Finally

fatchap

At last I have finally sussed how to get that glass like shine using super glue. 

20190903-181302.jpg

Finished this today and it took me 6 hours to get that shine, the pictures don't really show it but it looks like its been dipped in glass. Well happy with it.

Trouble is I've run out of Theraband which is a bit of an annoyance realised while I was cutting the grooves so I only done the one for now.

20190903-181331.jpg

This particular catapult build has had a devastating toll on my poor shed, The saw dust is everywhere, Using the rasps had things falling off shelves it was quite a dangerous place to be,

20190903-181245.jpg

All in all very pleased with how its come out.

Yeah boiled linseed oil and super glue but its not that simple, it takes quite a while to be honest, Get it sanded to 600 grit then add the linseed oil till it stops soaking in wipe off any that don't. Then using Nitrile gloves add a couple of drops of super glue and spread it about with your finger, It will already look pretty good. Give it about 20 mins between each coat of Super glue and give it at least 3 coats. Then its back on the sandpaper, 1000-5000 grit and finally finishing wax. And it will look like glass.