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Isn't that one of those huge trading nations that the UK can't hope to deal with outside of the EU?

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light

But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light
'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw.

Well done, I couldn’t be bothered to type that one out 🤣

3 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

We were told Boris couldn't get a deal, he did.

We were told Boris couldn't get the backstop removed, he did.

We were told Boris couldn't get the WA reopened, he did.

Had Gove not stabbed him in the back he would have been PM 3 years ago and given the nature of his negotiations over the last few months I suspect we would have been out already with either a FTA or a better deal than the one that is on offer now.

May was conciliatory, trying to please both sides and look where that ended up.

Brexit required a strong and stubborn leader who either believed in it or was willing to push it regardless. May was neither of those. Boris on the other hand seems willing to be that figurehead.

Presuming he stays as PM and gets Brexit done then we shall see what kind of leader he is. I'm not a tory voter and I'm not a Boris fanboy, but he has surprised me in a positive fashion over his brief term as PM. We will have to see how history judges him.

Out of curiosity who do you suggest for leader?

Boris came back with Mays deal but sacrificed NI for the UK. Hardly a sound move but I guess if your on the trail of lunacy every little counts. 

If he stays for the longer term I am sure it will not be long before the gaffs are flying. The bloke is a chancer. 

For leader. Merkel. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Boris came back with Mays deal but sacrificed NI for the UK. Hardly a sound move but I guess if your on the trail of lunacy every little counts. 

If he stays for the longer term I am sure it will not be long before the gaffs are flying. The bloke is a chancer. 

For leader. Merkel. 

It's significantly different to May's deal. This deal allows us after the transition period to just leave if we so desire. May's deal had us trapped in the backstop.

NI sacrificed? Maybe but then again we're going to lose it to Eire eventually, a generation or two at most.

0merkel.jpg