Just one problem.

JDog

Reading with interest the topic of seats for the hide I was struck by the idea of an adjustable drummer's seat. Ebay had lots and I chose the cheapest which arrived today. It was £9.99.

The package was very small and I began to think that I had been scammed by someone sending a miniature but no, when I assembled the constituent parts out popped a pretty sturdy seat which was adjustable to a height which suits me fine and the top does revolve for perfect hide mobility. It fits in a smallish bag and will be useful for hard ground shooting.

The problem is there are no pigeons in the Wolds at the moment though it may get a maiden outing with Mighty Mariner later in the week.

seat 1.jpg

seat 2.jpg

Edited by JDog

That'll work.  Nice and light to carry. Just make some round flat feet for it to replace those rubber items. They could then also swivel slightly to adjust to the terrain.

In fact they don't have to be round, just some 3 inch square plate would do with a couple of pieces welded on and drilled to slide either side the leg and a small bolt through.

Edited by Walker570

Whilst I agree with somehow putting larger feet on, but to weld something on would add further weight, defeating the object of its lightness.

Can I suggest just three of those plastic protectors that you put under furniture. Cheap and light. I use them on a lightweight seat that I`ve got when having to carry everything to the hide.

Just an idea.

OB

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2019 at 17:17, JDog said:

I had three pieces of angle iron cut to extend the area of the feet as suggested. The result is not pretty but it will work.

Pictures stool.jpg

That`s got to be one of Ditchy`s lovely little Opinel knife reincarnations on the right hand side of your desk, just below the dog sign. 

On 17/10/2019 at 15:29, JDog said:

OB, it is. I use it all the time. I believe it was your antler wasn’t it?

As for the seat, it is the best one I have ever had.

Guilty as charged regarding the antler bit, but only after many had been rejected by Ditchy.

That seat does look comfortable. That’s a good bit of improvisation, well done.

On 06/09/2019 at 17:17, JDog said:

I had three pieces of angle iron cut to extend the area of the feet as suggested. The result is not pretty but it will work.

Pictures stool.jpg

If you PM me the size of the angle iron on the feet, I can cut you 3 pieces off some aluminium angle that I have. It is slightly wider too.  W.

• 2 months later...
On 17/10/2019 at 15:29, JDog said:

OB, it is. I use it all the time. I believe it was your antler wasn’t it?

As for the seat, it is the best one I have ever had.

would be very interested in the outing report on this new piece of equipment....when the time comes ..:good:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

would be very interested in the outing report on this new piece of equipment....when the time comes ..:good:

Westley very kindly sent me some right angled aluminium pieces for the feet which I have fixed on and they look good. If I am up to it I will have a short day on Saturday in the company of two PW carers and if the seat is used I will report back.

Edited by JDog

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

Wesley very kindly sent me some right angled aluminium pieces for the feet which I have fixed on and they look good. If I am up to it I will have a short day on Saturday in the company of two PW carers and if the seat is used I will report back.

oooohhhh   only 3 more sleeps to saturday ....well done boy