People's most hated songs

washerboy

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

anything to do with smurfs or terry wogan...and the gut wrenching song "grand-dad"

oh......and rolf harris 2 little boys....

and anything buy paul mcartny........

Totally agree there Ditchy.

However, my most hated song, which appeared as one of your favourites, is Bill Withers - Lovely Day.

I just cannot stand how it goes on at the end with ' a lovely daaaaaaaaaaay', etc etc. I just have to turn it off whenever it comes on. Sorry.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Damien The Time warp, you have to hear it or worse see the video to understand why its number 1

2 ANYTHING by Ed Sheeran

3 ANYTHING by Emineminem.

4 Hey Mickey Toni Basil, Dire American pop.

5 The Chain Fleetwood Mac, Only because the F1 theme is at the end and you have to listen to the rest of song which is **** before the best bit starts

Oh and the people who mentioned the timeless piece of classic synth neveaux Vienna by Ultravox in their lists your heathens and philistines:hmm:

Edited by fatchap

23 hours ago, ditchman said:

anything to do with smurfs or terry wogan...and the gut wrenching song "grand-dad"

oh......and rolf harris 2 little boys....

and anything buy paul mcartny........:sick:

The above, Paul MCartney (e,g. Frog Chorus) he was incredibly lucky to be in the same band as John Lennon.

U2 after Joshua Tree (which was a classic album and against which all subsequent songs should be compared)

All Rap x 6

I agree "Go Compare" the most irritating TV commercial out of a very long line of really, really, irritating TV commercials!

Jedward and all their songs

Edited by martinj

All rap

2 old ones which pop up now and again, 

Honey (not sure of the title but you will all recognise it from the first line, "see the tree how big its grown" It's been responsible for the death of two transistor radios.

And 

Deck of cards by some american nugget and maybe Terry Wogan did a UK version.

Remembered another one.............. Think it was Johnny (Vroom vroom) again from the first line " He rode into the night accelerated his motor bike yada yada yada.

Surprised the suicide rate among young impressionable girls did not soar.

6 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

All rap

2 old ones which pop up now and again, 

Honey (not sure of the title but you will all recognise it from the first line, "see the tree how big its grown" It's been responsible for the death of two transistor radios.

And 

Deck of cards by some american nugget and maybe Terry Wogan did a UK version.

Remembered another one.............. Think it was Johnny (Vroom vroom) again from the first line " He rode into the night accelerated his motor bike yada yada yada.

Surprised the suicide rate among young impressionable girls did not soar.

I agree with you on Bobby Goldsboro, and anything else by him as well.

The UK version of DoC was by Max Bygraves but I’m ashamed to admit knowing that one.

The 3rd one was Terry by Twinkle, I don’t mind that, at least it’s better than Leader of the Pack.

17 hours ago, Mighty Ruler said:

I agree with you on Bobby Goldsboro, and anything else by him as well.

The UK version of DoC was by Max Bygraves but I’m ashamed to admit knowing that one. 😕 Shake your head

The 3rd one was Terry by Twinkle, I don’t mind that, at least it’s better than Leader of the Pack.

Thanks for that MR I shall now spend the rest of the year trying to forget all of that. Although its been a gazillion years since I heard any of the songs quoted/misquoted, was surprised I remembered them at all but I'll do my best to erase my memory banks, beep beep beep.

Edited by Sha Bu Le
tidy up

• 1 month later...