New to the game

Percy78

Hello....

i’ve lurked on here for long enough and thought it was about time to get involved.

i managed to get myself a permission to shoot on a field through luck more than anything else, right place and time if anything! 

It’s a linseed field but surrounded by maize and a recently harvested field at one end. Lots of sitty trees and plenty of pigeons coming and going. 

I haven’t had time to sit for hours but I’ve managed a couple of mornings and afternoons over the last few weeks and I’m finding my way as I go. I’ve read tips on here and I’m slowly getting to grips with it.

I hit some and I miss some but the time spent in the field watching the birds come and go and weather pass (luckily in the distance) has been a fantastic experience. Sometimes I haven’t had an opportunity to pull the trigger but being in the great outdoors among nature and watching it pass by is one hell of a way to spend your time and great for the soul!

Thanks to the regular posters on here. It’s a great resource and great for us beginners!

6 minutes ago, figgy said:

Of haven't done so yet go to a clay ground and get some practice in. When the birds come you'll be a better shot.

Staying still in the hide out of sight is the hardest thing to learn.

I’ve been on the clay ground for a while which has definitely helped.

You’re absolutely right with the staying still part. I’m a half decent shot but getting in the right position and having patience is a skill!!