Tattoos, love them or loathe them ?

Old Boggy

2 minutes ago, fern01 said:

I worked with a guy who had his first wife's name tattooed on his arm and his second wife to be wouldn't marry him untill he had it removed.

The resulting laser surgery was painful and the end result looked a mess, but perhaps techniques are much better now.

My old Sgt had Celtic tattooed down the front of his forearm, it was a home done job from when he was younger, he had it cut out so he could get up the promotion ladder, the resulting 12 inch scar looked blinking awful,pity laser removal wasn't around at the time.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, guzzicat said:

One not very pretty nurse said to a gorgeous one "That man in bed3 has WE LUDO tattooed on his thingy", the pretty one smiled & said " No it is WELCOME TO LLANDUDNO"

When I first heard that one it was  'WENDY' and 'WELCOME TO NEW YORK, HAVE A NICE DAY'

Personally not for me.

But whatever people like I guess... my brother is covered in them from low neck to feet and spends £1000’s .

Hand tattoos don’t get me started and personally I think any that are visible then your chances of good impressions for jobs, relationships, general meetings etc aren’t positive. I know you should not judge a book-by it’s cover but people do and always will

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

gives you something to look at when you have your clothes off............

its metalwork i cant abide.........

Piercings I can’t stand either. Especially on men. 

We get the odd weirdo round here covered in them 🤮. I wouldn’t want to talk or if was sat next to one on a plane I’d ask to move. 

Yes it’s bad of me but just makes me feel very unpleasant

Edited by dodeer

On 05/09/2019 at 14:24, ferguson_tom said:

I saw a girl the other week with her arm tattooed black no detail just all black from shoulder to wrist, i didnt really see the point in that one.

I love an all black tattoo, my right arm is mostly black save for a few bits I had left blank. Id love more tattoos, on my hands etc, but I am concerned about being able to get a new job etc so will probably stick to ones that can be covered if necessary 

20 hours ago, KB1 said:

What can I say, other than I find those tattoos women get on their lower backs, incredibly off-putting 😳  You didn't mention anything about lower back tattoos until now, only the comment  'tramp stamps'.

Are you suggesting I would be a better person if I lied, towed the PC line and say "They look great"?  I'm not the one suggesting anything; you're the one making the suggestions, and about people you don't know. You don't need to lie about anything, you could have simply said you don't like them rather than an immature sweeping generalisation.

I'm surprised that you would take something so personal when it doesn't suit your own circumstances…….🤔  I'm not taking it personally. I don't mind that you don't like them, it's personal choice; I just find your comment towards those who do like them ( especially females )  belittling and insulting. I seriously doubt you'd say it to their faces. 

My eldest daughter had her nipples pierced when she was younger, and if anyone had criticised her, I would have agreed wholeheartedly…… Did you call her a tramp? 

Some people don't like guns; what does that say about them??? That they don't like guns? Just a thought. 🤔

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I think if you Google 'Tramp Stamp' you may just climb down from your high horse🥴  I was not inferring your daughter or anyone else's is a tramp…….. I was simply referring to a type of tattoo that I find to be unattractive 🙄

Edited by KB1

1 hour ago, KB1 said:

I think if you Google 'Tramp Stamp' you may just climb down from your high horse🥴  I was not inferring your daughter or anyone else's is a tramp…….. I was simply referring to a type of tattoo that I find to be unattractive 🙄

Strange isn’t it, you’re the one making defamatory remarks but in a desperate attempt to back track you claim I’m the one on my high horse! 🙂

You didn’t ‘refer’ to any particular type of tattoo nor provide a link to google, you simply made a sweeping comment. 

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

Strange isn’t it, you’re the one making defamatory remarks but in a desperate attempt to back track you claim I’m the one on my high horse! 🙂

You didn’t ‘refer’ to any particular type of tattoo nor provide a link to google, you simply made a sweeping comment. 

For goodness sake, the tattoo I refer to is commonly known as a "TRAMP STAMP", and I expressed the fact that I don't like them!  I'm not backtracking from anything, I totally meant what I said…… Tramp Stamps🤮   Some people on here have expressed the fact that they don't like tattoo's of face's, hands, etc.  Why do you want to single me out?????

Personally, I think it's because your not familiar with the term 'Tramp Stamp' (Not invented by me, I can assure you), and you've leapt to a misinformed conclusion🙄

Just to be clear, I have NO problem with people having tattoo's. Most of my mates (male and female) have them, but I don't have to like every type of body art out there, and am free to express that opinion; especially on a thread devoted to it…….   If you continue seeing that as an affront to your offspring, then I would suggest it is you Sir that is showing an immaturity🙄

21 hours ago, KB1 said:

For goodness sake, the tattoo I refer to is commonly known as a "TRAMP STAMP", and I expressed the fact that I don't like them!  I'm not backtracking from anything, I totally meant what I said…… Tramp Stamps🤮   Some people on here have expressed the fact that they don't like tattoo's of face's, hands, etc.  Why do you want to single me out?????

Personally, I think it's because your not familiar with the term 'Tramp Stamp' (Not invented by me, I can assure you), and you've leapt to a misinformed conclusion🙄

Just to be clear, I have NO problem with people having tattoo's. Most of my mates (male and female) have them, but I don't have to like every type of body art out there, and am free to express that opinion; especially on a thread devoted to it…….   If you continue seeing that as an affront to your offspring, then I would suggest it is you Sir that is showing an immaturity🙄

I can't understand why you're getting so het up; you said it, not me. 🙂

I don't see it as an affront to my offspring; I'm pretty sure she would just laugh, and as far as I'm aware she doesn't have any tattoos on the small of her back. If you're of the opinion that all women who have such tattoos are tramps, then perhaps the problem is more yours than theirs. Misinformed conclusion on your part perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I don't see it as an affront to my offspring; I'm pretty sure she would just laugh, and as far as I'm aware she doesn't have any tattoos on the small of her back. If you're of the opinion that all women who have such tattoos are tramps, then perhaps the problem is more yours than theirs. Misinformed conclusion on your part perhaps? 

I don’t think he was getting at your daughter but merely saying a tattoo above a women’s anas area ( lower back) is loosely known as a tramp stamp referring to when bent over with you behind that’s what you see 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

On 07/09/2019 at 09:12, Scully said:

What can I say, other than I find those tattoos women get on their lower backs, incredibly off-putting 😳  You didn't mention anything about lower back tattoos until now, only the comment  'tramp stamps'.

Perhaps you need to take stock of your rant Scully, and realise that you have read it wrong from the outset……..  You point out (As above) that I 'didn't mention anything about lower back tattoo's until now', when the phrase 'Tramp Stamp' refers ONLY to a tattoo on that part of the anatomy 🙄   Just because you weren't aware of that at the outset, that doesn't justify your protracted moral outburst at someone commenting on a particular dislike.

7 hours ago, KB1 said:

Perhaps you need to take stock of your rant Scully, and realise that you have read it wrong from the outset……..  You point out (As above) that I 'didn't mention anything about lower back tattoo's until now', when the phrase 'Tramp Stamp' refers ONLY to a tattoo on that part of the anatomy 🙄   Just because you weren't aware of that at the outset, that doesn't justify your protracted moral outburst at someone commenting on a particular dislike.

Ok. I’m just finding it difficult to believe that if you don't regard those women who have tattoos on the small of their backs as tramps,  then why you would refer to them as ‘tramp stamps’? Does the positioning of a tattoo make any difference to a womans morals, perceived or otherwise? 

If she had ‘Warning: slippery when wet’ on the inside of her thigh I could understand your comment, but only for that individual person and not everyone who had a tattoo in such a place. 🙂See what I mean? 

On 05/09/2019 at 20:35, fern01 said:

Probably so they cant get a job

I've just been looking at this thread again , and it's got me thinking about the people that I know , that have a facial tattoo , and all of them have jobs. I'd guess that thinking that people get a tattoo to avoid work , is just old fashioned stereotyping. 

On 06/09/2019 at 06:06, Mungler said:

This.

As I approach 50 I come to realise that I only regret the things I haven’t done, not what I have done.

I have a mate in his mid fifties , Last year he had a close call with a heart problem , and had three stents fitted, he's always had tattoos, but since his near miss , he's had his hands and neck tattooed,  he said that his near miss made him realise that you only get one chance to do the things that you want to do.