Midland game fair

B725

I always enjoyed this show despite its slide in the last few years. Worked it on saturday so didnt get a chance to look around. Had feeby tickets so i went today..

Jeez, what a disappointment. It was a tat fair... one tent selling beds??? Plastic bows and arrows and catapults...gunmakers row (or festival of shooting) really?? One guy said it was £2.5k for his pitch!!

Feel sorry for people who paid 18 quid.

It needs new management and revamp.

24 minutes ago, del.gue said:

I always enjoyed this show despite its slide in the last few years. Worked it on saturday so didnt get a chance to look around. Had feeby tickets so i went today..

Jeez, what a disappointment. It was a tat fair... one tent selling beds??? Plastic bows and arrows and catapults...gunmakers row (or festival of shooting) really?? One guy said it was £2.5k for his pitch!!

Feel sorry for people who paid 18 quid.

It needs new management and revamp.

They all seem to have gone the same way, tatty sunday markets that you have to pay to shop in.

I now avoid them unless some nice person gets me tickets, then I go along and meet old friends!

45 minutes ago, B725 said:

I have sent them an email telling they we were very disappointed, I wonder if they will reply. 

Ive had been doing that for the previous 4 years now, the only reply i ever got was an email asking if i wanted to pre-book tickets and if i wanted to camp. That was when countrman fairs ran it, Ian Harford (Team Wild) ran it.

They really dont give a monkeys.

Edited by Dougy

the midland is no longer about country sports ,  /////   used to have a huge  Birmingham gun trade + others , fly fishing cane rod makers , dog training / trials /  inc bodging skills/   stick making / rabbit net making , to name a few, or an all round country crafts scene  be it    / butchering game etc / bbq  ( game fayres are about country crafts.... …….stop)            not a  car boot fayre  a shame we are loosing a traditional resource ,  to  a corporate  narrow minded £ return  while being   driven  into the ground  its all about the quick £     rather than the long term £    (build it they will come )       has not improved in 10 yrs,      I don't support any more  /after 20 + years  a loyal supporter as was the highlight of the calendar for me   DISAPOINTED FULL STOP