• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Sorry OB I wasn't having a dig mate 👍.

My brother had his ex wife's name tattooed in large letters across his shoulders , the tattoo removal was as painful and expensive as the divorce 😅.

That's excellent 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

Mel, I look forward to you getting a similar design.:rolleyes:

I don't like them, especially on women. Look bloody awful when women age and the tattoos fade. Spoken to a few who had them done when younger and they said wish they hadn't.

The younger generation will probably think different. As tats are now common place on both sexes. Facial tattoos will and do ruin your career choices in lots of cases, much the same as bad attitude and inappropriate dress.

Watched an interesting program on tattoo removal lasers. Plastic surgeon was saying from the moment you get your tattoo your body is trying to get rid of it. 

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I've been collecting them for about 35 years now , mine are pretty much all personal to me ,and have meaning to me , some of them are good quality ,and some aren't, but they're still very personal. 

When I first started collecting tats , I was in the minority , but these days , just about everyone seems to be getting inked , I'm not so sure that fashion is a good reason to get a tattoo to be honest.

The right tattoo on the right woman looks fantastic, but , the wrong tattoo on the wrong woman looks absolutely awful.

The main difference between people that have tattoos and people that don't, is that people with tattoos, don't judge you for not having any.👍.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I have quite a few too and the reaction of some people when they discover makes me laugh.  I would always advise younger folk to be mindful what they get and where, regrettably a lot of people do judge.

The one on my chest I got because I had a weird dream and thought that would make a good tattoo, so I did.

As for the comments of 'as you get older they look rubbish', yes that's true, as the skin loses elasticity and pigment they don't look as good, but who cares anyway?  The rest of you will look pretty skanky too, there will undoubtably be a number of other ailments and you will start to smell a bit like faint pee and boiled cabbage.

Do the things you want to do when you have the ability to do them and enjoy them, if you put off until tomorrow you might just wake up dead and discover that tomorrow didn't arrive.  Just don't take advantage of anyone else to do what you want to do.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I don't like them, especially on women. Look bloody awful when women age and the tattoos fade. Spoken to a few who had them done when younger and they said wish they hadn't.

The younger generation will probably think different. As tats are now common place on both sexes. Facial tattoos will and do ruin your career choices in lots of cases, much the same as bad attitude and inappropriate dress.

Watched an interesting program on tattoo removal lasers. Plastic surgeon was saying from the moment you get your tattoo your body is trying to get rid of it. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/DoRWGYPE6nNeWSEYA

This young lady is a doctor working in Australia. Rather attractive if you ask me!

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

There are some lovely stories of badly executed foreign phrases being tattooed and then meaning other things when translated.

There was a good one on a slightly different tack about a tattooist in Hong Kong called Pinky Lo way back in the 1970`s.

A young sailor goes in and being Scottish decides to ask for a thistle with Scotland the brave written under it. Pinky speaks very few words of English, lots of them profanities, and does not understand so gets the lad to draw it and as he is finishing scribbling it down Pinky gets all animated and says "Ah fissle... me know, me know!" and starts tattooing. End of the session the young matelot has a look in the mirror and sees above the words "Scotland the Brave" a large pineapple!

In the 80's when i was in Germany with the army, our Squadron were on parade on a Monday morning, and the Squadron Sergeant Major (SSM) called one of the jock lads out to the front, he then made him take off his top and the dressing covering a tattoo he'd had done a few days before, he then had to walk up and down each rank showing us his lovely tattoo of a scottish piper, and it was a very good tattoo, it even had some writing underneath " remember the battle of Bannockburn 1066" is what it said. it transpired he was on the **** with his mates, and decided to get the tattoo, he couldn't remember the date of the battle so his mates told him,unfortunatly his mates were all English.

He had to wait for a while until it healed so he could get a scroll put over it.

6 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

In the 80's when i was in Germany with the army, our Squadron were on parade on a Monday morning, and the Squadron Sergeant Major (SSM) called one of the jock lads out to the front, he then made him take off his top and the dressing covering a tattoo he'd had done a few days before, he then had to walk up and down each rank showing us his lovely tattoo of a scottish piper, and it was a very good tattoo, it even had some writing underneath " remember the battle of Bannockburn 1066" is what it said. it transpired he was on the lash with his mates, and decided to get the tattoo, he couldn't remember the date of the battle so his mates told him,unfortunatly his mates were all English.

He had to wait for a while until it healed so he could get a scroll put over it.

Marvellous!

2 hours ago, grrclark said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I have quite a few too and the reaction of some people when they discover makes me laugh.  I would always advise younger folk to be mindful what they get and where, regrettably a lot of people do judge.

The one on my chest I got because I had a weird dream and thought that would make a good tattoo, so I did.

As for the comments of 'as you get older they look rubbish', yes that's true, as the skin loses elasticity and pigment they don't look as good, but who cares anyway?  The rest of you will look pretty skanky too, there will undoubtably be a number of other ailments and you will start to smell a bit like faint pee and boiled cabbage.

Do the things you want to do when you have the ability to do them and enjoy them, if you put off until tomorrow you might just wake up dead and discover that tomorrow didn't arrive.  Just don't take advantage of anyone else to do what you want to do.

Good post.

Not a fan personally, especially not on women, but each to their own.

0tat.jpg

i have always liked the vintage stuff, not a fan of the "tribal" designs which are there just to have a tattoo.

I saw a girl the other week with her arm tattooed black no detail just all black from shoulder to wrist, i didnt really see the point in that one.

Face and neck tattoos are a no from me though! and hands is pretty trashy.

Edited by ferguson_tom