Gun Cleaning FAIL

Papercase

So we recently moved in to a new build house. I was cleaning my pump action in the bathroom this eve, when for some reason I decided to push the bronze brush through with the top of the barrel in the air instead of pointing down.

The white wall now has a mix of Napier cleaner and Eley Mammoth residue... What a mingmong! Cue grovelling in three, two, one...

37 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just tell her you had a dicky tummy, you bent over to pick something up and you ****** ... she won't mention it again. 

If it was that black Lloyd we'd have bigger issues!

The garage is work in progress, I've built my shelving but need to get my bench done, maybe this can be leverage? 

i got banned from the bathroom cause i used to clean my black powder 8 bore barrels in the bath with hot water and soap before i dried and oiled it..........it left a unremoverble black ring right around the bath..........

she was defo not pleased...

new bath

32 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

I thought everyone had a gun room for this?

Me too 

i had a word with my man he said obviously not the thing to do cleaning your own guns

leave all cleaning to the servants and chauffeur

gun cleaning is not a thing to be done by the unskilled it’ll take years of training and preparation to do a proper job 

he advised me to retire to the billiard room and have a port whilst he took care of it  

and here’s the rub 🙄

i had to pour it myself 🤔