Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pickerup

game dealer

Recommended Posts

Anybody know of a game dealer who will pick up frozen pigeons in the midlands area, and how much they are paying for them.

thanks  p/u. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pickerup said:

Anybody know of a game dealer who will pick up frozen pigeons in the midlands area, and how much they are paying for them.

thanks  p/u. 

Try Willo game in Shropshire, they pick up fresh birds, don't know about frozen......tel; 01588 650119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pickerup said:

Anybody know of a game dealer who will pick up frozen pigeons in the midlands area, and how much they are paying for them.

thanks  p/u. 

Same as a lot of game nowadays it down to supply and demand , if the dealers are well stocked with fresh pigeons you might have to pay them to come and get what you have got .

Around here you can expect around 10p for a delivered frozen pigeon to the dealer ( and our dealer is over 40 miles away ) , so if you have got say 200 that would be £20 , if they collected then it would cost them more than that, so like I say you might have to pay them , don't give up your day job 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twenty said:

Try Willo game in Shropshire, they pick up fresh birds, don't know about frozen......tel; 01588 650119

They use to pick up from me but the last time I delivered, I had an email last summer that they had gone out of business. I hope they will start collecting again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

They use to pick up from me but the last time I delivered, I had an email last summer that they had gone out of business. I hope they will start collecting again.

They were still picking up game and pigeon from us in February this year, and their website is still active,....hope they haven't gone out of business though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twenty said:

They were still picking up game and pigeon from us in February this year, and their website is still active,....hope they haven't gone out of business though.

Yes I checked website and all looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2019 at 20:05, twenty said:

They were still picking up game and pigeon from us in February this year, and their website is still active,....hope they haven't gone out of business though.

I see they are asking for some basic requirements (game hygiene certificate) before accepting any game, do you have to comply with these requirements as a small supplier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old'un said:

I see they are asking for some basic requirements (game hygiene certificate) before accepting any game, do you have to comply with these requirements as a small supplier?

I've always had to show my certificate, even though they have me on file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I've always had to show my certificate, even though they have me on file. 

Is that on any quantity fresh or frozen?

I take most of my pigeons over to a mate and he then takes them to Sporting Supplies at Bloxwich, he as never been asked for a game hygiene certificate and neither have I.  

Edited by old'un

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old'un said:

Is that on any quantity fresh or frozen?

I take most of my pigeons over to a mate and he then takes them to Sporting Supplies at Bloxwich, he as never been asked for a game hygiene certificate and neither have I.  

My pick up or deliveries are usually between 6 to 8 hundred and frozen. In the past I've used various dealers and have had to comply with the regulations in force. I'd be cautious of what I state on a open forum. As Bunny_Blaster had a call from the Food Standards Agency after someone informed them that he was dealing in pigeons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But did he get that call from a post on a forum or a nosey neighbour? Don’t think I will let it worry me to much but I bet your reply as got a few pigeon shooters scratching their heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, old'un said:

But did he get that call from a post on a forum or a nosey neighbour? Don’t think I will let it worry me to much but I bet your reply as got a few pigeon shooters scratching their heads.

I'm not sure, using SS at Bloxwich your not dealing with the game dealer so it may not apply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:28, old'un said:

I see they are asking for some basic requirements (game hygiene certificate) before accepting any game, do you have to comply with these requirements as a small supplier?

We have a game hygiene certificate, and this was required to be produced before they collected from us,.......once they have your details, that's it, they don't require to see it on each collection.......they collect all our Duck, Pheasant, and pigeon whenever required during the shooting season, and pigeon, in realistic numbers, any other time of the year.

 

Edited by twenty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...