beast from the east

sam triple

Can't wait half inch of snow country at standstill. News agencies telling people not to make any journeys unless absolutely necessary.  Planes and trains cancelled as it's the wrong type of snow fall that's dusted the rails and runways. 

The beast from the east, so we might get a bit of blustery weather in winter.  Best start prepping for Armageddon.

This country has gone soft, we used to dig our way out to get to school in the 1970's. Buses still ran and trains. Milk and post were very rarely not delivered, might be a bit late was all.

6 minutes ago, figgy said:

Can't wait half inch of snow country at standstill. News agencies telling people not to make any journeys unless absolutely necessary.  Planes and trains cancelled as it's the wrong type of snow fall that's dusted the rails and runways. 

The beast from the east, so we might get a bit of blustery weather in winter.  Best start prepping for Armageddon.

This country has gone soft, we used to dig our way out to get to school in the 1970's. Buses still ran and trains. Milk and post were very rarely not delivered, might be a bit late was all.

The company I worked for some time ago said that we shouldn't drive their vans in the snow unless it was important, I asked if we would get payed if we stayed at home they said no so as far as I was concerned it was important 😁 

5 hours ago, VicW said:

We moved into our first home of our own on New Years Day in the winter of 1962/63. It was small caravan at Avebury in Wiltshire.

Nothing will phase us after that winter.

Vic.

Yup, broke all records for falling off a Lambretta. In the end I got adept at just stepping off and following it down the road.  Still had frozen solid snow banks up the main road in Walmley , Sutton Coldfield till April. 

Left it till July to get married and move into a nice new police house with storage heaters.

Edited by Walker570

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Would that be the same, Silv'ry Tay, subject of the critically, comically acclaimed worst poetry ever to make it into the English language? It does look very silvery.

“As I was walking down the road, I saw a cow, a bull by goad!”

”The Tay, the Tay, the silvery Tay, runs from Perth to Dundee every day....and back again”

Good old William McGonagall.

7 hours ago, henry d said:

Kinda, but he was viewing it "fae Dundee eh!"

The Great McGonogal? Did for poetry what Erma Thundberg did for world travel. 

2 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

The Great McGonogal? Did for poetry what Erma Thundberg did for world travel. 

Oh The Loch, The Loch, The Bonny Bonny Loch, Etc.Etc. Etc. Ad Nauseum