BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Agreed but as a nigh on lifelong Tory voter I can’t see me ever voting for them again.

Not voting is not an option to me so it’ll probably have to be Lib Dem. 

Oh dear you are going to upset a few with that kind of statement, are you deliberately trying to burst a few veins?

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Oh dear you are going to upset a few with that kind of statement, are you deliberately trying to burst a few veins?

😄 Not at all henry; we all vote the way we choose ( even my kids will do that even following a bribe! 😄) and then we honour the result, whatever that may be, because that is how democracy works; something which seems to have escaped those who lost the referendum result. 😉

13 minutes ago, henry d said:

Like I said, vote how you want, and reap what you sow.

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

😄 Not at all henry; we all vote the way we choose ( even my kids will do that even following a bribe! 😄) and then we honour the result, whatever that may be, because that is how democracy works; something which seems to have escaped those who lost the referendum result. 😉

Exactly.
Can anyone who thinks that what labour and the lib dems/SNP  have done is right  and proper, more importantly democratic, point out to me, a time in the last 100 years,  where a peoples vote has been so blatently ignored  in this country ?

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I’ll take being a learner over learned 👍

That starts with not repeating the mistakes of the past.

Lib dems are notorious for not honouring election pledges.

Its not as bad as all that, why not have a brexit referendum every three years, never be in or out of Europe. employ hundreds of people to waste thousands of hours negotiating our leaving or re-entry terms, all us old people will die to be replaced with new old people and so the natural circle of life goes on..and on...and

Just now, islandgun said:

Its not as bad as all that, why not have a brexit referendum every three years, never be in or out of Europe. employ hundreds of people to waste thousands of hours negotiating our leaving or re-entry terms, all us old people will die to be replaced with new old people and so the natural circle of life goes on..and on...and

The Olympics and the World Cup are 4 yearly, and of course there would be very little chance of Scotland qualifying for any of it!:P:rolleyes::whistling::yes::lol::good:

Mmmmmmmmmmh.

So now it seems that when a vote is passed in favour of the country doing something and the country decides that is the way to go by the number of votes cast in favour of that return, - anyone can now go back to challenge the Government who are charged with seeing that vote through. And now those same remainers all say that BOJO is not allowing the full and democratic process to be upheld - in their favour?????  Surely that is an absolute nonsense as regards the elecorate who democraticaly chose to leave the EU.  In other words MPS do not give a toss regarding what the electorate wants or votes in favour of.

Methinks heads will be rolling for many MPs in the coming times.

Deliver what the country has asked for and do it very soon please.:good:

We never had all this Palaver when the Bliar took the country into a wasted war - and he was telling great porkies all down the line.

my view on this

when you are right you are right (leave) - you only have that to stand by - that was the outcome of the referendum and that is fact

when you are wrong (leavers) - you are wrong on so many levels that you can twist and turn countless ways to make your own version of the truth. You can vehemently defend that version of the truth that you are currently supporting - and as the leave vote has only that one thing to stand by - the  remainers can choose multiple avenues of attack utilizing one of the many "fake" truths that they have contrived.

The trouble is that "normal" people see through this (a few people that I know that voted remain are now supporting leave because of everything that has happened), but normal people are now getting few and far between in this snowflake society that we have become.

Please don't think that I am attacking people here with this - everybody is allowed their own opinions on this issue - both sides have valid points etc - I am talking about our elected parliament, liberal elite and the media at large (with the odd exception)

32 minutes ago, discobob said:

my view on this

when you are right you are right (leave) - you only have that to stand by - that was the outcome of the referendum and that is fact

when you are wrong (leavers) - you are wrong on so many levels that you can twist and turn countless ways to make your own version of the truth. You can vehemently defend that version of the truth that you are currently supporting - and as the leave vote has only that one thing to stand by - the  remainers can choose multiple avenues of attack utilizing one of the many "fake" truths that they have contrived.

The trouble is that "normal" people see through this (a few people that I know that voted remain are now supporting leave because of everything that has happened), but normal people are now getting few and far between in this snowflake society that we have become.

Please don't think that I am attacking people here with this - everybody is allowed their own opinions on this issue - both sides have valid points etc - I am talking about our elected parliament, liberal elite and the media at large (with the odd exception)

Yes indeed friends of mine expressed exactly that view last week.

20 hours ago, Retsdon said:

This is a dream, not a plan. It's James Hacker....

No, there was never a conspiracy of any kind. Rather, given the constraints of May 's 'red lines' and the  EU rules that govern the single market, (which the UK had a very large part in writing in the first place, it might be added) the WA was the best that the negotiators could come up with in the time available to them. 

How do YOU know there was no conspiracy?  You have evidence?

trade-deals.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

This week the UK reached agreements with South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Eswatini and Mozambique for trade continuity after Brexit, ensuring deals will be signed worth £10 billion to the UK economy.

These new countries mean that Liz Truss’ Department for International Trade has reached agreements in the last few months with 44 countries and the Palestinian Authority. Guido brings you the full, ever growing list along with their population and GDP here…

Antigua and Barbuda 102,012 1.532 billion

Bahamas 395,361 12.16 billion

Barbados 285,719  4.797 billion

Belize 374,681 1.838 billion

Botswana 2.292 million 17.41 billion

Chile 18.95 million 277.1 billion

Colombia 49.07 million 309.2 billion

Costa Rica 4.906 million 57.06 billion

Dominica 73,925 562.5 million 

Dominican Republic 10.77 million 75.93 billion

Ecuador 16.62 million 103.1 billion

El Salvador 6.378 million 24.81 billion

Eswatini 1.367 million 4.409 billion

Faroe Islands 49,290 2.477 billion

Fiji 905,502 5.061 billion

Grenada 107,825 1.119 billion

Guatemala 16.91 million 75.62 billion

Guyana 777,859 3.676 billion

Haiti 10.98 million 8.408 billion

Honduras 9.265 million 22.98 billion

Iceland 338,349 23.91 billion

Israel 8.712 million 350.9 billion 

Jamaica 2.89 million 14.77 billion

Korea 51.47 million 1.531 trillion

Lesotho 2.233 million 2.639 billion

Lichenstein 37,810 6.289 billion

Madagascar 25.57 million 11.5 billion

Mauritius 1.265 million 13.34 billion

Mozambique 29.67 million 12.33 billion

Namibia 2.534 million 13.24 billion

Nicaragua 6.218 million 13.81 billion

Norway 5.258 million 398.8 billion

Palestinian Authority 4.817 million 15 billion

Panama 4.099 million 61.84 billion

Papua New Guinea 8.251 million 21.09 billion 

Peru 32.17 million 211.4 billion

Seychelles 95,843 1.486 billion

South Africa 56.72 million 349.4 billion

St Kitts and Nevis 55,345 945.9 million

St Lucia 178,844 1.712 billion

St Vincent and the Grenadines 109,897 789.6 million

Suriname 563,402 3.324 billion

Switzerland 8.42 million 678.9 billion

Trinidad and Tobago 1.369 million 22.1 billion

Zimbabwe 16.53 million 17.85 billion

Remainers said the UK would never sign these deals by Brexit day…

SOURCE:  Guido Fawkes

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

Remoaners may think that the above Trade Deals are relatively small potatoes, but, as Mao once said, "The journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step".....or, to quote Tesco, Every little bit helps!

Or why have steak when an ‘Iceland’ beef burger will suffice 

Gina Miller appears to have authorised her lawyers to 'instruct' MPs to return to parliament !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1176714/gina-miller-court-case-prorogue-parliament-suspension-unlawful-brexit-news

In true EU style, the unelected get to make the law and implement it now?
I can just about get my head round the pseudo legality that removed the bargaining chip of no deal, via a bunch of MPs that without the support of the electorate, seek to prevent any meaningful Brexit.
I struggle with the instruction from them to force the PM to ask for yet another extension, without any clear point to it, besides again , stopping us leaving altogether.

Threatening the PM with PRISON , if he fails to comply with the above instructions, really ?

“We note that the Prime Minister has stated in the Miller case that he "will take the necessary steps to comply with the terms of any declaration made by the court." (see paragraph 60 of the Prime Minister's Detailed Grounds and Skeleton Argument).

“Accordingly, please inform us what steps will be taken to reconvene Parliament with immediate effect.

“In our view, Parliament can simply resume its functions. We are copying this letter to the Speaker of both Houses of Parliament and to the claimants in the Scottish action.

Last week, Ms Miller said she "stands for everyone" after the High Court threw out her own case against Mr Johnson over his decision to shut down Parliament.

Do you not find it funny, that when the remainers want something passing, they seem to get it very quickly ?
Literally without pausing for breath, allowing for any appeal process, they want the law overturning, and parliament reconvened immediately.

TO DO WHAT ?

Parliament has been prorogued 4 DAYS earlier than usual !
what was so important about those 4 days ?
It will reconvene 2 weeks later than usual, what is so important about that ?
The fabled no confidence motion isnt going to happen , because that leads to an election, and we dont want one of those do we, they might kick their undemocratic bottoms out of those comfy seats ?
So what exactly makes this court case so news worthy today ?
And why should Parliament reconvene for 2 days ?

Because Gina Miller says so ?

As I was leaving for work this evening I had a copy of the Brexiteer through my letterbox!

I look forward to seeing what it says.

Interesting to hear reports of No 10 refusing to do a deal with the Brexit Party to ensure a tactical placement of assets, very disapointing!

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to hear reports of No 10 refusing to do a deal with the Brexit Party to ensure a tactical placement of assets, very disapointing!

Could it be they think they would be turkeys voting for Christmas if they went into a partnership??

Personally I think it would be the other way - it will only dilute the leave vote and may see the undemocratic lot get in - although it would be a coalition of 3 parties

49 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As I was leaving for work this evening I had a copy of the Brexiteer through my letterbox!

I look forward to seeing what it says.

hello, did you see the reply from a Conservative member on Mr Farage, !!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i hear the Labour party are going all out to remain, what about all those trade union supporters who voted for brexit feel about that, i would cancel my union membership payment or the % that goes to the Labour party funds, any thoughts PW members 

We did it over a decade ago (FBU), you can opt out of the labour party percentage, easy peasy.