Nobodyimportant - Hurricane Dorian.

Penelope

Some friends went down to check on their place a I asked them to check up on mine.  The bridge to the island is open and there is no power but my place is not to bad.  I have some limbs down and lots of debris from other houses strewn about.  One window is cracked but watertight.  Lots of others weren’t as lucky.  My place is nested is a grove of angle oaks and they break the wind really well.   So overall feeling pretty about it.  

7 hours ago, figgy said:

Great news for you, excuse to go for a few days and stay over fishing after clearing up.

Yes sir,  my parents bought the place across the street.  So they are going down this week to make sure their place is water tight.  They have a key to my place so they will double check mine.  I plan on going down in a month or two to winterize it.  It’s hard to get down there as the new farm is taking my weekends now.  Plus dove season and deer season is open. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant
J

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yes sir,  my parents bought the place across the street.  So they are going down this week to make sure their place is water tight.  They have a key to my place so they will double check mine.  I plan on going down in a month or two to winterize it.  It’s hard to get down there as the new farm is taking my weekends now.  Plus dove season and deer season is open. 

Sounds like you've got your priorities right!