Good shoot on this side.

With dove it’s best to have as many people in the field as possible.  This was a smaller 38 acre field.  You fill the perimeter and the scatter guys throughout the middle and to dove will circle instead of land.  You always have better shoots like that.  But yes small private fields are fun also.  But it’s still a good time.  

16 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Do you eat them? If so how do you know which birds are yours? (The ones you have shot) I assume you pick them up immediately?

It’s very friendly.  Immediately after the bird hits you grab them.  If someone else grabs it then it’s theirs.  No one fights for them.  Most people only breast them. It’s a very friendly atmosphere.  If you have new shooters or youngsters then you make sure they get some.  

9 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Its the pump closest with the action closed and matey with what looks like a sxs behind. He can be 100ft away, still wouldn't be near that guy. 

That guy closest to the camera was vaporizing birds with a extrafull choke.  He was on fire.  

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

I sometimes wonder how us Brits ever get to shoot anything! Have you never shared a hide? 

Yes plenty of times. Been on hundreds of shoots as well. But didn't stand next to anybody with a closed pump with it slung over his shoulder facing back around at head height. An extra 45 degrees would of made it safer for everybody wouldn't you agree? 

24 minutes ago, figgy said:

Is it like wildfowling in the USA, as a couple of birds fly over 8 or 10 guns open up with a full salvo. No one knows who shot what.

Yeah and no.  NC plants a bunch of public fields.  They are all slammed opening day. Some the free ones are crowded.  But some fields are $7 to $14.  Those are open  and with few people.  Some of the private fields cost up to $75.  But it’s not hard to claim a bird.  Sometimes 3 or more people will make contact with a bird but nobody argues over them.  

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

😃😎👍

Looks great! 

Until you plan an outing and have to take two separate sets of clothes. 😂 

4 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Yes plenty of times. Been on hundreds of shoots as well. But didn't stand next to anybody with a closed pump with it slung over his shoulder facing back around at head height. An extra 45 degrees would of made it safer for everybody wouldn't you agree? 

That’s not much that away for 20 miles.  

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm sure no one ever clips them... 🤭

I have personally never saw anyone shoot a bird off the line but I’m sure it has happened.  Especially since the liberals have started to take up hunting. There is a huge push in the USA right now from the loony left where they are growing micro farms and harvesting natural meat.  Let me tell you,  those guys are completely retarded when it comes to firearms.  They were raised in homes by libtards that never taught them gun safety and holy hell its bad at the range.  If you see a guy with a man bun, Capri pants, and a shotgun watch out.  Better yet when you pull into the parking lot of the clay field look for Subaru outbacks with Bernie Sanders bumper stickers.  Just pull on out to save yourself.