Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Nobody

What A Beast!

Recommended Posts

Very nice. Sadly, our government won't allow us to use such firearms anymore. Back in the 1980's I had many full bore pistols, my two favourites being, S&W 686 .357 magnum and Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Very nice. Sadly, our government won't allow us to use such firearms anymore. Back in the 1980's I had many full bore pistols, my two favourites being, S&W 686 .357 magnum and Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum.

I like the ruger service six  more than the s&w. To me it feels a bit better finished, not so many sharp edges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Very nice. Sadly, our government won't allow us to use such firearms anymore. Back in the 1980's I had many full bore pistols, my two favourites being, S&W 686 .357 magnum and Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum.

You would like this then, a bit cheaper than $7000.

 

  • o_1c7h2vohm1hicp9l74v1d9u17rjg.jpg  

View Dealer's Location & Store 

Description: Smith & Wesson Model 686-6 Target Revolver in .357 Magnum. Top of the line revolver from S&W featuring an all stainless construction, six inch barrel with full underlug to help manage recoil and balance revolver, a frame mounted firing pin with transfer bar safety system, pinned blade style front sight with rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation.
Location: Co Tyrone
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Smith & Wesson
Model: 686-6
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Either
Calibre: .357magnum
Mechanism: Double-action
Status: Live Firing
Barrel Length: 150
Overall Length: 290
Price: £1,000
Gun Condition: Excellent
Accessories: Includes Pachmeyer rubber grips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy memories of using it. I can't remember what I paid, but it was around the £400 mark (1986) I believe.

I'd love to own one again, but our lovely government don't trust me/us to have one. I may consider a long barrel pistol when our shooting range opens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ordnance said:

You would like this then, a bit cheaper than $7000.

 

  • o_1c7h2vohm1hicp9l74v1d9u17rjg.jpg  

View Dealer's Location & Store 

Description: Smith & Wesson Model 686-6 Target Revolver in .357 Magnum. Top of the line revolver from S&W featuring an all stainless construction, six inch barrel with full underlug to help manage recoil and balance revolver, a frame mounted firing pin with transfer bar safety system, pinned blade style front sight with rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation.
Location: Co Tyrone
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Smith & Wesson
Model: 686-6
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Either
Calibre: .357magnum
Mechanism: Double-action
Status: Live Firing
Barrel Length: 150
Overall Length: 290
Price: £1,000
Gun Condition: Excellent
Accessories: Includes Pachmeyer rubber grips.

Funny that not many are able to have hand guns on the mainland but if you can have one they are cheaper than in NI. Just looked at 1 £725 in NI and £452 here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Funny that not many are able to have hand guns on the mainland but if you can have one they are cheaper than in NI. Just looked at 1 £725 in NI and £452 here.

Depends on the condition, do have you a link they can be transferred over here. 

Edited by ordnance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are two different  manufactures / guns, that's like comparing the price of a Croatian manufactured car with a American made car.  If you are looking a cheap pistol buy a Glock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ordnance said:

They are two different  manufactures / guns, that's like comparing the price of a Croatian manufactured car with a American made car.  If you are looking a cheap pistol buy a Glock. 

HS product make the Springfield xd range and just put the springfield name on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bluesj said:

HS product make the Springfield xd range and just put the springfield name on them

Then you are paying extra for Springfield name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Then you are paying extra for Springfield name. 

That's about it!

I don't think the springfield named guns are officially imported in to the UK mainland and some of the guns made for springfield by HS are not available here ether which is a shame as I would have liked the xde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...