Garage floor

Davyo

done quite a few ceramic floors but never in home garage ,  there are very few tiles that are non slip when wet  or covered in dust , not to mention oil ,    when using footwear 

there are a lot of non slip epoxy  with coloured beads to give texture  and tough  as hell used in factory walkways  may be worth a look 

Go to the same garage in winter Davyo, there will be them runner Matt's at all doors and signs saying slippery floor.

They end up like an ice rink when wet.

Neighbors are having a garden re landscape, new fences ground levels changed all patios and paths taken up and redone. They are having  large porcelain tiles laid to patio and paths. I'm waiting till winter with all the leaves off trees and rain etc, be a few a&e trips. I have natural riven slate patio and that's bad in winter..

The new resin flooring looks good and durable, or the checkered interlocking floor tiles that garages have.

Quarry tiles would work as they're not slippery when wet (Am I allowed to say that on here?😛) but they're not inexpensive and of course quite small, so would take ages to lay. Also grout tends to stain easily from spilled oil/brake fluid etc.

What about workshop floor paint? It's designed for the job.

Am watching this thread with interest, as I'd like to put tile on my future garage/workshop floor.

Hundreds of thousands of garages and cellars in mainland Europe are tiled and you don't hear of accidents from people slipping when wet.  But I've never quite managed to get to the bottom of what kind of tile (porcelain...I think), and of course you really have to lay them properly (no air pockets or they'll crack under the weight of a vehicle).

For those sceptics, when was the last time you slipped walking near a swimming pool because the floor was wet?

The previous owner at a rental place I own put floor paint down in the garage, and it looks terrible after a few years.  It also appears to do very little to keep the dust down, though of course I have no idea if he applied it correctly, or if he even used the correct product!

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Duramatt have a sale on at the moment.I want something stable as I was and detail my cars in the garage so plenty of foam/water on the floor.