are doctors allowed to charge for sgc renewal

mikky

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yep. Those organisational subs still worth it? 😉

I was going to add that bit but got sidetracked 😂

BASC will fight for your rights on this matter, and will vigorously defend your rights as legal firearm users, just like we did with the doctors letter thingy 🙄

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine paid £120 another in the same surgery as me said they would not sign at all and he had to sign a form for the Gwent police to have his medical records.

Now what was sent and what wasn't i don't know but he did get his  SGC and FA through and that was last year this year i think it has come compulsory for doctors to sign 

i got another 4 yrs before mine is due again hopefully something will have changed by then for the better

2 minutes ago, button said:

After hearing all the horror stories, I was pleasantly surprised when mine was done f.o.c.

I though mine was, until the next time I went in, (2 months after I got my ticket) and they said , you owe us some money 😲

How much I said 🙈 
£10 she said. :good:

On 08/10/2019 at 06:33, Rim Fire said:

i think it has come compulsory for doctors to sign 

That is not the case !

I have just (August) had to change my medical practice because my old GP and his partners had a policy of not responding to any requests from Kent Police. Try telling a GP he has got to sign a letter is just going to get you shown the door.

My concern with all the doctors involvement in the license fiasco is 

every time your name comes up on the computer it flags up 

now I don’t have a problem with the doctor knowing I have firearms/ shotguns 

however the secretary/tea lady / cleaner and every one else who is in and out of the practice can see if it’s up on the screen when there in there along with my home address this doesn’t bode well for the security aspect     

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

My concern with all the doctors involvement in the license fiasco is 

every time your name comes up on the computer it flags up 

now I don’t have a problem with the doctor knowing I have firearms/ shotguns 

however the secretary/tea lady / cleaner and every one else who is in and out of the practice can see if it’s up on the screen when there in there along with my home address this doesn’t bode well for the security aspect     

That is only if the docs put it on the system, this I believe is requested but can not be enforced

12 hours ago, JJsDad said:

That is not the case !

I have just (August) had to change my medical practice because my old GP and his partners had a policy of not responding to any requests from Kent Police. Try telling a GP he has got to sign a letter is just going to get you shown the door.

Are you in Wales 

13 hours ago, JJsDad said:

That is not the case !

22 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Are you in Wales 

I think the clue is in his post!

I think the real question should be, is it right that the police can demand that a third party verifies your sworn disclosure, on the threat that if this verification isn’t forthcoming, you will be denied a licence.....and forces you, the applicant to pay the third party whatever amount of money they demand you pay for this verification!

This seems to me to be akin to conspiracy to demand money with menaces! 😡

Edited by panoma1

31 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

is it right that the police can demand that a third party verifies your sworn disclosure, on the threat that if this verification isn’t forthcoming, you will be denied a licence.....and forces you, the applicant to pay the third party whatever amount of money they demand you pay for this verification!

Exactly.

The way the country is becoming with knife related crime a daily occurence; public safety would increase considerably if Chief Constables insisted on a GPs letter before anyone could purchase a carving knife or machette. But of course this wont happen. Easy option to show they are taking crime seriously is to penalise the law abiding firearms licence holder and make his/her life more difficult even though crimes committed with legally held weapons are tiny by comparison.

• 1 month later...

Didn’t want to start a new thread so this seems the best one.

just renewing my sgc. A week after sending the letter, I got a letter from the go. £34, bit steep I thought as I haven’t been there for 9 years. But if the renewal goes through as quick as that, I’ll be well pleased. Avon and Somerset police

2 hours ago, SpringDon said:

just renewing my sgc. A week after sending the letter, I got a letter from the go. £34, bit steep I thought as I haven’t been there for 9 years. But if the renewal goes through as quick as that, I’ll be well pleased. Avon and Somerset police

Consider yourself lucky, some who have not seen their GP for a while get invited in for an interview, before the GP will agree to completing the medical report and then the fee has been £100 plus. 

2 hours ago, SpringDon said:

same as me if avon  and somerset dont here from your doctor after 21 days.all will go a head.