300 MPH Road Car?

Danger-Mouse

Koenigsegg  Jesko will soon better it by a couple of mph and race will be back.on to be fastest.  As these cars are over a million a pop don't think the owners are bothered about speed limits. Track days and runways are the thing. To be fair back in the fifties cars were doing over a 150 mph. If you watch the festival of speed timed shoot out a old lancia sports car from the 1930's beat most modern sports cars. So 300 mph in a modern supercar isn't a huge milestone with modern technology.

Edited by figgy

10 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Must be your manic look as your hunched over the steering wheel, and the sound of banjos coming from the sound system 🤤

:lol:  The only sound system it has are two Cherry Bomb straight through units in the 2 inch exhaust pipe which let the V8 play a tune.

The manic look might be close.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 22:43, figgy said:

Vince what you piloting at 150mph

SL55 AMG and before that I had a DB9. Its hard (ie expensive) to get tyres rated for over 140 so i don't suppose I will do it again. At one time all German Autobahns were unlimited but the German govt started putting speed limits on them because of the horrendous accidents.

The German car manufacturers complained to the Government, how could they sell high performance cars if the customers had nowhere to drive them. So the government agreed, a few selected Autobahns would remain unrestricted if in return the cars were limited to 155mph by their engine management . 

My step sister lives near Dusseldorf so I used to go out and frighten myself occasionally

Edited by Vince Green