Browning maxus

Harry136

I couldn't get the screwed cap out the end, broke one large flat blade screwdriver. Twisted the screwdriver end on a large pair of footprints. To near 45 degreesTried a small pry bar with pipe grips and action clamped with leather to protect in a bench vice. After heating the end. Wouldn't budge. Pushed the pin in before anyone says everytime I tried turn it.

The mag tube never moved at either end, I wanted to remove the spring and cart follower to clean and relube.  I'd take it to a gunsmith, saves damaging it.

Nick the locking pin out then heat the end of the tube difficult to remove without marking the tube I had to polish the marks off mine afterwards I use a narrow Cole chisel that I ground the end to fit the slot and I then puts a socket and 1/2” ratchet on the end to twist it of the threads as there put on with permanent lock tight.

after cleaning mine I retightened with normal lock tight.

also when you heat the tube you need to push the plastic restrictor out the way or you will melt it. 

Tried heat untill quite hot, pushed in lock pin and still would not budge.  Any more force and I chanced breaking or twisting the action. I'm not a small man so can exert a bit force. 

Might have to say balls to it and heat the hell out of it so it will move, if I break it I'll have to buy a new tube and cap.

Mine took quite some force and did kind of need three hands.

Placed the tube into a vice with padded jaws and then used super large flat bladed woodworking screwdriver with a set of grips on the shaft to provide leverage.

It eventually went, got- changed mine from a Euro/US removable plug type to a U.K. non removable version 

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Surely it shouldn’t be that hard to remove? 

Take it back. 

Because the tubes aren’t crimped to restrict them then it’s made super difficult to remove- stop you having a five shot 

29 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Mine took quite some force and did kind of need three hands.

Placed the tube into a vice with padded jaws and then used super large flat bladed woodworking screwdriver with a set of grips on the shaft to provide leverage.

It eventually went, got- changed mine from a Euro/US removable plug type to a U.K. non removable version 

Because the tubes aren’t crimped to restrict them then it’s made super difficult to remove- stop you having a five shot 

Is that legal? 

On 15/09/2019 at 19:31, kenholland said:

youtube say you can get it out with a car key in one of there video's?.

That’s the ones figgy is on about- it’s the removable migratory plug as often banded about on YouTube USA channels

Some European ones got through the net too.

On 15/09/2019 at 19:52, Lloyd90 said:

Is that legal? 

Mine was one of the Euro ones that I purchased whilst living in France.

Changed it so that when it was entered on my UK sgc there would be no issues and was carried out over there - all totally legal there and was done to make it totally legal here.  

Edited by Jaymo
Spell checker