BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes they are aren't they?

It's a pity then that they don't mean anything.

Just now, panoma1 said:

So they’re “our” people then?

If you voted for them they are.

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

So who are “your” people?

My people? Anyone but Cummings and Johnson. Like Hilary Clinton, Johnson is one of these people that nobody should vote for on principle.

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Like we can build whatever ships we like on the Clyde. :)

If. We. So. Choose.

26 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Your people have got possession and complete control of the ball for the next 4+ years.

Keep up the divisive rhetoric, its worked well for you so far hasnt it? 😃

17 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

My people? Anyone but Cummings and Johnson. Like Hilary Clinton, Johnson is one of these people that nobody should vote for on principle.

Well as you didn't vote it wouldn't matter.

But if you did have a vote then you would have been in a small minority.

30 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

😄...and they say irony is dead...

The irony is... Its over, you are flogging a dead horse, besides the fact you aren't even resident here, plus the fact you've opposed leaving for whatever reason, you seem incapable of accepting the will of the UK populace. 

Bitching about how bad its going to be, and how we've 'messed up' is old, REALLY old 😂

It's making you look extremely bitter. 

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

you seem incapable of accepting the will of the UK populace. 

...the easiest trade deal in history...300 million a week...etc, etc. Show me in the Brexit campaign where there was any word about crashing out of the EU. There wasn't - so don't pretend there was.

And nobody has completely 'messed up' yet. The only problem is that it looks like the Britannia Unchained zealots are about to use the UK as an economic petri dish, and the result of that is going to incalculable. Even the government itself says that in the event of no deal the increase in red tape alone  - never mind tariffs and lost trade - will cost business 15 billion quid. https://www.ft.com/content/30c58758-e91e-11e9-a240-3b065ef5fc55

Or try this one - https://unctad.org/en/pages/newsdetails.aspx?OriginalVersionID=2176

2019-09-03_BREXIT_fig2_800x353.png

After 40 years of integration Brexit was always going to be difficult to pull off successfully. Pretending that problems don't exist and that it'll be perfectly fine to sail the ship into the ice, and accusing anyone that points out the massive icebergs in the ship's path of being negative Jonahs, won't change the facts one iota. 

But never mind. Let the band play on - reality will intrude soon enough.

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

...the easiest trade deal in history...300 million a week...etc, etc. Show me in the Brexit campaign where there was any word about crashing out of the EU. There wasn't - so don't pretend there was.

Maybe not in the Brexit campaign. Certainly in that leaflet that cost us £9 million. A shame none of us Brexiteers can read. If only we'd been able to read the leaflet then none of us would have voted to leave.:rolleyes:

Government-Referendum-Leaflet-4.png?fit=

7 hours ago, grrclark said:

I’ve removed the bulk of your quote to avoid duplication.  Never a truer word spoken on this or any other thread.

It is an issue that is not reserved to the media either, the profligacy of opinion dressed up as fact, mis-quotes, comments out of context, etc is overwhelming and even when genuine facts are presented they are lost in the mire.  No matter which side of the debate is being favoured the same holds true.

:good:

When in 2016 we voted to leave the FTSE was at about 6200 and it had been falling for about a year. As soon as the vote came through it rose and it is now around 7600.

You have to understand, the FTSE doesn't lie, its about knowledgeable people investing their own hard earned cash  where they think it will earn them more .

There are no fake pundits, money doesn't have a political view.

Watch what is important (the money markets)  and stop listening to A-holes 

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, we are free of all those useless free loaders in Brussels on their trumped up wages and crazy pensions ALL out of the citizens pockets.  Need more ????

Aren't we contributing to that until at least the end of this year?

17 hours ago, Vince Green said:

To be honest, I can't see a single negative. What's not good about it? As long as we don't get locked into some stupid exit deal that ties our hands forever and a day its all going really well

So it's all symbolic thus far.

15 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh that's what you are concerned about, shame the remoaners have been blaming those of us with the cahoonas to quit since the referendum.

Go sit in your kitchen and have another brandy, let those of us who are actually involved get on with making OUR country GREAT again!

Very insightful. As Retsdon has said numerous times, let's hope you all have the cahoonas to own the consequences once we transition from this symbolic phase and the reality unfolds.

I was wrong about Brexit and I hope I'm just as wrong about the medium to long term effects, time will tell.

I'll resist the temptation to ask how you are involved in getting on and making our country great again...

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'll resist the temptation to ask how you are involved in getting on and making our country great again...

Positive attitude, paying taxes, and raising children who don't require safe spaces and their bottoms wiping into their twenties. 

No one person can change the world, but you can change yourself for the better, positive action, creates positive action in others. 

Bleating on about racism, climate change and how 'right on' and diverse you are, achieves nothing. 

Be a good person, don't be a knob, and you might just make others follow, THEN you have contributed, made the world better, and created real change. 

Unfortunately we are contributing to it...BUT I don't agree with your  'at least'.  If the whole deal is not cut and shut by the end of this year there will be hell to play, anyhting could happen in this country because the quiet majority have had enough of the snivelling, whining from Remoaners.    OH NO !!!!!  Is it true the FA have decided the Cup this year will be the best of three?

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Positive attitude, paying taxes, and raising children who don't require safe spaces and their bottoms wiping into their twenties. 

No one person can change the world, but you can change yourself for the better, positive action, creates positive action in others. 

Bleating on about racism, climate change and how 'right on' and diverse you are, achieves nothing. 

Be a good person, don't be a knob, and you might just make others follow, THEN you have contributed, made the world better, and created real change. 

ABSOLUTELY   100%

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I agree but basically nothing to with, or at least contingent on, Brexit then...

17 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I agree but basically nothing to with, or at least contingent on, Brexit then...

That wasn't what you asked specifically, but.. 

If people in general feel better about their future, then it's so easier to feel positive about life in general. 

The fact that uncertainty is fading away, and direction of the country is once more, back in the hands of the country via the majority of the electorate {as it should be} is a cause for celebration. 

Exciting projects being discussed, control of borders regained, ARE creating positive feelings, the shadow of a grey labour government put to bed for the foreseeable future, and the chance of economic prosperity on the horizon. 

These are things to feel good about, we are a CAN DO nation again, BECAUSE of Brexit. 

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

all just feels like bluff and bluster at the moment.

It's been like that for 4 years! 

That's why it's refreshing to be actually moving forward. 

Remember when they were talking about Revoking article 50, or having another ref? When it clearly wasn't what the electorate wanted? 

THAT was the bluff and bluster, when the remain elements tried to attempt to subvert the process.