BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I rather suspect (but don't have any proof) the German steel industry subsidy was part of the master plan to debilitate us by causing ours to wither away - along with heavy industries that used UK steel. The objective being to make us more vulnerable and less experienced to make ships and tanks etc like we were able to in WW2.

I don't think it was a decision based on military motives, its just a game of monopoly to them and they clearly don't mind cheating to win. However, the fact that they see us as a rival and not a partner is hugely revealing. All the EU cobblers about being a partnership crumbles to dust because they are not embracing the spirit of what the EU is supposed to be about. We are right to doubt their motives.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

We have a vote for leave that we did and do want. Should of already left. Swindon is a joke. If I win I'll do it if I lose I'll throw my toys out the pram and kick up a stink. She only knows democracy if she wins... 

What’s wrong with Swindon, i know the magic roundabout is mental, but beyond that it’s ok..... 😝

Swinson I cannot help but think of as a smug, condescending, patronising, self aggrandising student who is so chock full with her own superiority complex and entitlement that I want to throw her in the sea.

I am generally ridiculously reasonable to the point of annoyance, but I just cannot listen to her.

I wish her no real harm and applaud and admire her ambition and fortitude to become leader of her party, but I would genuinely toss her off a pier wall with glee.

All very funny - especially GordonR 😀.  Stunning good looks?  Do I need a trip to Specsavers - have you been already??? 

So where are we on the 'deal'?   Who wants to see a hard Brexit where the brits just pack all the toys up and retreat from the beach to the pub and who thinks some sort of deal is still possible?

Was on a call today with a large German corporate's exec team - in the opening pleasantries was an amused "how's Brexit going?" directed at me.  We all had a good laugh and then the German team mused that if the boot was on the other foot and it was their country trying to exit then it would be a similar story -= same leadership issues. 

It’s interesting, just now i am spending a lot of my time in an advisory capacity for private equity investors and whilst Brexit is of course a consideration in their target investments, there is very little hysteria, in fact to the contrary the UK leads the world in PE investment in the SME space.

8 hours ago, grrclark said:

What’s wrong with Swindon, i know the magic roundabout is mental, but beyond that it’s ok..... 😝

Swinson I cannot help but think of as a smug, condescending, patronising, self aggrandising student who is so chock full with her own superiority complex and entitlement that I want to throw her in the sea.

I am generally ridiculously reasonable to the point of annoyance, but I just cannot listen to her.

I wish her no real harm and applaud and admire her ambition and fortitude to become leader of her party, but I would genuinely toss her off a pier wall with glee.

Don't start me on that round about 😁

She can have ambition to become leader, but maybe not of a party with democrat in the name.. 

I am surprised that we are still being very British about all of this. Look at what's reported in Hong Kong, how the French act with the yellow vests etc. Can't be long until it happens here surely?? 

8 hours ago, grrclark said:

good post says it all

10 hours ago, henry d said:

What, zer Germans are going to attack? Riddle of the sands? Get a grip yourself you xenophobe.

No - I feel there is SOME possibility of the EU  - which wants to politically govern the whole of Europe - POSSIBLY holding us to ransom or at some time in the future taking us by force.

If our ability to produce steel and heavy defensive machinery is deliberately allowed to deplete it would fit in well with their expansionist plans and be a dereliction of our government  - which is becoming a problem that you would seem to endorse. Only a muppet would allow us to compromise our ability to defend the nation.

Edited by Dave-G

22 hours ago, Rewulf said:

THAT statement, like a mini project fear for shooters, is both inaccurate , and grossly misleading.

Most of the EXPENSIVE end of the gun market comes from the EU.

More powder comes out the States than the EU .
The raw materials to make that powder DO NOT originate in the EU.

Cartridge manufacture is both British and US dominated in this country.

Ive just looked in my cabinet, out of 7 firearms, 2 , a CZ and a Beretta , originate from the EU, the rest are American or Turkish.

American firearms market is 100x the size of the EUs at a conservative estimate.
So to say that EVERYTHING comes out the EU ? Well makes the rest of your argument pointless.

But the best bit ?
The EU and its policy toward firearm ownership, is highly negative, which makes your argument not only wrong , but misleading.

I agree with that. But you you don’t mention the biggest hole the the picture of Armageddon is the fact that vat is not applicable to exports going outside the eu.

33 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

No - I feel there is SOME possibility of the EU  - which wants to politically govern the whole of Europe - POSSIBLY holding us to ransom or at some time in the future taking us by force.

If our ability to produce steel and heavy defensive machinery is deliberately allowed to deplete it would fit in well with their expansionist plans and be a dereliction of our government  - which is becoming a problem that you would seem to endorse. Only a muppet would allow us to compromise our ability to defend the nation.

Where can we get to see these plans? Brussels town hall, library, cunning plan department of sneaky HQ?

14 hours ago, JRDS said:

What amazes me is that anyone in their right mind wants to Remain unless they personally benefit financially.  After we ditch the EU the next job is sorting our whole broken Political disgrace of a Parliament and the Lords.

That would be everyone in the UK then. 

Lets get PR on the statute and draw up a constitution 

52 minutes ago, oowee said:

That would be everyone in the UK then. 

Lets get PR on the statute and draw up a constitution 

What a ridiculous statement.

Starter for 10 nobody can even quantify what is costs to have 3.5 million EU citizens living here with free education, Health care, numerous different benefits, Prison costs etc etc etc.  Have you heard of social costs, they would trump financial anyway for many people negatively impacted by unlimited EU immigration.

We get @ third back of what we put in and don't give me all the free trade rubbish the 'Free Market' just means the UK tax payer pays businesses import duties there is nothing free about it.  It costs taxpayers @ 13 Billion a year plus all the unquantified economic and social costs in my second sentence.

Edited by JRDS

6 minutes ago, JRDS said:

What a ridiculous statement.

Starter for 10 nobody can even quantify what is costs to have 3.5 million EU citizens living here with free education, Health care, numerous different benefits, Prison costs etc etc etc

Have you heard of social costs, they would trump financial anyway for many people negatively impacted by unlimited EU immigration.

1st part has been evidenced positive for uk. 2nd part no evidence have you? Either way will be far lower than cost of future immigration from sub continent. 

Edited by oowee

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

1st part has been evidenced positive for uk

No it hasnt ! Evidence ?

Even that bastion of remain thinking , Full Fact, has been forced to admit, that it cannot prove theres any financial benefit to EU migration.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

2nd part no evidence have you?

No evidence ? Its right there before your eyes, well not yours , because you live in the North Somerset countryside.
The NHS creaking under the strain, schools overflowing and spending a huge part of their budget on translation.
Housing ? Lets not even go there.
Crime ? Up in all the migrant areas , as frictions between different cultures become evident.

No social cost ? Please !

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Where can we get to see these plans? Brussels town hall, library, cunning plan department of sneaky HQ?

If you have missed all the advisories? about a unified/united/European Union you have been living in cloud denial land Henry. Guess what EU stands for. :rolleyes:

I can't get the links because they keep getting taken down - wonder who wants to cover up the recent news about handing over our forces to the EU army? they may not be true, but I've not seen any denials - just efforts to keep it concealed like all the other issues about the 'common market' we voted to join.

I think that's the first time I've used a roll eyes on this forum.

47 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I can't get the links because they keep getting taken down - wonder who wants to cover up the recent news about handing over our forces to the EU army? they may not be true, but I've not seen any denials - just efforts to keep it concealed like all the other issues about the 'common market' we voted to join.

Really, this is getting like the FE society. Next time you see these top secret plans, take a screen grab and let us know where they originated from, probably area 51.

21 minutes ago, Mice! said:

wp_ss_20190918_0001.png.c9568b7fe432913ef520316266d22645.png

...but well behind Germany and not much past France and Italy... (GDP)

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

No it hasnt ! Evidence ?

Even that bastion of remain thinking , Full Fact, has been forced to admit, that it cannot prove theres any financial benefit to EU migration.

No evidence ? Its right there before your eyes, well not yours , because you live in the North Somerset countryside.
The NHS creaking under the strain, schools overflowing and spending a huge part of their budget on translation.
Housing ? Lets not even go there.
Crime ? Up in all the migrant areas , as frictions between different cultures become evident.

No social cost ? Please !

All examples of govt mis management of chhange. Failing to get a grip of the problem. Two party polotucs ahort term thinking and a populus happy with a loaf of bread.