AirArms Galahad

Ttfjlc

Evening all, I went to see the gunsmith who's been fine tuning my hw100 for me and while there he had a Galahad at the front of his gun rack, very conveniently placed for me to see in fact :lol:. He went on to tell me it will be for sale soon, what surprised me most was the weight of the gun, being a bullpup I thought it'd be a lot lighter than it was however I didn't want to put it down, does anyone on here own one? I was wondering what the reliability was like, I have read some reviews saying how ugly it is but I personally love how it looks! 

3 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Evening all, I went to see the gunsmith who's been fine tuning my hw100 for me and while there he had a Galahad at the front of his gun rack, very conveniently placed for me to see in fact . He went on to tell me it will be for sale soon, what surprised me most was the weight of the gun, being a bullpup I thought it'd be a lot lighter than it was however I didn't want to put it down, does anyone on here own one? I was wondering what the reliability was like, I have read some reviews saying how ugly it is but I personally love how it looks! 

Haven't seen one in the flesh, i like the look but what sort of money are you talking? Would you not prefer a FX?

And your gun smith is sneaky 😂😂 

16 minutes ago, figgy said:

Not heard anything on reliability issues. I'm not a fan of bullpup guns as the weight is up high and scope higher again.  Skeleton guns like impact make more sense as a compromise. 

If you like it buy it.

It comes with a built in spirit level though figgy to keep it upright :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Haven't seen one in the flesh, i like the look but what sort of money are you talking? Would you not prefer a FX?

And your gun smith is sneaky 😂😂 

Around £900 pal, I'd probably want an FX Wildcat if he had one of those in the rack as well :lol:. It's a walnut version with a £100 scope and a hugget moderater, he knows how to price things right, I'd have to sell the hw100 to help fund it that's the dilemma I'm in. :no:

52 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

It comes with a built in spirit level though figgy to keep it upright 

Around £900 pal, I'd probably want an FX Wildcat if he had one of those in the rack as well . It's a walnut version with a £100 scope and a hugget moderater, he knows how to price things right, I'd have to sell the hw100 to help fund it that's the dilemma I'm in. 

he's got you on the hook!!

@bruno22rf so Bruno, what are your thoughts on the galahad?? 

And how is the Wildcat treating you?

13 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Hw 100 would out last and out shoot it, so don't part with your money 

Well that's what I thought when I got the gun, I'll simplify it as best as I can,

I wasn't happy with accuracy.

Gunsmith confirms regulator set at 120 bar which is the highest one he'd seen.

He winds it down to around 90 bar but takes half a minute once fired to return to 90 bar.

Gunsmith believes he's sorted it however only getting 32 good shots per fill.

Gunsmith checks his own work with the company HW100tuning, everything seems to check out but shot count is really low.

Gunsmith then finds what appears to be a nick in the valve so hoping all will be cured.

The upside of all this is he's been giving me different air rifles to play with to keep me occupied, started with an S400 superlite, a lovely gun but didn't feel quite right however pretty darn accurate. A Kral Puncher Breaker was next, best way to describe the accuracy would be like bowling a ball which then jumps over to the next lane to knock over your friend's pins. Latest gun is an S410, this simply fits like a glove, is well built and is happy to hug JSB Heavies closely together all day long at 40 yards. 

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

he's got you on the hook!!

@bruno22rf so Bruno, what are your thoughts on the galahad?? 

And how is the Wildcat treating you?

Doesn't take much Mice! It simply caught my eye and like I said I didn't want to give it back, to add to what I've posted before, I'm hoping once I get my hw100 back to then see a bit better accuracy before I make a decision, oh and the Galahad is the artillery style .22 rather than the Laser like .177! 😱:lol:

Edited by Ttfjlc

Mice - the Wildcat and I are firmly in love after she shot 5/5 in the 10 ring yesterday morning - don't think I've ever done that before. The Galahad though? now that's gotta be a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder - I must have my eyes closed when I look at pictures of it - looks like the Bella Emberg of the Airgun world to me. The S410 is a superb rifle - if AA doubled the price than absolutely everybody would want one but because they are relatively cheap and thus plentiful, they are often overlooked for more expensive inferior alternatives. Buy the S410 and fit a Reg - doesn't really need one but you will always wonder if it would be better with one fitted (it wont) - my carbine, according to the shop that serviced it, is shooting 50 ish rounds with a max deviation of 7fps - I had sent it to have a service and a Reg fitting but they advised me to save my money.

53 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Mice - the Wildcat and I are firmly in love after she shot 5/5 in the 10 ring yesterday morning - don't think I've ever done that before

53 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

according to the shop that serviced it, is shooting 50 ish rounds with a max deviation of 7fps - I had sent it to have a service and a Reg fitting but they advised me to save my money.

sounds good, look out squirrels 👍 

must be a good shop as well 👍👍 

Going to try the Wildcat on the squizzers, Mice, cannot warrant all that money just cos she is pleasing on the eye! She dropped her first Magpie a few days ago - forgotten how little hold over for 50 yards with a .177 and I could actually see the first 2! shots sail over it's head - No3 found the target and his mate joined me watching him fall to the ground.Good shop!! The best m8 - North Bucks Range, formerly Gun & Country - Steve and Ken are genuine good guys, never feel obliged to buy anything and always willing to put the kettle on and chat for hours.

For £900 I'd be ordering a FX Dreamline lite. If you like bullpups order the Dreamline bullpup.

The anti cant bubble is just one more thing to look at and think about. Now with range finders and mil dots we have lots to do before even taking the shot. Years ago I used a simple duplex reticle and all hold over and alliwance for wind was calculated in my head as I lined up the shot. I never missed any more than I do now.

Edited by figgy

Well just watched airgungearshow and Andy's airgun reviews on the FX dreamlite and both seemed impressed with it and so was I, then I was about to watch Andy's review on the FX dreamlite bullpup which I'm also keen on but lost the TV rights so will have to wait til later. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

You would probably only pay a third of that price for a nicely looked after AA S200 which will do the same job in spades....£1300 smackers for an air rifle...is that crazy or what.

My AA S200 keeps rolling them over if I do my job.

If I get a few more permissions to justify another air rifle the S200 would be a contender, it's a shame AirArms don't import the CZ200 as I'm sure that would do very well. 

Met a chap down club the other day got a dreamline - producing superb groups but all over the target! 5 shot one hole group then stop for a chat/fiddle/reload and the next 5 shot one hole group would be several inches from the last - several hours of investigation revealed that the barrel/collar that fit into the receiver were moving quite freely when in place and the barrel could visibly move from side to side! Not what you would expect from such a premium product and, from what I have since heard, the dealer is liaising with the supplier but not willing to replace the rifle as they are hard to source. BTW totally agree with Walker570 re the S200 - has to be one of the most under estimated / over looked Guns of all time.......bit like the A10 of the Aircraft world.....ugly.....but well hung!!

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Met a chap down club the other day got a dreamline - producing superb groups but all over the target! 5 shot one hole group then stop for a chat/fiddle/reload and the next 5 shot one hole group would be several inches from the last - several hours of investigation revealed that the barrel/collar that fit into the receiver were moving quite freely when in place and the barrel could visibly move from side to side! Not what you would expect from such a premium product and, from what I have since heard, the dealer is liaising with the supplier but not willing to replace the rifle as they are hard to source. BTW totally agree with Walker570 re the S200 - has to be one of the most under estimated / over looked Guns of all time.......bit like the A10 of the Aircraft world.....ugly.....but well hung!!

I personally will wait for a while to see how reliable some of these higher end guns are before deciding, my luck with guns is if there's a fault which only occurs 1 in 1000 it'd be the one I bought! :lol: While looking at the Galahad my gunsmith was telling me they've had 4 impacts returned for various reasons whereas the Wildcats seem to be pretty good. I'm really hoping he sorts my hw100, it's been nice of him to lend me various air rifles but it's made me realise how good the trigger is on mine.

17 hours ago, Chaz25 said:

Only handled a Galahad, looked awesome then I picked it up and thought jesus! for this weight I would want it to burn powder.

I know shots into trees wouldn't be a problem but I'd struggle with standing unsupported shots at rabbits that's for sure! :lol:

2 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

I know shots into trees wouldn't be a problem but I'd struggle with standing unsupported shots at rabbits that's for sure! 

:)I was tempted myself as it was up for sale, but to much of a lump for my taste, so I got a gunpower  stealth  instead, not the most perfect of creations but it suits me.

Edited by Chaz25

26 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

I was tempted myself as it was up for sale, but to much of a lump for my taste, so I got a gunpower  stealth  instead, not the most perfect of creations but it suits me.

As long as you're happy with it that's all that matters, I believe my enthusiasm for the Galahad is waning, a nice little S200 might suit next year, now if my RFD had an FX Wildcat MK2 in the gun rack I may of wee'd myself in excitement. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

As long as you're happy with it that's all that matters, I believe my enthusiasm for the Galahad is waning, a nice little S200 might suit next year, now if my RFD had an FX Wildcat MK2 in the gun rack I may of wee'd myself in excitement. 

So have you got your rifle back yet? Or is the gunsmith still trying to tempt you?

35 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

As long as you're happy with it that's all that matters, I believe my enthusiasm for the Galahad is waning, a nice little S200 might suit next year, now if my RFD had an FX Wildcat MK2 in the gun rack I may of wee'd myself in excitement. 

Ho yeah! I'm happy with it, its a great little thing! I'm with you with the wildcat being drool worthy.