2 5/8th chambered 10, worth bothering with?

ratty1

, Thankyou for your replys, I am aware of using bismuth /itm etc, I am looking for a 2 7/8 chambered 10 but this came up and didn't know much about the much 25/8 chamber, the gun itself I realise is now a waste of time, it is the one on guntrader but for future I'm  wondering if that chambering would be OK, 

I've got two tens with 3 1/2 already but have always fancied a vintage 10.

17 minutes ago, ratty1 said:

, Thankyou for your replys, I am aware of using bismuth /itm etc, I am looking for a 2 7/8 chambered 10 but this came up and didn't know much about the much 25/8 chamber, the gun itself I realise is now a waste of time, it is the one on guntrader but for future I'm  wondering if that chambering would be OK, 

I've got two tens with 3 1/2 already but have always fancied a vintage 10.

As you and guzzicat says a mongrel, [should be obsolete really] . shame its not 2 7/8, would it be possible to open out the chambers ?

Started off on DMfirearms for £1600

http://dmfirearms.co.uk/?product=jg-brunn-10bore-hammergun

now down to £500 on stalkingdirectory by same seller.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/j-g-brunn-10b-side-by-side-damascus-nitro-reproofed-reduced-to-clear.163979/

At 25 thou (left barrel) and 31 thou (right barrel), it is arguably out of proof and would give it a pass if you are looking to use nitro through it.

Should ideally be a min of 30 thou each barrel to be safe.

Nothing wrong with 2 5/8 chambering itself mechanically and pattern wise (simple to cut down cases if reloading) but other than odd person such as Alan Myers I believe , nobody is loading new ammo for it any more as limited in loading and now effectively covered more cheaply  12b 3 inch magnum, hence the later move to 2 7/8, 3 1/4  and now 3 1/2 chamber sizing in 10b.

20 hours ago, islandgun said:

There was a very similar single ten advertised for a long time but that's disappeared. You would have to load bismuth [or lead if going to inland Scotland] . I would love to own it, as it looks a fine piece, sure theres some loads out there !

There’s a gent in the north east got a load of Remington 1 5/8 th oz Remington 4s for sale ...... yes 10 gauge

Edited by Salmo