BREXIT

JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

How do you know?

Know what?

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surprise surprise the Labour party and its governing body have been unable to decide which way they wish to proceed with Brexit or Remain!:rolleyes:

And have passed a notion to abolish private schools!? I reckon at this rate both the Tories and Labour could implode by 1st Nov.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

In a nutshell: Because with few exceptions, the likes of JRM & Co. and those who have already retired, we are ALL gonna be worse off. Some are gonna be hit really hard, and I don’t much fancy bailing out the very turkeys who voted for Christmas.

Really? And you know that for sure do you? So it comes down to your personal finances then? 

I’ve lived through some genuine hardships during my life, which I won’t bore you with here, but I’m still here alive and kicking.

I can’t think of anything leaving the EU without a deal, could bring, which could be any worse than anything I’ve already been through.

I think it’s time some people grew some. 

Edited by Scully

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

And have passed a notion to abolish private schools!? I reckon at this rate both the Tories and Labour could implode by 1st Nov.

How absolutely awful, so many of them have their children at these places and now they will have to start to hide the facts again like they used to!

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Really? And you know that for sure do you? So it comes down to your personal finances then? 

I’ve lived through some genuine hardships during my life, which I won’t bore you with here, but I’m still here alive and kicking.

I can’t think of anything leaving the EU without a deal, could bring, which could be any worse than anything I’ve already been through.

Yes really but no not personal finances, that’s not the point. The point is that a significant proportion of those that voted for Brexit will be hit hard and inflicting self harm. I’m gonna be ok either way, this is not about personal interest but public interest.

i admire your no deal optimism.

Not about growing some at all.

Well bully for you. There are a lot less fortunate than you and i. This will hit the poorest hardest. Businesses will go under. Fdi will virtualy stop and what is here now, working on tight margins will go. Tax income will reduce meaning less money for education and services. Wages will go down as we seek competetive rates. We will have to open markets where we do not want to and we will negotiate poorer trade deals than our neighbour the EU. 

Project fear i can hear it now. Tell me why i am wrong. 

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Yes really but no not personal finances, that’s not the point. The point is that a significant proportion of those that voted for Brexit will be hit hard and inflicting self harm. I’m gonna be ok either way, this is not about personal interest but public interest.

So you are the messiah, the saviour of those who are too stupid to choose what is good for them? How arrogant!

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I believe with many remainers ( especially those who regard themselves as part of the social elite) it’s all about personal financial loss or gain. 

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

So you are the messiah, the saviour of those who are too stupid to choose what is good for them? How arrogant!

We should keep religion out of it but you couldn’t be further off the mark regarding the messiah comment.

Keep the insults coming.

PS - have you figured out the flaws in your fish / pond analogy yet?

I believe with many remainers ( especially those who regard themselves as part of the social elite) it’s all about personal financial loss or gain. 

Well I’m certainly not part of any social elite. Ironically I believe pretty much the same is true of the elite behind Brexit who used the frustrations of the man on the street to vote for Brexit which will ultimately make that element of the elite even more elite, driving more people into poverty which will in turn burden those of us in the middle ground helping the impoverished through taxes and the like.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

We should keep religion out of it but you couldn’t be further off the mark regarding the messiah comment.

Keep the insults coming.

PS - have you figured out the flaws in your fish / pond analogy yet?

Nope! You seem to like to educate those who you claim need educating............so why don’t you enlighten me?

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

Well bully for you. There are a lot less fortunate than you and i. This will hit the poorest hardest. Businesses will go under. Fdi will virtualy stop and what is here now, working on tight margins will go. Tax income will reduce meaning less money for education and services. Wages will go down as we seek competetive rates. We will have to open markets where we do not want to and we will negotiate poorer trade deals than our neighbour the EU. 

Project fear i can hear it now. Tell me why i am wrong. 

More like Project “what the majority of the available data points to”👍

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Nope! You seem to like to educate those who you claim need educating............so why don’t you enlighten me?

If you read back through this thread and the locked one you’ll see numerous references from a certain poster directly stating that I’m the one who needs educating. 

Up to now I have not intentionally implied or claimed that anyone else needs educating but in the case of the fish / pond analogy, having already stated the correct interpretation of the UK both in and out of the EU, I humbly suggest you’ll get much better satisfaction from working it out for yourself.

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Conjecture, doom mongering, heard it all 3 years ago, didn't care then, dont care now. 

Still voted leave, along with all those 'poor' people you care about so much.