Yildiz Wildfowler SxS

stuart21

374367360_yilditzgeese1.jpg.4cc95db18d51cced996fb9149e8df5bf.jpg

yilditz goos e2.jpg

I have used mine for a few seasons now.Yes it is lighter than a zabala.longer barrels make it swing lovely.Each to their own.Oh and btw--it kills geese just fine and also i find 3" rounds pattern better  Would i sell  it cheap? Absolutely no chance .bloody fine gun .

Edited by bishop

The AYA is an old but very lovely and solid gun capable of handling steel in most peoples opinion,but not made for high speed steel loads.The choice to use steel is up to the individial.Certainly never put steel shot bigger than #1 or BB  steel thru it ,regardless,even  if its 1/2 choked .Some daft **** put BBB steel  thru s/s older guns as they feel 1/2 choke will make that just fine  ,and bulge the barrels rendering the gun useless.3" magnum terminology back  in the days of lead is slightly different that modern 3" magnum  relating to fast steel pressures .As i said the guns are solid but at the end of the day--- the risk,however small is yours to shoulder(pardon the pun).If ever in any doubt ask a qualified gunsmith,never rely on any forum for such serious advice.I do know the MODERN zabalas are steel proofed--i did consider one of them for myself.some going very cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2019 at 16:34, bishop said:

remember that despite the AYA being an outstanding gun they are not  multichoked  nor are they steel proofed to my knowledge thus if you were ever to fall foul and have some mishap your shooting insurance would be void.

I have a #3 that is Teague multi choked and steel shot proof, could be for sale , how would you price that in vgc? 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2019 at 16:34, bishop said:

remember that despite the AYA being an outstanding gun they are not  multichoked  nor are they steel proofed to my knowledge thus if you were ever to fall foul and have some mishap your shooting insurance would be void.

I agree the aya especially the no3 magnum outstanding guns for waterfowl your correct there not multichoked and not proofed for high performance steel shot but mine opened chokes to 1/2 1/4 I’ve put numerous 2/34 inch steel cartridges through it and the odd 3 inch gamebore magnum as well with no ill effects These guns for the price would do a Fowler’ for 90 percent of what There going to hunt 👍👍

23 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

I agree the aya especially the no3 magnum outstanding guns for waterfowl your correct there not multichoked and not proofed for high performance steel shot but mine opened chokes to 1/2 1/4 I’ve put numerous 2/34 inch steel cartridges through it and the odd 3 inch gamebore magnum as well with no ill effects These guns for the price would do a Fowler’ for 90 percent of what There going to hunt 👍👍

One just sold on here for 145 quid, bargain, 3" chambers, half and half choke what more could you want. My old Kestrel 3" has had alsorts through it.